Random thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random thoughts

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
So from last nights game, I've heard it all
-Penny sucks
He played, imo, one of his best games of his career. Too bad Fasano couldnt catch the perfectly thrown ball to Fasano in the endzone. He was throwin deep, intermediate, and short passes to perfection. He had great pocket awareness against one of the fastest Dlines in football.
-Ginn cant catch
He caught the 3rd most passes in a single game for a Dolphin with 11. He ran some nice routes and thats encouraging. The pass in the endzone that he supposedly short-armed was a hard one to make. It was obvious to tell he was trying to not go out of the endzone. The throw at the end of the game, I have no excuse for him. He said it too, it should have been caught. But all in all, in his third season, in a big game like that, he performed well. He was our go-to-guy we desperately needed. Hey, just look at Brady Quinn in Cleveland, he looks horrendous.
-Brian Hartline extended playing time
He made some big catches and looked good running routes. Cant ask for more from a rookie WR.
-Oline
They looked AMAZING!!!! This is what I expected and wow was it a sight to see. I have not seen that much push, that much domination for an Oline in all the years I've watched football. In pass protection, for the most part, they were awesome. How scared were we all after the Atlanta game.. It can all go to rest! This Oline is "gelling".
-Gibril Wilson is terrible
No doubt about it, I wouldnt mind benching him. Let him be the example to the rest of the defense.
-Channing Crowder and Yeremiah Bell
They both have terrible man coverage skills, especially Crowder. He's too stiff in the hips to be covering elite TEs. Antonio Gates is loving this weeks matchup.
-Cornerbacks
For the most part, they played really well. Sean Smith is playing really good football. He was covering arguably the best WR in football. (Since 2004, he has the most receiving yards) He held Wayne to 37 yards.
-Anthony Fasano
He, to me is the big mystery. After last season, I expected him to have a huge season. Through two games, he has looked terrible! He should have caught that pass from Pennington, landed right in his hands!! That play alone was the difference, much easier catch than the pass to Ginn! GRRRR

One question...Why were we playing almost the entire game the SAME defense... it was cover 2, man underneath... How the hell is Crowder supposed to cover Clark?!!!

I agree with your analysis ... Ginn and Fasano should have caught those passes ... Ginns' drop at the end of the game was terrible ... as for Penny up until the last drive he was amazing, he poorly managed the last 3 minutes of the game ... the coaching staff and Penny lost about 30-40 seconds on the clock, due to somes sort of mis-communication ... as for the O-line, well lets just say, they were dominate... but that was expected against a porous run defense like the Colts!!! lets hope for continued improvement .. especially on the inability to tackle....

Back
Top Bottom