Randall Cobb | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randall Cobb

I think he'd probably be even better than Landry since he's more versatile. Of course you can't target him 160 times and 100 behind the LOS but he's more well rounded. He's most likely getting cut and woildn't factor against the comp pick formula.
And you would be wrong. Cobb is not what he was 3 years ago. He was very good in 2014 but the quality of his play has gone backwards - he's also had some injuries and he happens to have had a guy named Aaron Rodgers throwing to him. I think that Landry is a significantly better player than Cobb, based on their performance in recent years. Better numbers, younger and physically superior.

Numbers..
- Cobb: (over 6 years)
Receptions: 432
Receiving yards: 5,141
Rushing yards: 352
Rushing average: 6.0
Return yards: 2,701
Total touchdowns: 42

- Landry: (over 4 years)
Receptions: 400
Receiving yards: 4,038
Yards per reception: 10.1
Receiving touchdowns: 22

Last edited:
Can’t force Grant 160 targets, but he’s more than capable to excel in a slot role.

He’s deadly quick and fast, that’s a great combo to have in the slot and in general.

I just don't understand this mentality that we are going to fall apart without Landry. This is such an emotional mind set IMO bc the business and "X and O" facts just don't add up to justify this.

He isn't worth over 10 mil per and his production can be replaced without too much difficulty. Some of you seem to think he's Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice or Terrell Owens type of generational player. He isn't THAT good.

Can’t force Grant 160 targets, but he’s more than capable to excel in a slot role.

He’s deadly quick and fast, that’s a great combo to have in the slot and in general.

Why don't we see if Grant can handle 60 passes first before we even consider giving him 160

I like grant but his hands in traffic aren't even in the same universe as Landry's, something required if you'd like to excel in the slot regularly.

Why would Tennessee cut just about their only reliable and consistent receiver?

Well they shouldn't but I could see them considering it. They would save his entire $5M salary, not that they need it with about $50M in cap space. Corey Davis came on towards the end of the season and could really turn into something special.

I could also see them going after Jarvis Landry and giving Mariota a very dynamic set of pass catchers to go along with the bruising Derrick Henry and a top 5 OL......however Conklin tore his ACL against NE. If they can swap Demarco Murray for a more explosive back they will have the makings a stellar offense.

I like Mariota but I'll take a pocket passer like Ryan Tannehill all day long over him.

You and I seem to be the only two people in the world that believe Grant would be perfect for this position.

I don't know if he would be perfect, because his hands are very suspect. Here is what I do know:

1. Grant can catch screens and flares just fine, and we use Landry on those a lot. He's also MUCH more dangerous with the ball in his hands, based on what I saw in limited action.

2. Grant had a serious problem fielding punts as a rookie. Remember when his handling of punts was so bad that many people felt like he could get cut? Yeah. He dedicated his off-season to getting better at that, and he's now a guy I have 100% confidence in when he goes back to catch a punt.

So yeah, I'd be curious to see what Grant can do. If that guy applies the same level of determination to improving his pass-catching skills that he did to improving his punt-fielding skills, he could make serious strides forward as a player in a short amount of time.

Targeting Grant 160 times is not what we need. That's been done with Landry and it hasn't worked. I totally believe that you can run plays for Grant on that position that would give us big plays way more than Landry has. If Landry leaves, that'll be the last of running our offense thru a slot WR. The best way to use Grant is to not use him so much so that when we do go to him the defense is not always expecting it. Use him enough so the defense knows it might be coming but you run the offense thru everyone else. You spread the ball to Stills, Parker, Drake and a new TE(hoping we draft one)and Grant as well. The offense will produce more that way. It'd be stupid to let Landry go and then target your new slot 160 times

Ozzy rules!!

Grant would start falling apart after being tackled ~40/50 times.

I think Rodger's injury and the Packers' offense have had more to do with Cobb's dip in production. Cobb missed 6 games in 2016. The Packers' o line was disastrous in 2015.

Hurns would be interesting.

They get away with something similar in KC, why not here with Grant?
I just can't believe some of us still talk about Mr. Sundial, Rishard Matthews. Did he show up for the playoff game? No. He is jag, not even a very good one at that.

Can't get this image out of my head every time I see this thread.

tumblr_mpuklxmWtk1qbi7dho1_500.jpg

A-Rob is the only acceptable consolation prize for losing Landry. Otherwise, I am done with the Dolphins until a drastic change occurs in the FO. I won't bandwagon another team, but I'll force my love away from this one.

I'm tired of this crap.

Back
Top Bottom