Quick 4 round mock...well not to quick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick 4 round mock...well not to quick

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
1st rd: Larry English OLB NIU 6-2 254- Ideal frame and JP's replacement. Good pass rush and non stop motor defiantly a BP type of player. Needs some polishing but will be a quick study. I know Cushing is a popular pick but i think that English will be the pick here. Cushing played with an elite defense and is a fantastic player. But English required double and sometimes triple teams, can run himself out of plays but i think can make the translation to OLB with relative ease.

2nd rd A: Eric Wood C UL 6-4 304- Stock is flying up HANDLED Raji on several occasions and though i like Satele i think he is a better guard and will help our outside running game because he is good in space. Wood will anchor the line for years and with Thomas and Long and Satele we have a young and good line.

2nd rd B: Ron Brace DT, BC 6-3 324- I dont know if he lasts this long we may trade up to secure him earlier in the round. Very good against the run incredible strength and good at the point of attack. pass rush lack but a year or so under Fergie can help alot. Questions about motor but in this regiment i doubt that will be a problem long. I was super impressed with him chasing down that guy in the senior bowl game.

3rd rd: David Burton, FS/SS, ND 6-2 205- Good size very physical and can play the run very well. Non stop motor and very good tackler and very very hard worker. A special teams STAR and fits the mold of smart aggressive player and has tons of athletic ability.

4th rd: Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina 6-2 270- A big thumper to play inside. With Crowder probably gone and with the belief that we will bring in a MLB(Dansby, Scott etc etc) this is a solid pick. He is a tackling machine and is fast for his size can lower the boom. And def fits the get younger and bigger mold we are following. He will clog the middle and make plays form day one. I have him this late due to injury hurting his stock. Though he is healthy people will pass but since he is here in the 4th BP better jump on him.

Roster 2009 with this draft with no guys released cause it hasnt happened yet

QB: Pennington,, Henne
RB: Brown, Williams
FB: Polite
WR: Ginn, Camarillo, Bess, London
TE: Fasano, Martin
LT: Long, Frye
LG: Smiley,Ndukwe
C: Wood, Satele
RG: Thomas, Satele
RT: Carey/FA

Defense:
DE:Langford, Starks
NT: Ferguson, Brace
DE: Holliday, Merling
SLB: Wake, Roth
ILB: (FA)/Crowder
ILB: Brinkley
WLB: Porter, English
CB: Allen, Goodman
SS: Bell, Culver
FS: Hill, Burton

what do think? criticism is welcomed but no need for bashing

Yeah man that coupled with a solid free agency period (a CB and ILB) and i think we will be a much better defense. And alittle deeper on the line should be interesting to see where we go.

i'd be happy but not overwhelmed...

on a sidenote, if you think cameron wake will start at the SOLB, think again. This guy is going to learn the WOLB under porter just like harrisson in pittsburgh (let's pray for a similar outcome :D )

not bad at all.

i like wood better at guard. his guard play in the senior bowl game
was superb!!

but wood is gaining big time notice and he may be one of the few
guards/centers to go in the first round. he is big time at both positions
and that is value and that usually bumps you up. he is a hi second round
guardd and a 3rd round center. the dual position will have some team
grabbing him up towards the bottom 3rd of the 1st round. dont be suprised!

I like this mock very much. Each player would be a bigtime addition practically right away. Good work, dude!

i would be a little disappointed in a draft like that but i could live with it
why would you be disappointed? i'd be happy as all get out if that was our draft through the first 4 rds...though i think we'll go more than just one OL in the first 4 rds

I like this draft. However, I have a feeling we may invest 2 of those first four picks on o-linemen.

I like this draft. However, I have a feeling we may invest 2 of those first four picks on o-linemen.

I agree with you and phinfan33.....i just think we will make some noise in the FA market for O-linemen. If we dont i def see that English pick turning in to Duke Robinson and then get Wood, Lungis or Unger with the 2A pick

1st rd: Larry English OLB NIU 6-2 254- Ideal frame and JP's replacement. Good pass rush and non stop motor defiantly a BP type of player. Needs some polishing but will be a quick study. I know Cushing is a popular pick but i think that English will be the pick here. Cushing played with an elite defense and is a fantastic player. But English required double and sometimes triple teams, can run himself out of plays but i think can make the translation to OLB with relative ease.

