Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random NFL Facts people might not know Thread

Random NFL fact #5: -Miami's "braintrusts" blew it again when they passed on Mark Ingram, and drafted a center with snapping issues-

Random NFL fact #6: -They made up for that blunder by passing on Ryan Mallett, and letting him fall into the hands of a division rival-

Random NFL fact #7: -The brilliance of the Dolphins front office reached it's climax when they failed to upgrade the TE position either in the draft, or via free agency-

Random NFL fact #8: -Almost $300 million dollars, several draft picks, and virtually every ex-Dallas Cowboy offensive lineman that's ever played later, they still don't have an offensive line-

Random NFL fact #9: -It's all culminated with the "cornerstone" offensive lineman they chose to rebuild the franchise around now having a bum knee and an injured shoulder that is potentially career threatening all while trying to protect the worthless scrub quarterbacks they put behind him-

Random NFL fact #10: -The Miami Dolphins owner has to live with a head coach he doesn't want, the head coach has to live with a quarterback he doesn't want, and the fanbase has to live with all of it-

Random NFL fact #11: -The Bills are one more draft, and a franchise quarterback away from putting Miami at the bottom of the AFC East cellar for another decade+ while the Dolphins continue their search for a clue-

even worst about Pouncey is he was projected as G because he sucked so bad at snapping.

Mallet's mom is obviously a prostitute.

Dolphins fixed the TE position with the addition of John Nalbone....oh never mind.

Another 300 million bucks and couple more Cowboy rejects and the O-line will be complete.

Sucks that Jake Long has had to protect the same piece of trash in college and now in the pros.

I thought J-Lo approved of Henne and Sparano? Wait which Dolphins owner are you talking about?

So true about Buffalo, Miami is closer to 4th in the East than they are 2nd....by a lot.

Not_Sure_if_Seriousn1292338719834-1.jpg

Where do you get that from:

Sorry if I left the topic too -- but every time I read this homophobic BS it makes me cringe. Every single one should be a TOS violation. And like I said -- what if you fools found out your favorite player was gay?

Anyways, did you guys know that Mark Sanchez threw 18 passes last year that were dropped INTs? You could swap the players and they would have similar careers.

Get off Mark Sanchez nuts dude. You just HATE the Dolphins.

Stop throwing picks? Sanchez is lucky that he didn't have the EIGHTEEN freaking picks DROPPED last year. EIGHTEEN.

He is the same QB as Henne, period. No better, no worse.

That's a bit outlandish. Why do you think he's pissed off all the time? It means he's passionate about this team and doesn't like the state we're in.

Random NFL fact #5: -Miami's "braintrusts" blew it again when they passed on Mark Ingram, and drafted a center with snapping issues-

Random NFL fact #6: -They made up for that blunder by passing on Ryan Mallett, and letting him fall into the hands of a division rival-

Random NFL fact #7: -The brilliance of the Dolphins front office reached it's climax when they failed to upgrade the TE position either in the draft, or via free agency-

Random NFL fact #8: -Almost $300 million dollars, several draft picks, and virtually every ex-Dallas Cowboy offensive lineman that's ever played later, they still don't have an offensive line-

Random NFL fact #9: -It's all culminated with the "cornerstone" offensive lineman they chose to rebuild the franchise around now having a bum knee and an injured shoulder that is potentially career threatening all while trying to protect the worthless scrub quarterbacks they put behind him-

Random NFL fact #10: -The Miami Dolphins owner has to live with a head coach he doesn't want, the head coach has to live with a quarterback he doesn't want, and the fanbase has to live with all of it-

Random NFL fact #11: -The Bills are one more draft, and a franchise quarterback away from putting Miami at the bottom off the AFC East cellar for another decade+ while the Dolphins continue their search for a clue-

Youre really reaching with #5,6,9.....snapping issues?! The guy was a center for 1 yr in college. Snapping is coachable and non-issue.

Mallett will never be a starter in the NFL. New England is just going to fluff him this preseason so some idiot team will trade for him next yr.

Are you the teams doc or Long's brother? Long's injuries are not as serious as you make them to be. You cant always rely on media crap.

Youre really reaching with #5,6,9.....snapping issues?! The guy was a center for 1 yr in college. Snapping is coachable and non-issue.

Mallett will never be a starter in the NFL. New England is just going to fluff him this preseason so some idiot team will trade for him next yr.

Are you the teams doc or Long's brother? Long's injuries are not as serious as you make them to be. You cant always rely on media crap.

I'm not relying on media crap... I watched Jake Long try to play with that shoulder last year... it was ugly. It's not guaranteed to just go away... ask Tony Boselli if it can be serious.

Mallett will be a starter in this league. He would start for Miami now.

Pouncey was a center for one year in college because he's not a natural center.... he's a natural guard. We established this all throughout the college football season last year... I didn't just learn who Mike Pouncey is. I have more game tape on Mike Pouncey than you've ever seen in your life.

Whiff. Pathetic.
I could be incorrect, but didn't Nick Saban have a press conference saying he wasn't looking to coach in college and that he was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Then two weeks later he accepted Alabama's job. What would you call that?

