Ramses Barden

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bawein2001, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bawein2001

bawein2001 Rookie

I think he is a UFA....would be a great addition, young, big target and possible #1 .

thoughts?

2. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

If I have to Google him, he isn't the solution to the number 1 receiver.

3. phinfanNY08

phinfanNY08 Starter

He shouldn't be the teams first choice but could potentially help. I don't personally see him as a #1, I prefer Bowe and Wallace, Bowe because of size and Wallace because of his abililty to seperate from coverage. Both would be great, but I think only one would potentially get here

4. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If you have to google him?... Lol.

5. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Remember when everybody on this board wanted us to draft this guy so badly? He didn't do anything at all in NY. No thanks!

6. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

hell no!! I wanted ireland to pick kris durham up from detroit lions, he didn't so he fails. google him he is the white "megatron", dude is 6'6 with a 4.4 speed. think of a bigger and faster brian hartline. I watched this guy in georgia and saw him during the pre-season and i said "jeff, sign this guy" and he said we have enough wrs." I said "yeah right'
    GMs should listen to fans.....lol

7. taylormvp99

taylormvp99 Starter

Yeah, let's get more #3-4 receivers.

8. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

Do you have reasons to believe that he'll make a number 1? Or are you throwing names against the wall?

9. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

... what? Is this English?

10. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

First Kinky Inky now this gem you are in fire today!

11. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Living in Jersey and having many friends and relatives who are Giants fans, I see them play a lot. This guy is made of glass, for one thing. And two, he isn't that good on the rare occasion he actually gets on the field. So no, he's not what we're looking for.

12. BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI BIG_FISH_RI

Not many raw WR would do much in NY with Vic Cruz and Hac Nicks!!!! When he got his shot to play - due to injuries - he did well. I dont know about him as your #1 WR but he is a good raw player to develope. Sad thing is we have had too many young players to develop and we never get them on the field so NO THANKS!!!

13. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

WOW, lets sign a player who hasn't scored 1 single touch down in 4 seasons
    Don't we have enough wide receivers who cannot find the end zone if their lives depended upon it ?

Might as well bring back LEGA DO-DO

14. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

No thanks. One good game for the Giants in September and then nowhere to be seen the rest of the season.

15. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

He would go great with the CB we have that has 5 INT's in 4 seasons. Wonder how they would match up in practice.

16. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

Sean Smith would knock a easy interception straight up in the air, it would land right in Barden's hands, at the 2 yard line Barden would trip over his own feet and fumble the ball out the back of the endzone.

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if miamis smart they'll pass...

18. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Cruz was considered a raw prospect too and Barden has been in the league longer than him. No thanks to a guy who is "still developing" after being in the league for 4 years.

19. ChrisJNelson

ChrisJNelson Phins-Spotlight.com

I personally believe the Dolphins were targeting Ramses Barden when they took Patrick Turner. (Barden went two picks earlier to the Giants.) He hasn't done a whole lot in New York but we have seen flashes of what he's capable of. He could be a fairly inexpensive competition option. I'd love to bring in someone like that in addition to Jennings and a draft pick. (Still re-signing Hartline.)

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

that kids another bg body that can't separate...he's got slightly more going for him than patrick turner did who's god awful but this kids only value is catching like a quick slant pretty much against soft coverage and outside db leverage...

if miamis smart they don't waste money on this kind of guy...we've seen plenty of em add up to nothing...he won't be any different

21. ChrisJNelson

We saw what he could do against Carolina in September. I wouldn't sign Barden with the intention of handing him a starting job, but if he comes cheap to compete, I'm all for it.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

what i see is a waste of time and money...if irelands bring this guy in get ready for another free agent blunder...how does ramses barden provide rac??? come on guys...we need to do better...

23. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

24. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

This^^

Just a horrible idea.

25. ChrisJNelson

I don't see why people are calling what would be a cheap/competition signing a "horrible idea." Last time I checked the Dolphins had 47 players under contract and a 90-man roster to take to camp.

26. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I remember when this board was all about R. Barden.

27. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Because he isn't competition, he's just another body.

28. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

Makes no different who's the Wr is, if he is not featured in the offense then what's the point.?

29. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

There is a reason why he's seen little playing time with the Giants. He has the height. He has the speed. But he lacks the skills.

30. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

He doesn't even have the speed. He runs like a 4.68

31. hoops

hoops exited stage left

his upside is that of a #3 wr...and that's being kind...his production pretty much relies on coverage...as in if you are giving him something...he's not a win wr in the slightest...doesn't do anything on his own to get off coverage...

sound familiar??? it's pretty much the existing miami dolphins wr core...you want to upgrade or screw around with more marginal nfl talents??? go ahead...but like usual don't say i didn't warn ya

32. ChrisJNelson

Last year we took to camp at wide receiver:
    -B.J. Cunningham
    -Jeff Fuller
    -Clyde Gates
    -Chris Hogan
    -Rishard Matthews
    -Marlon Moore
    -Legedu Naanee
    -Julius Pruitt
    -Roberto Wallace

How can sit there and say signing Barden cheap isn't even worth considering? It's a 90-man roster and Barden has upside. Thank god we don't have the downers on this forum running the team or we'd go to camp with 45 guys because we'd be trying to squeeze every top flight free agent under our cap.

33. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

And? We have the worst WR corp in the NFL. Showing the trash we brought in last year doesn't mean we have to bring in more trash to "compete"

34. ChrisJNelson

Barden has more upside than any guy on that list. I'm pretty sure that it has happened before that a guy has surprised in camp and had his NFL career "click" at a later point. I'm not saying Barden will be Brandon Marshall or that he'd even make the team, but to be 100% against bringing him in is illogical.

35. hoops

hoops exited stage left

if we had this "downer" running things we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place...i promise you that much...

it's funny you mention roberto wallace cause that's pretty much exactly what ramses barden is in the pros...a guy going nowhere and probably gonna be out of the league like wallace shortly

36. ChrisJNelson

Not really defending Wallace, but it's very difficult for a guy in his position to keep his career going when he's no longer eligible for the practice squad. Tough rule.

37. Phinatic8u

I'd say Matthews has way more upside in the NFL than Barden.

38. hoops

hoops exited stage left

by the way rishard matthews has got a whole lot more going for him than ramses barden pro upside and talent wise...and it's not close...

39. ChrisJNelson

Do let me know when Rishard Matthews has a game like Barden's game vs Carolina. It could be a while, especially if Matthews doesn't play/can't get on the field in 2013, like I suspect.

40. hoops

hoops exited stage left

it's the pros...young kids are coming in every year and talented ones at that...the rule is fair...you can only sit on crap so long...and we sat on wallace plenty...he showed this camp that he couldn't get off coverage and separate...all his production was against zone and soft looks...

he should have been cut...watching that preseason wr tape was like a root canal...no one could get off coverage...of the pups they kept the one that they should have...

41. hoops

hoops exited stage left

you let me know when barden runs down the seam against press man and gets the upper hand and makes a touch catch in traffic...cause matthews did that multiple times and showed real toughness to hang onto the ball despite taking huge licks...

and stop with the carolina game stuff...most of that was coverage dictated production...you gotta learn the difference

42. ChrisJNelson

Oh I agree, Wallace was horrible and earned his cut. His only value is on special teams. I was just making the point that he wouldn't have been "out of the league" this year if he wasn't ineligible for the practice squad due to games played.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

The Dolphins only had one game all year that really came close to that, and it was Hartline against Arizona.

People are way too high on Matthews just like they were too high on Moore and Wallace a few years ago. And Chris Williams. And then Chris Hogan. If the Dolphins do their job in the offseason, Matthews is a fifth receiver or off the team entirely.

43. hoops

hoops exited stage left

ok so you would have wanted to waste a practice squad spot on a guy that couldn't help you down the road on the 53 at wr over possible specials contributions down the line???yeah no thanks...i'll keep someone else with possible position play upside over any of that

44. ChrisJNelson

Oh. My. God. No. Can you stop reading into everything I'm saying? It's a simple NFL commentary. Just saying, it's hard for guys to continue NFL careers when they are PS ineligible. Happened to Wallace, Ed Miles, Courtney Bryan, etc. Not making any comments about Wallace's ability. Jesus christ.

45. hoops

hoops exited stage left

mathews is the only wr with any real upside on the roster...he's got more upside than hartline and bess for dang sure...you're killng me...ramses barden lmao

46. ChrisJNelson

Based on what? A few catches? He was a seventh-round pick that saw late season action. Where the hell do you get all this upside from? Care to make a friendly wager on his 2013 production?

47. hoops

hoops exited stage left

do you get the part that none of those scrubs you mentioned deserve to have any more "nfl careers"...they're waste of time...p squad 53 man whatever...

48. ChrisJNelson

It's like talking to a wall.

49. Phinatic8u

Jeez.

Carolina has horrid secondary players, also has Eli Manning throwing him the ball and far more weapons on that offense to give the defense fits.

50. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

I like Rishard Matthews. He's a tough kid who caught everything even when hit hard. Considering he was rookie, I see promise there. The history of the league tells us that tons of receivers struggle as rooks and then emerge. I am not guaranteeing that with Mathews but I'd say he will at least be in the receiver rotation. Having a deep receiver corps has been crucial to Green Bay's success, and I'd expect Matthews to be part of Miami's rotation.