Randall Cobb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randall Cobb

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
I think he'd probably be even better than Landry since he's more versatile. Of course you can't target him 160 times and 100 behind the LOS but he's more well rounded. He's most likely getting cut and woildn't factor against the comp pick formula.

I tell you If Robison gets tagged that FA WR market is looking thinner and thinner to me...of course some players will get released to add to the group. I think if Landry walks it’s filled with a draft pick.

NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate

·
1h

#Jaguars are 'likely' to use the franchise tag on WR Allen Robinson if they can't get a long term deal done, per @ryanohalloran.

cobb is very explosive but I'm not taking him over landry. landry is a better more consistent player imo

Cobb is a shell of what he once was, no thank you.

If I want a guy to throw 100 passes to at or behind the line of scrimmage, Jakeem Grant can probably do that for me and he's a lot more explosive if he actually gets a chance to take it upfield.

Added benefit: we already have him under contract.

Added benefit: he's dirt cheap.

Added benefit: he has two years in the offense already.

The Jaguars could release Allen Hurns this offseason.
Hurns hasn't come close to living up to the five-year, $41 million deal he signed in 2016. He's missed 11 games the last two seasons and isn’t needed behind Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole. Releasing Hurns would clear $7 million in cap space.
Source: Florida Times Union
Jan 24 - 6:05 PM

The Florida Times Union doesn’t expect Jacksonville to re-sign free agent Marqise Lee.
The Jaguars are expected to prioritize re-signing Allen Robinson over Lee. Despite coming off another solid year, Lee struggles in the red-zone (eight career touchdowns) and has a history of soft-tissue injuries. Jacksonville should let Lee walk this offseason.
Source: Florida Times Union
Jan 24 - 6:11 PM

I think both Hurns and Lee could be interesting alternatives to Landry.

Medical will be the big issue with both of them. Based on their careers to date, you expect that they might be guys who miss time.

If I want a guy to throw 100 passes to at or behind the line of scrimmage, Jakeem Grant can probably do that for me and he's a lot more explosive if he actually gets a chance to take it upfield.

Hahaha thinking Grant could replace Landry that's a good one

You and I seem to be the only two people in the world that believe Grant would be perfect for this position.

You and I seem to be the only two people in the world that believe Grant would be perfect for this position.
Count me as the third person. I think Grant would excel in that role. He could probably get about half of the catches as Landry does with the same amount of yards and around the same tds or more. After seeing Drake get almost no touches until he was forced into the lineup then he exploded, and the same with Ajayi last year I'm convinced we have at least several players who never get any playing time that are actually good players and could and should contribute. We saw a glimpse of it at the end of last year too when Grant was making plays. Tankersley was actually very good for a rookie and he would have never seen the field if not for other injuries. I have no faith in this coaching staffs ability to evaluate talent and put the right players on the field.

People seem to forget that we still have quite a bit of talent at WR without Landry. I would be ok rolling with Stills, Parker, Grant, Carroo, and a draft pick. Throw the saved money for Landry at a tight end and running back. Much more balanced offense, Grant is far too dangerous not to utilize him more and the guy has a really strong lower body so Landrys role would be good for him.

Back
Top Bottom