RB Mike Goodson (UFA) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Mike Goodson (UFA)

Fact is running back is not a need. I think for 1.5-2 maybe Miami takes a flyer but Miami might have their Reggie bush replacement in Marcus thigpen. Playmakers are always needed and especially after what you've promoted about Goodson it would be A welcomed addition. We need help on the oline, what are some players you wecommend for our zone scheme?

i wish we could just hand the keys to the franchise over to CK, his marklars are wise and true.

Goodson could be had for a couple million and is young. He may be a similar back to Miller but he has the experience to take over the 3rd down role, as CK clearly elaborated upon. He ran a 4.46 at the combine and hits the hole with authority.

Also consider that the 3 million we save on Goodson vs. Bush could be funneled over to another FA signing; could be the difference between a guy like Levitre or Vollmer and the turn-style middle-of-the-road offensive linemen Ireland has shown a proclivity for.

okay, I could've told you that supposedly I watched hours of tape like so many so called experts on here do... I'm just going by common sense here that he didn't do anything when the job was given to him in Oakland. You really think he could steal carries from miller and Thomas? Seems unlikely to me.. And yes, I did watch 4-5 Oakland games, not impressed with him. Again, just an opinion that's all

Except I really did watch hours of Coaches Tape. Re-read the original post. Everything is there.

We have VERY different ideas of what constitutes "common sense".

i wish we could just hand the keys to the franchise over to CK, his marklars are wise and true.

Goodson could be had for a couple million and is young. He may be a similar back to Miller but he has the experience to take over the 3rd down role, as CK clearly elaborated upon. He ran a 4.46 at the combine and hits the hole with authority.

Also consider that the 3 million we save on Goodson vs. Bush could be funneled over to another FA signing; could be the difference between a guy like Levitre or Vollmer and the turn-style middle-of-the-road offensive linemen Ireland has shown a proclivity for.

Nice marklar reference, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Here's the 64 yard screen play he made against us.

[video=youtube;Twb-phPKc5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twb-phPKc5E[/video]

And here's some of his college highlights:

[video=youtube;HoZeiAIJKMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZeiAIJKMY[/video]

Really you wasted all that time researching this guy??? Nothing to see here. Four years in the league and not much of an impact. In the famous words of a football czar: "If they don't bite as pups, they probably don't bite"
- The dolphins would be better off with a late round or udfa back to round out the position for camp.
- Not to mention that it would be cheaper.
- Jonas Gray has yet to show us what he's got.
- I don't see Goodson doing anything for us that Marcus Thigpen can't do.

I don't see the dolphins going after him but if they do, anything over 2 mil/yr would be stupid.

Really you wasted all that time researching this guy??? Nothing to see here. Four years in the league and not much of an impact. In the famous words of a football czar: "If they don't bite as pups, they probably don't bite"
- The dolphins would be better off with a late round or udfa back to round out the position for camp.
- Not to mention that it would be cheaper.
- Jonas Gray has yet to show us what he's got.
- I don't see Goodson doing anything for us that Marcus Thigpen can't do.

I don't see the dolphins going after him but if they do, anything over 2 mil/yr would be stupid.

You mean like how as a pup he was a late round draft pick behind two first round tailbacks and he ended up with more snaps than either of the other two, gaining 4.3 yards per carry in an atrocious offense led by Jimmy Clausen?

I may have spent a lot of time researching him. But that time was more fruitful than the time it took you to type the above post.

Good write up CK, Goodson is definitely someone to consider. I'm just still kind of baffled that we are letting Reggie walk. Ok so he wants 5 million a year, he did almost rush for 1000 yards this season and had another 290 receiving. He is a deadly dual threat that you have to account for at all times, he just wasn't used properly in the passing game in a 1st year coaching staff trying to see what they have. If we kept him next years and ran him more at receiver, and still got someone like goodson on the cheap, how is that not better for the team?
Yeah, I'm surprised by that too. I think we have some clues (the benching) that maybe the coaching staff doesn't think as highly of Bush as fans do. It seems he would be the perfect fit for this offense and was vastly underused in the passing game. Perhaps it''s just a money decision with Miller looking good in limited action and with so many other needs that have to be filled.

I watched him this year in Oakland and have liked him all season. didn't know he was a FA.. how convenient. I like Miller and Thigpen. I don't know if his skillset is so diverse from theirs but hey you cant have enough playmakers in the backfield imo. we do need someone to spell Thomas though, injuries ect ect we have no backup plan for that style runner ... don't say javorski lane. maybe we give the guy from CFL last year Jerome mastrum (spell?) another look?

You mean like how as a pup he was a late round draft pick behind two first round tailbacks and he ended up with more snaps than either of the other two, gaining 4.3 yards per carry in an atrocious offense led by Jimmy Clausen?

I may have spent a lot of time researching him. But that time was more fruitful than the time it took you to type the above post.

C'mon CK. If you did your homework you should know that the only reason Goodson got all those snaps was because both Williams and Stewart were hurt in 2010. As soon as Stewart came back from injury, Goodson's role became limited again. If anything, that was his chance to show something and he did ok but nothing spectacular. And stop making excuses for him; bad offense, bad qb, behind good players. He had 4 years. IMO he will never amount to anything much more than our own Thigpen, who consequently at this point has more upside than Goodson.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Jonas Gray has to offer. If he turns out to be what I think he could be, then it could be curtains for D. Thomas. Thomas has shown flashes but he needs to be more consistent if he's gonna stick.

CK, nice write ups and everything, but you need to stop taking things personal when people don't agree with your point of view. Just because you can spend hours of your life doing research on a 3rd string player doesn't make him
a stud. Last time i checked you are not working evaluating talent for the Dolphins or any other team for that matter so it's quite possible you are seeing things that no other nfl team is seeing in Goodson. Just saying...

Very good analysis, CK -- the kind of analysis that WINNING teams do well: Find the FA and middle-round draft picks that will come on roster with skills, intelligence and upside, challenging starters and creating a team of 1 and 1A players that is fairly well immune to the injury bug. Making your own destiny by SMART player decisions, sound strategy with every roster position top to bottom. Good stuff!

LD

very good write up! i think the plan should be that if Reggie Bush's price tag is too high, then we go after Goodson. a Miller/Goodson combo would be excellent for us

I wish you were a Miami Dolphins scout, then maybe we could get some talent for our money.

When we played the Raiders I was left very impressed by him. If he could come in @3-4 mil a year I would take it hands down, specially if he is as well rounded as you stated, and if Mike Sherman decides to give him a chance then that must mean he is worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom