Randy McMichael is a BIG key this year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael is a BIG key this year...

PhinZilla

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since we now know the running game and as of friday, the passing game, won't be near as potent as we initially thought, I present an honest opinion of who I think should be a center piece of our offense this year: Randy McMichael.

Minor and Co. will feel their way through the first few games while Chambers will most likely be double- and triple-teamed the whole game, so this leaves Randy to be an important, if not THE MOST IMPORTANT cog in our offense. He should be open or have single coverage in the middle and in the flats, and also if he improves on his blocking, he also can help immensely in the running game.

I think for us to have any kind of respectable offense this season, Randy must step it up....as if that wasn't already known! Getting Konrad more touches would also be nice...

Thoughts anyone???

I was thinking about that a few days ago that were gonna need someone to step up this season since Chambers will be focused on by every defense they face. So I believe theres no one better to step up then Randy McMichael.

They should use him more. As they should Konrad and Lee. Is Tolver improving at all since last year????

My personal opinion of RM is not a favorable one. He talks, dances, and whines too much. On top of that, he can't hold onto the football. If he doesn't improve this year in all of those areas, it's time to let someone else play TE....

PHINZ RULE!!!

We're gonna need all 11 guys on offense to step up this year

Our Line has to step up, cause no matter if RW and DB were still here, the offense would stall with out better o-line play.

If our o-line plays well then we'll be in great shape, because it will buy the qb more time and give the wr more time to get open.

next.. The qb play needs to step up and decrease the turnovers, and make plays downfield. If JF or AJ can hit the open reciever downfield, on a consistant basis, then that will alleviate the pressure on the o-line and RBs.

Next up.. The TE's and wr both McMicheal and Lee, need to elevate their game and make plays downfield, be consitant in both blocking and catching to take a few LB's off of the o-line or make the D pay for blitzing. The wr's Chambers, DT, KN, SS, Tolver, and our new vet wr needs to make sure they can get open and make the tough catch, Especially DT and/or KN becuase until they establish themselves as a viable threat the Defense will continue to double team CC.

Finally... The running backs need to make plays. so far all reports are indicating that our running back by comittee group will be fine, but what bothers me is the amount of fumbles being reported. If our running game opens up then that will make it easier to make plays downfield via playaction.
Also we've seen how a missed blocking assignment by both a TE and RB can turn a game or kill a drive, so blocking is the key.

The one good thing this team has going for it is there's no real stars on offense, and everyone is forced to step up and make plays. Our offense got complacent defering to Ricky all the time, now everyone needs to step up, so I wouldn't be suprised if we roll of 11-12 wins or if we lose 11-12, because right now we're that type of team.

"This is way beyond guy-check time, man. People are going to be watching us real close to see how we react. And, believe me, we're going to be watching each other, too. Guys are accountable. I don't want to hear any of that 'woe is us' talk. This is the NFL. (Stuff) happens."

A good quote from #81.

ESPN article

midwest_phinfan said:
"This is way beyond guy-check time, man. People are going to be watching us real close to see how we react. And, believe me, we're going to be watching each other, too. Guys are accountable. I don't want to hear any of that 'woe is us' talk. This is the NFL. (Stuff) happens."

A good quote from #81.

ESPN article
Nice quote, no, GREAT QUOTE.

Randy McMike has said time and time again he wants to prove that he can be a leader of this team, and I believe he can do that. The guy is talented, you've seen it on the field and heard it from other people. My friend was telling me that Big Play Shay (TE Sharpe ) said that McMike was one of the most talented, if not the most, TE in the game right now.

GO 81!!

I agree closely with Blitzkrieg. RM does not have soft natural hands. He double catches and body catches way too many passes, not to mention the ones he drops. He is disinterested as a blocker and was involved directly in two key negative plays last year that were crushing in each game. He was called for holding on the long RW run down to inside the 5 vs Texas and we ended up after the call back not scoring on that drive. Some said it was a bad call, and maybe so, from the vantage point of the referee, it looked like RM was doing a take down from behind on the defender.But if he had made the proper block in the first place, he'd not been in position for that supposed takedown to have happened. Up at NE, it was he who missed a blitz pickup on Rodney Harrison that resulted in a Feidler lost fumble when we were in easy field goal range, down 3-0 at the time.

Also, when I heard his comments after Boston's injury, it seemed to me that up to that point, Randy was worried that he'd not get as many chances in the offense, and hence lower numbers, than he was looking for. It seemed to me afterwards that he was inferring that, oh well at least now he'd be getting more catches and better numbers. (Which is something very important when you will be looking for a big long term contract extension next winter). Maybe he did not mean it that way, but it sure took on that tone to me with that one comment.
Until he takes more interest in blocking and developing better technique, focus and tenacity in that regard, he is a one dimensional player and not one that I'd think worth a huge payday like Chambers and Ogunleye are.

MrClean said:
Until he takes more interest in blocking and developing better technique, focus and tenacity in that regard, he is a one dimensional player and not one that I'd think worth a huge payday like Chambers and Ogunleye are.

TE's usually don't have paydays like top tier receivers or DEs. (Unless your a whiny little bi*** like Kellen Winslow. Well, I guess he is a soldier :roflmao: ). Even if Randy does put up a huge year I don't think he'd break our salary cap, TEs historically don't make all that much compared to other skill players.

midwest_phinfan said:
(Unless your a whiny little bi*** like Kellen Winslow. Well, I guess he is a soldier :roflmao: ).
:roflmao:

midwest_phinfan said:
(Unless your a whiny little bi*** like Kellen Winslow. Well, I guess he is a soldier :roflmao: )

I must also :roflmao:

Very true. Someone please remind me if the 2002 Chiefs had more than one if any great WRs. If my memory serves me correct, It was TE Tony Gonzalez whom they relied on to stretch the field. Randy M. must do the same for us.

I don't trust Mcmike either. Granted I think he is good, but he drops key passes and fumbles too much for my liking. I odn't mind all the dancing and stuff if the guy produces up to his potential which is very high. I think he takes a lackadazicle approach to workouts etc.. I really believe that Lee can be better than Mcmike anyway. He can get down field, catch and actually blocks better. He had a few chances last year and did pretty well when given the chance. I'd love to see him push Randys game up or push him to the 2nd team.

4Dfins said:
I don't trust Mcmike either. Granted I think he is good, but he drops key passes and fumbles too much for my liking.
He's fumbled once in his whole 2 year going on three career. Also some of his best games last year, were against some tough teams--Indie, Phillie, and the Patties. Like the mags say, he needs to improve the concentration and improve blocking to become the best TE he can be.

!FREE RANDY!

Back
Top Bottom