25- 27.Blake-Arz
26- 19.Holcomb-Clev
27- 20.Maddox-Pit.
28- 30.Palmer-Cin
29- 32.Ramsey-Was.
30- 29.Peete-Car.
31- 31.Hutinson-Dal
32- 28.Redman-Bal

1.) Manning (Playaction to Rickey = DEADLY)
2.) Favre
3.) McNabb
4.) Gannon
5.) McNair
6.) Bledsoe
7.) Brady
8.) Brooks
9.) Vick (Atlanta had to simplify for him!!)
10.) Garcia
11.) Fiedler
12.) Pennington
13.) T.Green
14.) Hasselbeck
15.) K.Warner
16.) B.Johnson
17.) D.Culpepper
18.) T.Couch/K.Holcomb
19.) K.Collins
20.) T.Maddox
21.) M.Brunell
22.) K.Stewart
23.) D.Carr
24.) J.Harrington
25.) D.Carr
26.) J.Kitna
27.) J.Blake
28.) J.Plummer
29.) C.Redman
30.) R.Peete/J.Delhomme
31.) P.Ramsey
32.) C.Hutchinson

Top 5 QB's for next year:

1. Favre - the only great QB in the NFL
2. Manning
3. Gannon
4. McNabb
5. Pennington

? -To those of you who like Vick so much, why?

The only statistical category that he finished in the top 10 is Sports Center highlights, he completed only 55% of his passes, and he got much worse as the season progressed.

He is fun to watch.

Originally posted by zachseau13
Top 5 QB's for next year:

1. Favre - the only great QB in the NFL
2. Manning
3. Gannon
4. McNabb
5. Pennington

The only statistical category that he finished in the top 10 is Sports Center highlights, he completed only 55% of his passes, and he got much worse as the season progressed.

He is fun to watch.

My opinion on Vick is that here is alot of buzz for his athletic abilities. There is a tremendous upside to him and that is why I think people rank him so high. Is that fair? Probably not. I would still like to see him progress for our team. Can you imagine how many rushing yards the Dolphins would have with Vick and Ricky? He is one QB that is a real threat to take it to the house anytime on a given play. Thats my take on Vick. Plus, he has the arm to put the ball 70 yards down field.

He is fun to watch.

Did you see the game where we faced Vick at Pro Player in 2001?? That's why.

Originally posted by Muck

I did see the game.

Because he had a good game in 2001 you rank him as a top QB?

Please tell me that is not the only reason.

He has tremendous skills but has performed very unevenly to date.

Did you see the game in week 13 of last year when he went 11 of 28 (39%) for 173 yards,

how about the game in week 14 when he went 12 of 25 for 125 yards?

or in week 17 when he went 17 of 40 for 240 yards?

or the whole month of Dec when he went 81 of 169 (47.9%) with 7 TDs, 6 Picks and a rating of 68.5?

That is not the month of a top QB.

Now, if you want to tell me that you believe that this year he will begin to fulfill some of his exciting potential and become a top QB then I can buy that.

I don't think I have to explain much further. I think it's counter-productive to imply that I'm basing it on one game alone. BUT......in that one game, we saw Vick do things that no other QB has ever done before. It's a microcosm of his gigantic upside. The coaching staff burned the game film. Told the defense to "forget about that game. You'll never see that again this year".

You do know that he had an injured thumb the last three games of the season, right??

You mention the Week 13 game. Did you forget to mention that Vick also had 173 yards and 2 TDs RUSHING on 10 carries that day?? Do you remember that Vick won it on a stellar 46-yard TD run to end the game in OT??

That's the thing with this kid. He'll likely be a career 55% passer. But when he's struggling, he's got a whole other dimension to bail him out (his legs). He's got an arm that's unsurpassed in strength and accuracy that's coming around. Once he figures it all out, he'll dominate the league.

Despite his current shortcomings, he still led the Falcons into the playoffs.

Can you imagine him lining up for the Phins w/ Ricky behind him, Chambers and Co. around him?? With this defense?? Unstoppable.

Manning will never win a big game. Never has never will. Other than that he's great.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think I have to explain much further. I think it's counter-productive to imply that I'm basing it on one game alone. BUT......in that one game, we saw Vick do things that no other QB has ever done before. It's a microcosm of his gigantic upside. The coaching staff burned the game film. Told the defense to "forget about that game. You'll never see that again this year".

You do know that he had an injured thumb the last three games of the season, right??

