questions about salary cap/FA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

questions about salary cap/FA

C

chada456

This offseason there are free agents that can improve our OL, LB , and CB positions. I remember last year wanting Julian Peterson or Lavar Arrington but not getting either one bc more money was offered (I believe?). I am sure there are other teams willing to spend a lot of money, so my question is, do we have the money to throw out a huge contract to one (or more than one, but thats probably pushing it) of these high priced players. Where do we stand on the salary cap issue?Anybody with information...
Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs- one of these playmakers on our Defense would be insane. Dont know the names of the OL, but are any of them worth the money? Or better of getting one in the draft?

haha wat? ask who?

Clumpy is our resident cap expert, and CK and Boomer are some of the best evaluators of talent I've ever seen. If you get lucky, one of them will come in here :D

ooo ok thanx but no "non-expert" knows anything pertaining to the possibility of getting one high-priced free agent?

In my opinion I would love to sign Clements, Samuel, and Thomas for defence. on offence I would love to sign Randy moss or Terrell Owens if released, but on the line Max Starks would be nice.

there are alot of people to cut and free up some cap room

Didn't Briggs say he would like to come here? Or was that just a rumor?

does anyone have like a list of the cap numbers? how much we are paying people and things like that?

does anyone have like a list of the cap numbers? how much we are paying people and things like that?

The cap page on Finheaven has been "updated" for like 6 months now.... the Sun Sentinel had a list of players salaries sometime in December which I would search for.

As for where we are, I guess we are 17-19 million under the cap and we can free up another 10 million with "funny money" and getting rid of some contracts.

We are in decent cap standing but we have a lot of FAs to sign.

ooo ok thanx but no "non-expert" knows anything pertaining to the possibility of getting one high-priced free agent?

We have the money and the room to get a high priced free agent, but we also need to sign a lot of people for depth. In 2-3 years, we will be done with Jt and ZT's contract so if we sign a high priced FA, we can structure the contract to manipulate where we take the cap hit.

We have no Dline depth, no Oline depth, need LBers, a #1 WR, and help in the secondary so although we do have cap space, a lot of it will be used to sign those players.

This offseason there are free agents that can improve our OL, LB , and CB positions. I remember last year wanting Julian Peterson or Lavar Arrington but not getting either one bc more money was offered (I believe?). I am sure there are other teams willing to spend a lot of money, so my question is, do we have the money to throw out a huge contract to one (or more than one, but thats probably pushing it) of these high priced players. Where do we stand on the salary cap issue?Anybody with information...
Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs- one of these playmakers on our Defense would be insane. Dont know the names of the OL, but are any of them worth the money? Or better of getting one in the draft?

Right now, we are standing on $17mil. But we also will clear $3.1mil by cutting Booker, $4mil by cutting Carter before 3/1, $2mil by cutting Harrington, $2mil by cutting Anderson, and $2mil by cutting James before 3/1 or after 6/1...

Mckinney would clear $4mil but I think we will restructure his contract and clear some of that but keep him.

Thomas will clear anywhere up to $6mil by restructuring his contract and Taylor and Chambers can clear some as well...

We "will" have around $30mil to spend.

Steinbach and Clements should be our main "expensive" players to pursue...with Curtis the WR we should pursue to replace Booker.

If Curtis doesnt sign with us, we should trade a 2nd round pick to OAK for Randy Moss

Then, we can focus the draft on NT, OLB, and depth...:wink:

I would trade Booker and a 3rd for Moss rather then cutting him or even just a third for Moss but not a second!

i dont know i hate moss but him and c-pep together with chambers on the other side has got to scare people. if we are going to draft a WR with one of the first 3 picks i would rather waste it to get moss

Back
Top Bottom