Quick Three Round Mock

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
[video=youtube;RjxkQXlCAfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE[/video]

First of all, this guy's got the wow factor. He can do something special with the ball in his hands. He's an incredibly dynamic player. He was used as a receiver, running back and return man while at Tennessee. He has incredible vision with the ball in his hands and he has incredible wherewithal to make people miss.

Round 2a: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Not sure if he's going to last this long, but Okafor can be the player needed opposite of Wake. He's got a pretty good arsenal of pass-rush moves and he can get after the quarterback

Round 2b: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

Round 3a: Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State

Again, not sure if Brown will be here in the third round, but he's a dynamic player with a nose for the football. He'd be a good fit in Miami's defense.

Round 3b: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
The Aggie connection. Swope was one of Tannehill's favorite targets, and you better believe that will have something to do with his future. Swope could very much be in the running to be a receiver for the Dolphins.

I think getting Okafor, Poyer, and Brown (while awesome if it would happen) is a bit overly optimistic.

There were a few things on that video that stood out to me and make me say DRAFT THIS KID.

1. Obviously the speed. He has incredible breakaway speed. That is simply nothing something you can teach. It seems like this guy has an extra gear that when he hits it, he is gone.

2. The way that he catches the football. Not only does he catch the ball with his hands, but if you watch the film the way that he positions his body in coverage is perfect shutting the defenders out with that big frame.

3. Yards after the catch. Need I say more?

I dont care if he is not 100 polished as keenan allen is made out to be. The upside and potential is through the roof on this one. You want playmakers? This guy defines what a playmaker is. Do not miss out on this one Jeffy.

I don't personally believe that Arthur Brown will make it out of the 2nd round. I think the Ravens and Colts will be targeting him.

There were a few things on that video that stood out to me and make me say DRAFT THIS KID.

1. Obviously the speed. He has incredible breakaway speed. That is simply nothing something you can teach. It seems like this guy has an extra gear that when he hits it, he is gone.

2. The way that he catches the football. Not only does he catch the ball with his hands, but if you watch the film the way that he positions his body in coverage is perfect shutting the defenders out with that big frame.

3. Yards after the catch. Need I say more?

I dont care if he is not 100 polished as keenan allen is made out to be. The upside and potential is through the roof on this one. You want playmakers? This guy defines what a playmaker is. Do not miss out on this one Jeffy.

Look, I dont want to bad mouth a very talented guy, but lets be a little real here ok, based on this video, you saw YAC? yeah, yards after pitch out or yards on kick return, I didnt see much YAC.

The other thing I see is most of his big plays were against, Vanderbilt (who couldnt tackle), GSU, whoever they are (Georgia State?), Troy, Missou, ect.

There is an illusion being portrayed here on this guy and he has ted ginn like hype tied to him bigtime. Thats all I am saying. Dont sell me on something thats not really there. Just because people say the same thing and repeat doesnt mean it is so.

He is great in the open field. He sticks his foot in the turf and goes upfield quickly. He is very quick and sudden in his moves, not neccessarily fast.

If this kid shows me something in the WR pass drills at the combine I would feel better about him as a serious threat, but people are buying into the same thing in the past that bit us in the butt and any good scout would pick up on this as a matter of looking deep into the field and not just buying into one guy based on end arounds, playing RB, and returning kicks, albeit against lesser competition.

I just want people to be real and not sell me something I just dont see as complete facts.

Love the Okafor and Poyer picks. That would be an incredible first 2 rounds.

I thought Patterson made Alabama look silly. No problem with taking Patterson.

Need to know what will happen in FA for the rest of the draft. Will we have to draft TE and OL?

He did real well against all he faced even Florida. This kids has the fluid hips of a running back in a wr body. I want to take him if available then 2nd round work on bpa for needs.

Round 1: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
[video=youtube;RjxkQXlCAfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE[/video]

First of all, this guy's got the wow factor. He can do something special with the ball in his hands. He's an incredibly dynamic player. He was used as a receiver, running back and return man while at Tennessee. He has incredible vision with the ball in his hands and he has incredible wherewithal to make people miss.

Round 2a: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Not sure if he's going to last this long, but Okafor can be the player needed opposite of Wake. He's got a pretty good arsenal of pass-rush moves and he can get after the quarterback

Round 2b: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

Round 3a: Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State

Again, not sure if Brown will be here in the third round, but he's a dynamic player with a nose for the football. He'd be a good fit in Miami's defense.

Round 3b: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
The Aggie connection. Swope was one of Tannehill's favorite targets, and you better believe that will have something to do with his future. Swope could very much be in the running to be a receiver for the Dolphins.

No way the draft goes this great. That's a lot of players falling to have that happen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom