Question for CK | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for CK

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Kurt Benkert and if so, could you give your thoughts on him? Just interested in your opinion.

I think TedSlimmJr has had some good thoughts on him:

http://finheaven.com/threads/slimms-2018-quarterbacks-seniors.340668/page-2#post-7516138

My own thoughts are mixed. There's a lot to be impressed about Benkert and his ability to make plays. I thought his Senior Bowl was such a good microcosm of his broader evaluation. There was really a pretty fantastic play in there he made to get the ball to Rashaad Penny, who aided by making a fantastic play of his own and producing the long TD. But then there's the inconsistency.

I said he reminds me of Jim Harbaugh. I never thought terribly well of Jim Harbaugh as a quarterback from a consistency standpoint, but he could make plays, and he was certainly tough. I think Benkert is like that. But there's something missing there in terms of being able to execute as a quarterback, because Virginia had lots of talent in the receivers unit, and Benkert was a pretty good quarterback capable of making lots of plays, yet that offense wasn't close to what it could have been.

I would probably pass on Kurt Benkert at most price levels just because the chances are I'm going to get more excited about some of the other kids in this class, even ones that could very well end up worse quarterbacks than Kurt Benkert.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking that if he slid in to the 7th( which I don't think will happen) we could take a flyer on him. Riley Ferguson as a late round development guy is the QB I would want to target.

Back
Top Bottom