R.Williams Performance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

R.Williams Performance

RW342000

Dreadless Demon
Reaction score
I've been reading that the Jets fans think Ricky will be wasted at 29,30 but a part of me agreed with that until i realized no more Turner. Norv ran a running scheme that would be 1st down - Run ricky, 2nd down - Run ricky and 3rd down - Run ricky and yes if that continued Ricky would be done by his early 30's but i think with Turner gone Ricky will be much improved. Plus Ricky had hard earned yrds with a horrible offensive line. I think with a new offensive line Ricky will get like 20-25 carries a game depending on the passing game and he will last a lot longer.

Ricky ran that much because of our limited passing game. I think a lot of that stems from Fiedler, and I'll be very interested to see if we can open up the running game should we get Boston.

One thign I saw last year, was how important it has become to run from wide sets. We need that kind of mentality with our offense.

Geez!

Another shot at Norv Turner.

Norv Turner is the best thing to ever happen to Ricky Williams. The Dolphins ran no more on 1st down than the Carolina Panthers did. Give Norv a competent quarterback that he can build a vertical passing game around, and you will see him call a bit more pass plays. However, Norv was severely limited in his ability to call plays in Miami due to the lack of talent he had on offense.

Norv Turner is the best offensive coordinator in the NFL.

I share that opinion. Norv is a terrific co-ordinator, if not the best, then top 5. He got held back by a poor QB.

Welcome to the board Mrs. Turner
:)

lol, just joking with you, i think norv is good.. not sure id rate him the best though.

Ricky used properly is a top 3 running back add a great offensive line he becomes the best speed and power and heart:cool: :eat:

i actually thoguht he passed alot on 1st and 2nd down this year,which wouldnt work so theyed have to pass again

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Geez!

Another shot at Norv Turner.

Norv Turner is the best thing to ever happen to Ricky Williams. The Dolphins ran no more on 1st down than the Carolina Panthers did. Give Norv a competent quarterback that he can build a vertical passing game around, and you will see him call a bit more pass plays. However, Norv was severely limited in his ability to call plays in Miami due to the lack of talent he had on offense.

Norv Turner is the best offensive coordinator in the NFL.

I strongly disagree. I think he made some very poor decisions during the last two seasons. You have to call plays that will work regardless of your personnel. I think he has a big head and believes he is the best in the NFL but is far from it. After the cowboy days , he has went downhill. The redskins $ucked, our offense was very one dimensional and predictable , and now he is going to Oakland and I'm sure he'll $uck there too. Bye Bye Norv

Yeah.

In 1999, when the St. Louis Rams won the Superbowl with the "Greatest Show on Turf", who had the #1 rated offense in the NFL?

That's right. Norv Turner's Washington Redskins, with an offense that had a 4,000 yard passer, two 1,000 yard receivers, and a 1,400 yard rusher.

Guys, it doesn't matter now. Turner is gone. Good or bad he's gone so lets move on.

Ozzy rules!!

Ricky will get more rest under Colliers, no doubt. He's said that's one of the changes he wanted to make. Less pounding on Ricky.

More on Minor and Morris. And hopefully none for Konrad.

The problem with Turner is that he seemed to only have a few bad calls, but they seem to always be at the more critical juntures in a game. His scheme works, no doubt, but he did not have the players all the time.

Back
Top Bottom