You mention the Week 13 game. Did you forget to mention that Vick also had 173 yards and 2 TDs RUSHING on 10 carries that day?? Do you remember that Vick won it on a stellar 46-yard TD run to end the game in OT??

That's the thing with this kid. He'll likely be a career 55% passer. But when he's struggling, he's got a whole other dimension to bail him out (his legs). He's got an arm that's unsurpassed in strength and accuracy that's coming around. Once he figures it all out, he'll dominate the league.

Despite his current shortcomings, he still led the Falcons into the playoffs.

Can you imagine him lining up for the Phins w/ Ricky behind him, Chambers and Co. around him?? With this defense?? Unstoppable.

Actually, I did not imply that you based your opinion on one game, I stated it, as did you in your earlier post -

"Did you see the game where we faced Vick at Pro Player in 2001?? That's why."

You gave no other reason.

I then asked you for other reasons, which I thought was highly constructive on my part.

Further, I stated that he has tremendous skills and that he has exciting potential and even that he is fun to watch. My question remains, how can you rate him as a top QB given his very uneven performance at the QB position?

Your argument seems to be that he may not be much of a passer - "likely be a career 55% passer" but that he can run and he has tremendous upside.

You go on to say that "once he figures it all out he will dominate the league". That may be true, it may also be true that he will not figure it out and that his performance will continue to slide as it did in 2002.

By the way, we have seen a QB do more. In 1990 Randall Cunningham threw for 3400 yards with 30 TD's and 13 picks, ran for 942 yds and 5 TD and had a 91 rating.

He also had a 90 yard punt.

Actually, I did not imply that you based your opinion on one game, I stated it, as did you in your earlier post -

"Did you see the game where we faced Vick at Pro Player in 2001?? That's why."

You gave no other reason.

I then asked you for other reasons, which I thought was highly constructive on my part.

Further, I stated that he has tremendous skills and that he has exciting potential and even that he is fun to watch. My question remains, how can you rate him as a top QB given his very uneven performance at the QB position?

Your argument seems to be that he may not be much of a passer - "likely be a career 55% passer" but that he can run and he has tremendous upside.

You go on to say that "once he figures it all out he will dominate the league". That may be true, it may also be true that he will not figure it out and that his performance will continue to slide as it did in 2002.

By the way, we have seen a QB do more. In 1990 Randall Cunningham threw for 3400 yards with 30 TD's and 13 picks, ran for 942 yds and 5 TD and had a 91 rating.

He also had a 90 yard punt.

You need to go back and read my original post. In it, I said, "I chose who I'd like to have at the helm and not necessarily who's best." That answers your question right there.

You did imply that I was basing it on one game. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked the question. I'm not trying to sound like a prick.....I just don't feel like we should have to spell everything single thing out for each other. I think that game last November speaks for itself. I don't think the things we saw that day can be denied.

I never alluded to the notion that he isn't or wouldn't be much of a passer. He already makes throws that very few QBs can make. The thing with Vick is that he's having to learn how to harness his unrivaled talent and use it correctly.

As for the Randall Cunningham comparison......your kinda veering off to the right. Your taking an entire season of Cunningham (in his 6th year) and comparing it to one half of football rookie football for Vick. But since you brought up Cunningham, notice that he's a career 56.6% passer. Notice he didn't reach the 60% plateau until his 8th season. Notice that Vick is already far ahead of Cunningham at this point in their careers. He's a more dangerous runner than Cunningham ever was. And he's already ahead of Cunningham as a thinker and a passer.

The sky is the limit for this kid. I think he'll have a breakout season in 2003. And if it were on the Phins, it might be "Super".

i saw it too did you saw that one pass where vick was at midfield, scrambled to his left and threw a bomb at the one yard line, this was an unbelievable throw...

and i don´t understand why pennington is a top 5 qb for some guys already he played one season

mcnabb
favre
vick
manning
bledsoe

It was unreal. He threw it on the run, with both feet off the ground. 60 freaking yards. It also came right after he escaped what looked like a sack.

The Pennington-love comes because he's got that Tom Brady quality to him. He never gets shaken up. Always calm and under control. He busts his azz during the week and goes out there and wins on Sundays. Also, Pennington's got good height and great accuracy. He sees the field very well and processes information fast.

Also, Vick is amidextrous (sp). He can play right-handed at a pretty high level too. Not that it really matters. Just adds to the legend. :)

Back
Top Bottom