R&R Express | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

R&R Express

Fin Fan n Texas

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We have all grown to know and love these two running backs. But who is better statistically?:confused:

Lets find out!

Ronnie Brown: 05- 207 att, 907 yds, 4.4 avg, 4 TD
06- 241 att, 1008 yds, 4.2 avg, 5 TD
07- 119 att, 602 yds, 5.1 avg, 4 TD
08- 214 att, 916 yds, 4.3 avg, 10 TD
09- 147 att, 648 yds, 4.4 avg, 8 TD.

Over his career, Ronnie has lost 8 fumbles. His longest run was 65. It seems as if he just can't stay healthy. It is hard to say what his best statistical year is, but I will say 08. It seems as though he did really well in his Rookie year but and looked to have a bright future. But then of course the dreaded ACL tear in 07 where it looked as if he was going to be the leagues leading rusher!
What can I tell from these stats? He is an extremely SOLID back worth slightly less than elite money. His value to the Fins is more than any other team as he is the Wildcat QB and is one of the only playmakers on this team.

( I will just use his stats with the Dolphins )

Ricky Williams: 02- 383 att, 1,853 yds, 4.8 avg, 16 TD
03- 293 att, 1,372 yds, 3.5 avg, 9 TD

05 168 att, 743 yds, 4.4 avg, 6 TD

08- 160 att, 659 yds, 4.1 avg, 4 TD
09- 241 att, 1121 yds, 4.7 avg, 11 TD

Now... What do I take from these stats? It seems as that when this guy is on the field, he is a flat out beast. Keep in mind though that over his career he has lost 39 fumbles, so although he is a more explosive back than Ronnie, he can also make horrible mistakes. In 02 he had a monster year, but then regressed in 03 and retired in 04. He couldn't handle the load the Wanny was giving him.Although, the positive testing for drugs to me really slowed down the wear and tear on his body and helped him recover. Perhaps had he have not tested positive for drugs and ultimately retired, he wouldn't be here today?
He is a home run back, a guy that scares opposing defenses. In 09 he IMO had his 2nd best year as a Fin. I do not believe that he will retire after this year, and I also believe he has a lot more in the tank!

If you have read all of this then props to you! :bowdown:

I believe this backfield is on of the best in the League and combined with our beast O-line, we wil have one of if not the best Running game in the league..

Here is hoping to a terrific offseason and a Super Bowl in 2010 ! ( A guy can hope)!!:thanks:

ha ha I though you were going to talk about the finheaven member r&r express. that would have been much more fun.

A career retrospective is always interesting; however it's now apparent that Ricky needs to be part of a backfield entourage at this point in his career or he will begin running out of steam earlier and earlier.

A career retrospective is always interesting; however it's now apparent that Ricky needs to be part of a backfield entourage at this point in his career or he will begin running out of steam earlier and earlier.

Probably true neither he or Brown seem to be able to carry a team on thier legs although I admit Ricky did a pretty damn good job last year

R&R Express was the name of my fathers(RIP :( ) boat back in the days. Everytime I see one of his posts I think of my old boat lol.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom