Rank Tannehill's Arm Strength, is it top 10? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank Tannehill's Arm Strength, is it top 10?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
So a co-worker (Washington "r-words" fan) points out that there is Mike Wallace to Miami specualtion on the front page of NFL.com with pictures of Tannehill and Wallace side by side. I casually said to him "It makes sense, Mike Wallace can stretch the field and Tanne has a cannon". So he says RT's arm isn't even top 10. (Bear in mind this is not a reflection of accuracy)

Here is his top 10 list:
  1. Rogers
  2. Flacco
  3. RG3
  4. Kaopernick
  5. Vick
  6. Freeman
  7. Cutler
  8. Stafford
  9. Cam
  10. Ryan

I disagree. .. A, I don't think I agree overall with his list, and B, I think Tannehill should be in there. Maybe top 7ish? Am I wrong? Are my Dolphins colored lenses deceiving me yet again?

I honestly wouldn't even know how to measure this -- and really, isn't the deep ball more about timing, placement and touch than arm strength?

I'll say this, though. I watched Ryan Tannehill rifle some passes into tight windows and I definitely think the guy has a live arm. How does it compare to Joe Flacco? I have no frigging clue, but he can definitely put enough mustard on the ball to get it where it needs to be.

No idea. But he has enough to make any throw.

Hard to say he has a cannon for an arm, but he has MORE THAN ENOUGH arm strength. That's all that matters. Top 10 sounds about right I think. Not top 7 (Cam, Rodgers, RG3, Vick, Cutler, Stafford, Flacco)

I think people start compiling these lists and always manage to confuse skill with strength. Rodgers is a great QB but he doesn't have a great arm.

Can't say where Ryan ranks amongst his peers......all I know is that he has looked perfectly capable of making every throw.

I've watched Matt Ryan since he came into the league (I go to many Falcons games since i live in ATL and my BFF has season tickets) and I've watched RT and I can say that RT seems to throw with more velocity and precision than Matty Ice.

I think people start compiling these lists and always manage to confuse skill with strength. Rodgers is a great QB but he doesn't have a great arm.

Can't say where Ryan ranks amongst his peers......all I know is that he has looked perfectly capable of making every throw.

Rodgers doesn´t have a great arm? why did you say that?

I would bet good money his arm is stronger than Ryan's, He is up there and has nothing to feel ashamed of in regards to arm strength.

Yup, definitely not a cannon arm, but more than enough to make all the throws. From what I've seen at least, I think.

easily top ten. but some of those guys on the top 10 list, some have about the same, maybe some of them are tied? and where is big ben on that list? for me, having watched all of them, he's probably number 1.

Back
Top Bottom