Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens don’t plan to double-team Brandon Marshall (ON EVERY PLAY)

I'd love for you to actually argue facts with me instead of protesting that I''m biased as if you on a Dolphins board aren't going to be.

Here's facts for you. Marshall will torch you if you don't double team him. Just ludicrous to leave him 1-on-1 with one of those Baltimore CBs. I've seen plenty of Ravens games with pop being a season ticket holder, so no bias here. You, on the other hand, are full of it if you think this is a smart plan for your team to follow.

Here's facts for you. Marshall will torch you if you don't double team him. Just ludicrous to leave him 1-on-1 with one of those Baltimore CBs. I've seen plenty of Ravens games with pop being a season ticket holder, so no bias here. You, on the other hand, are full of it if you think this is a smart plan for your team to follow.

Based on Marshall's history going up against the Ravens, no its not a fact lol (but your funny though). Like I said before, Marshall had 4 catches for 24 yds. in single coverage last year against the Ravens and that was with a team that was actually willing to go deep with him. You wanna know another fact? Last year when Marshall was supposed to catch a pass over the middle he let up once he saw Ray Lewis coming to hit him thats another FACT.

Based on Marshall's history going up against the Ravens, no its not a fact lol (but your funny though). Like I said before, Marshall had 4 catches for 24 yds. in single coverage last year against the Ravens and that was with a team that was actually willing to go deep with him. You wanna know another fact? Last year when Marshall was supposed to catch a pass over the middle he let up once he saw Ray Lewis coming to hit him thats another FACT.
That last one was opinion actually. You do not know for a fact that's the reason why he let up. You're just assuming.

i smell a road kill fan.. the ravens will have a tough time with marshall. he has 1 Td SO FAR, Seasons not over and he might Triple that number on sunday.

it kills me how somebody can doubt marshalls abilities by one game. and the same genuis states that marshall let up on a play because he was scared of ray lewis and states it as being a fact. obviously this guy doesnt know what fact means so he has lost all credibility here. now go back to hole you crawled out of.

I would love to see them not double Marshall but they'll be a safety over the top no matter what. If and this is a big if, they decide not to double team Marshall to start the game, that'll change real quick when they figure out there's no reason not to double him. The Dolphins aren't smart enough to use lots of 3 or 4 wr sets, so there's really no reason not to double Marshall. Leave Hartline 1-1 and bracket coverage toward Marshall and Bess. There's no reason not to. Ask the Jets what happens (the only team to not consistently double him) when you leave him 1 on 1. I believe even in that game he was doubled more often than not. To the Ravens fan...I GUARANTEE you if they leave 1 on 1 on him all game he'll have at least 80 yards receiving. Talk about last year all you want but I highly doubt he was being covered by 1 guy all game. He's been doubled probably more than anybody in the league according to the press conference and he's still putting up numbers.

it kills me how somebody can doubt marshalls abilities by one game. and the same genuis states that marshall let up on a play because he was scared of ray lewis and states it as being a fact. obviously this guy doesnt know what fact means so he has lost all credibility here. now go back to hole you crawled out of.

When did I doubt Marshalls abilities? I'm pretty sure I never said he was a bum, but you can see what you want though.

What else do you think happened if a receiver (a 6' 4" one at that) doesn't attempt to catch a completely catchable ball across the middle when a linebacker is coming to take his head off? That his phone was ringing?

Talk about last year all you want but I highly doubt he was being covered by 1 guy all game. He's been doubled probably more than anybody in the league according to the press conference and he's still putting up numbers.

lol I watched the game, Foxworth was playing man coverage the whole game.

Shows what you know. He's averaging more yards per reception this year than with the Broncos. The Broncos used him a lot like the Patriots use Welker. Marshall got at least 1 deep ball thrown to him in each of the first 3 games and then we haven't seen any since. You think that might just have something to do with teams doubling him and playing 2 deep? Dan Henning is retarded but even he'll throw the ball deep if there's not over the top help on Marshall.

last season the Ravens also had a defense. They are getting absolutely no QB pressure and playing the best pass protecting O-line in the NFL and this Ravens fan thinks he's going to simply get the same results? Make a fair comparison here. You aren't facing the broncos and it isn't 2009 anymore.

To expect any similar results is simply wishful thinking. There's no comparison to be made here.

lol I watched the game, Foxworth was playing man coverage the whole game.

And you could tell where the safeties were the whole game? Riiiiight... I hope they do single cover him but I'm telling you it won't last long. If he isnt doubled it means you guys are playing zone because nobody on the Ravens is going to play him man to man without any help. I wish they would though. Are the Ravens mostly a zone coverage team?

Back
Top Bottom