It's amazing how intense this thread has gotten. Dolphins fans are very knowledgeable about their football, and will fight tooth and nail to prove a point. I applaud you all. :up: (Random fact)

if it weren't for Cam Cameron, Nick Saban would be regarded as the worst coach in Dolphins history

I'll address this post seeing as the 4th grade lingo by the kids ruined the previous discussion...

Saban is not a quitter. In fact, he was intelligent to see what was down the road. Smart enough to realize he got suckered into following the money to take over a complete joke of an NFL franchise. Parcells quit. Jimmy quit.

Saban wanted to go back to doing what makes him happy, which is coaching college football in the SEC. He wouldn't have left in the first place had Wayne not let him out of his contract. He had already told Wayne he would stay and honor his contract... Wayne let him go. Deal with it.

Saban is also a man of high integrity, and he instills it into these young men he's coaching. That's why he's churning out the hardest working, highest character, most intelligent, and best pro prospects year after year from the University of Alabama. The people that spew the most venom towards Saban, are the one's that were his biggest supporters while he was head coach of the Dolphins. They think they know what he's about, how he thinks, and what he's made of.... and he just made 'em look like idiots for standing up for him and fighting his critics tooth and nail. THAT'S why they're still so upset... and none of 'em know a nickel's worth of what they think they know.

Saban and his wife have also donated over $2 million dollars to the tornado victims in the state of Alabama, and he IS the face of the rebuilding effort that has taken place.

Everyone doesn't have to like him, and nobody expects poor Dolphin fans to like him. However, judging him or his character is far out of the realm of possibility for a bunch of jaded professional sports fans that know absolutely nothing, except for what some south Florida hack journalists tell them about their football team, or anything else.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! yeah, except for the lying and quitting part

I could be incorrect, but didn't Nick Saban have a press conference saying he wasn't looking to coach in college and that he was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Then two weeks later he accepted Alabama's job. What would you call that?

He had a press conference like he always did. Just like every head coach in the league is required to do. The media wouldn't ask him any questions about the Miami Dolphins, the team he was coaching. Not a single question regarding the Dolphins.

All they kept asking him was if he had talked to Alabama about being their head coach. He told them repeatedly that he hadn't talked to Alabama about being the head coach, which he hadn't.

They kept asking and kept asking, which finally resulted in him blowing his top and saying "You want me to say I'm not going to be the Alabama coach? I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. There, I said it. Now do you want to talk about the Miami Dolphins or not"? The essentially what he said...

He never said he wasn't looking. He said he hadn't talked to Alabama about being the head coach. Why would he?

Alabama already had a head coach (Mike Shula) and offered the job to Rich Rodriguez because they thought Saban wasn't coming. How the hell did Saban know he was going to be the Alabama coach when he didn't even know that Wayne Huizenga was going to let him out of his contract? It doesn't add up...

I know for a fact that Saban hadn't accepted the Alabama job even up to the point when Dr. Witt's plane left Tuscaloosa headed for south Florida with Mal Moore on it to OFFER Saban the job.

Nick Saban WANTED to be Alabama's coach, but he didn't know he was going to be until Mal Moore landed in Miami and offered him the job.

In fact, Dr. Witt's exact words to Mal Moore before he took off were, "If you don't come back with Nick Saban on that plane, you might as well tell that pilot to just keep flying until you get to Cuba"....

I'm not relying on media crap... I watched Jake Long try to play with that shoulder last year... it was ugly. It's not guaranteed to just go away... ask Tony Boselli if it can be serious.

Mallett will be a starter in this league. He would start for Miami now.

Pouncey was a center for one year in college because he's not a natural center.... he's a natural guard. We established this all throughout the college football season last year... I didn't just learn who Mike Pouncey is. I have more game tape on Mike Pouncey than you've ever seen in your life.

You cant compare Boselli's shoulders to Long's. First, boselli had issues with both shldrs. Next, besides labral tears, he had joint capsule laxity. The looseness was worst posteriorly so giving the pop you need for a lineman was impossible. Also, he had pretty severe arthritis and had multiple surgeries.

Who cares how much tape youve seen of Pouncey. He might end up being our next Dwight Stephenson. Im sure if the coaches dont like what they see they'll move him to his "more natural position" and sign O'Hara.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! yeah, except for the lying and quitting part

Again, you're a prime example of a brainwashed Dolphin fan that never even bothered to look at the facts, decipher the facts, or piece any of it together. If some south Florida hack sportswriter said it, it's all you know.

Saban was the worst coach in Dolphins history, he did Miami a favor. Hell you should just be glad he's gone, doesn't matter how.

Again, you're a prime example of a brainwashed Dolphin fan that never even bothered to look at the facts, decipher the facts, or piece any of it together. If some south Florida hack sportswriter said it, it's all you know.

Saban was the worst coach in Dolphins history, he did Miami a favor. Hell you should just be glad he's gone, doesn't matter how.

says the guy defending Nick Saban with the Alabama sig

Back
Top Bottom