Randy McMichael in college | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael in college

PhinFan54

Baller
Reaction score
Did anyone know anything about Randy McMichael when he was in college? Did he stand out at Georgia.. i was wondering why he got drafted in the 4th round. Right now he seems a lot better of a player than one to go in the 4th round so was he just not that good in college?

but i bet hes alot faster than 4.85 probably about 4.6 or even lower

He single-handedly beat Tennessee(?) his senior year. When we drafted him, our buddy Canephins said that this guy would start and have a major impact immediately. That he was a Shannon Sharpe-type player. He was very enthusiastic and emphatic about this on draft night.

He was right. :)

Juice_56 said:
but i bet hes alot faster than 4.85 probably about 4.6 or even lower

Not saying he's a 4.85. Just letting you know what he ran at the combine. His lowest number was actually 4.90.His workout was a big part of why he was drafted so low.

Randy runs a 4.8, he can't break big runs and outrun defenders. After he catches the ball on the run he doesn't show enough explosiveness.

He came out as a redshirt junior didn't he?

Randy has great athleticism but lacks explosion and deep speed, when do you ever see him beating safeties deep? Never, but damn he is a good'un.

Randy McMichael was all-SEC but I heard that was because there were no good TEs around when he played. I heard he wasn't that great in college but I don't know for sure.

He didn't run fast at the combine, but he did run the 40 again after (probably at his pro day) and did a lot better.

Early in his college career, they had him pegged as a potential first round pick. But then after not living up to expectations on the field, combinded with low combine score his stock dropped. Looks like they had him right the first time. Good for us though, cause he wouldn't be on this team if he didn't have those down years in college. Bear in mind Georgia is a running program so he wasn't utilized completely

once he gets the ball hes very hard to bring down he will run over you or jump over you either way i wouldnt want to tackle him!! has great hands too :)

Back
Top Bottom