Randy Starks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Starks

U-M_all_day

Starter
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has said anything about him but this guy has been our best Lineman a bit over Langford imo.....he has been really good against the run and has been getting good pressure....even though he has 2 sacks I believe, that is good enough for tied for 1st with other 3-4 D lineman....he gets good pressure and if it wasn't for grounding he would lead all 3-4 D lineman in sacks right now...hope he can get to brees

I really like Starks, and I was very happy when he ended up being named the starter over Merling. I was hoping he would really do well if he was given a chance to start. I thought he was one of our best lineman last year, and that he should have been given more playing time...not just on passing downs. But, so far he hasn't done as well as I would like now that he is starting. He has done OK...but I expected more pressure on the QB. That hasn't happened.

I don't think he has outplayed Langford either. Langford to me has been our best defensive lineman so far this year.

I really like Starks, and I was very happy when he ended up being named the starter over Merling. I was hoping he would really do well if he was given a chance to start. I thought he was one of our best lineman last year, and that he should have been given more playing time...not just on passing downs. But, so far he hasn't done as well as I would like now that he is starting. He has done OK...but I expected more pressure on the QB. That hasn't happened.

I don't think he has outplayed Langford either. Langford to me has been our best defensive lineman so far this year.

tbh they are close and only a sack really separates them...

Starks-2 Sacks, 3 Qb hits, 4 Pressures, 9 Stops...also hasn't been penalized

Langford-1 sack, 2 hits, 5 pressures, 8 stops, 2 penalties

but Starks could be better on passing downs.....I think langford just pushes his man further and messes up the pocket....I still think starks has the edge a bit, maybe they are tied, I am glad we have them both because they both have been very good

edit-we need our Lbers to step up though.....our line isn't getting enough credit due to their play....we get good push but some times the Lbers either miss the QB or just basically not getting there and getting shut down

Tbh Starks, Langford and Merling are very good 3-4 players ... good drafting and work in the FA has built up the kind of offensive line where you'll be a match for most teams just for that alone.

I really like Merling, but I wouldn't say he's better than the other two. Starks has been exceptional this year (though Merling destroyed us in week 1 at times)

Back
Top Bottom