Ray Ray

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Dolfan81, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Dolfan81

Dolfan81 Pro Bowler

Anybody know where Ray Ray Armstrong out of Miami is projected to go? Defiantly looking forward to watching him play in the pros. May go under the radar miami should really take a look.

2. TheBow305

TheBow305 Starter

Couldn't agree more. Hoping he's a 5th round gem for us like Reshad Jones was. Could be our answer at FS.

3. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

I've seen 5th to 7th round... would deff be down to draft him with a COMP pick or in the 7th

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  4. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Meh, I'd rather go elsewhere with that 5th round pick. His name was the hype more than anything else . . . he really underachieved at the U and some of his actions lead me to believe he is dumb as ****.

5. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

He's more of a Strong Safety, I think he is a gem seeing how in Miami he didn't exactly have the best coaching just look at Sam Shields however his coverage skills are ok at best but he hits very hard.

6. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Like KDawg said, he was overrated at Miami. I saw people talking second round before he got kicked off the Canes and I couldnt figure out why.

7. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Sam Shields was a WR for like 3 of the 4 years and he was making strides in that last season at CB. Ray Ray played safety the entire time at the U and he certainly didn't wow me at all. I like the fact that he is extremely athletic . . . I mean hell, he led his high school team to the state championship . . . at QB . . . but I've seen some of the great safety's come through this program and Ray Ray never should the instincts to be in that category. Plus he is rather stiff and not the best decision maker.

8. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Just remember that you are comparing him to the greatest group of safeties in NFL history in Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. Any safety would look like a scrub in comparison.

9. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Ray Ray also looks like a scrub compared to guys like Randy Phillips. He just didn't have it. Not only the instincts, but he wasn't terribly fast either. I seriously doubt he even makes a practice squad.

10. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Jail, probably.

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

:lol:

12. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I dont think I can deal with any more overhyped university of Miami players. I suspect one or two people on here genuinely believed Lamar Miller deserved a pro bowl spot last season.

13. twix2500

twix2500 A True Fan

I doubt Ray Ray will get drafted. He never stayed on the field enough to develope because of violations. There is not much sample size for a team to draft him.

14. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

The left over players of the Randy Shannon era should be avoided. The program was undisciplined in conduct and player development. Some of those guys were physically talented, but most never blossomed.
    He will be knocking at the Fins door after the draft. No need to waste a pick.

15. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

You won't find a more harsh critic of Randy Shannon than myself.

But I wouldn't say that his leftovers should be avoided. The Miami Hurricanes have been terrible since the Coker days. But I can give many many examples of kids who came to Miami with truck loads of talent that didn't get the proper coaching that they needed from the Coker and Shannon group, laid an egg while at Miami, and then went to the NFL and is now a solid contributor on a team somewhere.

No homer talk here because this stands behind my belief that the coaching in Miami has been horrendous for a decade and Al Golden doesn't seem to be much better at it that the other two goobers before him.

16. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

.i
    I can't disagree with you, but when sheiano and the other assistants bolted, they took the hurricane mojo with them. Really I blame shalayla...it has been bad news for the football program since her arrival.