2nd rd A: Eric Wood C UL 6-4 304- Stock is flying up HANDLED Raji on several occasions and though i like Satele i think he is a better guard and will help our outside running game because he is good in space. Wood will anchor the line for years and with Thomas and Long and Satele we have a young and good line.

2nd rd B: Ron Brace DT, BC 6-3 324- I dont know if he lasts this long we may trade up to secure him earlier in the round. Very good against the run incredible strength and good at the point of attack. pass rush lack but a year or so under Fergie can help alot. Questions about motor but in this regiment i doubt that will be a problem long. I was super impressed with him chasing down that guy in the senior bowl game.

3rd rd: David Burton, FS/SS, ND 6-2 205- Good size very physical and can play the run very well. Non stop motor and very good tackler and very very hard worker. A special teams STAR and fits the mold of smart aggressive player and has tons of athletic ability.

4th rd: Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina 6-2 270- A big thumper to play inside. With Crowder probably gone and with the belief that we will bring in a MLB(Dansby, Scott etc etc) this is a solid pick. He is a tackling machine and is fast for his size can lower the boom. And def fits the get younger and bigger mold we are following. He will clog the middle and make plays form day one. I have him this late due to injury hurting his stock. Though he is healthy people will pass but since he is here in the 4th BP better jump on him.

Roster 2009 with this draft with no guys released cause it hasnt happened yet

QB: Pennington,, Henne
RB: Brown, Williams
FB: Polite
WR: Ginn, Camarillo, Bess, London
TE: Fasano, Martin
LT: Long, Frye
LG: Smiley,Ndukwe
C: Wood, Satele
RG: Thomas, Satele
RT: Carey/FA

Defense:
DE:Langford, Starks
NT: Ferguson, Brace
DE: Holliday, Merling
SLB: Wake, Roth
ILB: (FA)/Crowder
ILB: Brinkley
WLB: Porter, English
CB: Allen, Goodman
SS: Bell, Culver
FS: Hill, Burton

what do think? criticism is welcomed but no need for bashing

solid:up:

I think that you could switch the two second round picks (Brace with pick a and Wood with pick b). I'm not sure how I feel about English. He is a very good player, but with #25 I think that might be a bit early for him. Unless I missed something he was a second rounder a week ago and now Kiper and others have him going in the 20's. How are his skills in pass coverage? That is one part of his game that I have no clue about. I do think he will be a good pass rusher, but a first round player needs to more that just rush the passer, he has to be able to drop back into coverage as well.

im just saying where is Louis Delmas on the list

I would love him but he will demand a late 1st early 2nd and i am not up for spending our #25 on him and he will def be gone by 44. Bruton will be there in the 3rd he doesnt have the ball skills of delmas but is a very good player and works hard. He will be a very good addition.

I think that you could switch the two second round picks (Brace with pick a and Wood with pick b). I'm not sure how I feel about English. He is a very good player, but with #25 I think that might be a bit early for him. Unless I missed something he was a second rounder a week ago and now Kiper and others have him going in the 20's. How are his skills in pass coverage? That is one part of his game that I have no clue about. I do think he will be a good pass rusher, but a first round player needs to more that just rush the passer, he has to be able to drop back into coverage as well.

Well he had a great senior bowl week of practices. His coverage skills lack alittle because he was a hand in the ground DE in college. And he doesnt have the greatest lateral movement BUT never stops on a play till its over.

He has worked his way up into the first because he has shown great athleticism and a big upside. Plus he gives us 3 pass rushing options in Porter, Wake and English to rush and Roth who can stop the run very well. And his English's coverage doesnt concern me he is such a natural athlete and this coaching staff made Roth a much better coverage guy than he was and English is a much better athlete.

I have seen comparisons to Woodley.

Back
Top Bottom