Randy Starks likely to be tagged, says NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Starks likely to be tagged, says NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal.

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Randy Starks - DL - Dolphins

After spending the past several days in Indianapolis, NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal gets the "strong feeling" the Dolphins will use the franchise tag on free agent DT Randy Starks.

We're expecting the same. GM Jeff Ireland called his usage of the franchise tag "likely," and neither Sean Smith nor Jake Long is expected to receive it. That leaves Starks as the probable recipient for the relatively cost-effective price of $8.306 million. The tackle and cornerback tags are each more expensive.

Source: NFL.com
Feb 24 - 7:15 PM

Not a bad move IMO. Starks has been a real good player on our d-line.

I actually hope this happens, if they are unable to come to a long term deal. Starks is as stout a DLineman you could want. And he's in his prime.

I like Starks. I was willing to let him walk, but am more than happy to have him back. Good player.

That's $8mil that would come off the books next year if Odrick shows legitimacy in that rotation throughout the year to help re-sign Solia or extend Jones... :D

Starks is the man - real stout. Love him and Big Paul as a tandem.

Now let's get some athletic, aggressive CB's on D and we are good to go.

I think its a good move, I doubt Starks is much obliged. I'd rather give 8 mil to the guy who has earned it over his career than two greedy SOB's who aren't worth what theyre asking for OR the franchise tag price.

I want to see better play out of Odrick at the end spot (he says he will drop down to 280 lbs if Stark is back) and someone to either step up or be drafted/signed to play end when we are in nickel

Oh and if we are tagging Starks we should let McDaniels walk

Back
Top Bottom