RB performance... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB performance...

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
finally RB showed vision, poise, and patience with running the ball. I can recall about 5 plays where he had NOTHING and stopped for maybe a second, literally stopped, waited till the line and defense to fall into some mess and he found a hole for 4-5 yards and a few up to 10+ yards.

waht abotu the one where he changed the field? that was amazing. reminded me of RW and some of the great RB's. that got me really excited.

2 thigns that i see bother me... jsut a little...

When RB gets in the open field, he doesnt have the jukes like LT, Portis, Martin, Taylor etc etc to take it to the house. I only see it when he is about 2 yards behidn the line and only wehn he catches the ball but when he is running and has momentum goin about past 5 yards, he doesnt have that juke.

i noticed on 1 play where he did a spin move that seemed liek he did out of a habit b/c he had a hole, but it was gettin clogged and he could have gained some yards while he was stuck behind the RG i think and he did a lazy spin he usually does but more of a habit spin it seemed then to actually evade or anything.

SR 7 said:
finally RB showed vision, poise, and patience with running the ball. I can recall about 5 plays where he had NOTHING and stopped for maybe a second, literally stopped, waited till the line and defense to fall into some mess and he found a hole for 4-5 yards and a few up to 10+ yards.

waht abotu the one where he changed the field? that was amazing. reminded me of RW and some of the great RB's. that got me really excited.

When RB gets in the open field, he doesnt have the jukes like LT, Portis, Martin, Taylor etc etc to take it to the house. I only see it when he is about 2 yards behidn the line and only wehn he catches the ball but when he is running and has momentum goin about past 5 yards, he doesnt have that juke.

i noticed on 1 play where he did a spin move that seemed liek he did out of a habit b/c he had a hole, but it was gettin clogged and he could have gained some yards while he was stuck behind the RG i think and he did a lazy spin he usually does but more of a habit spin it seemed then to actually evade or anything.

Good post, but I actually don't think he WASN'T showing those things previously. I think he finally had a chance to get more than 20 carries AND more importantly....we had a lead to allow him to carry the ball in the 4th quarter. He ran VERY well in the 4th quarter with that.

I know some are down on Ronnie....but I really believe he's going to be a very good back. I think there are alot of factors contributing to the running game not going well during the season thus far. With some good oline play and Ronnie getting some additional carries...he showed why he's a good back and ony going to get better.

Also, to add to what I said....alot of people dont like him dancing before he makes a move. Well, alot of times he has to do that because the oline had allowed multiple defenders to get into the backfield.

I thought it was great when he got into the open field and ran over the Bears safety and then stepped on him he needs to do more of that.

I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.

SR 7 said:

RB doesn't have those amazing open-field moves that some have (and you forgot some of Ricky's), but very few if any of the backs you mentioned have the raw strength and size of Brown and that helped him get a lot of his better runs last year. I don't know if he is ever gonna be a home run hitter, but he can still be a good runner getting good runs consistently.

Sherif said:
I still thought he was too hesitant when he was in open field. He needs to run people over instead of trying the juke moves when he's at full speed.

I saw what you are talking about, I thought when I watched the game again I'd pay better attention to what exactly he WAS doing...it looked odd.

cnc66 said:
I saw what you are talking about, I thought when I watched the game again I'd pay better attention to what exactly he WAS doing...it looked odd.

Yeah what it seemed to me was that maybe he doesn't have confidence in his own quickness or something. Like he doesn't believe he's fast enough to beat the defender off the angle.

Sherif said:

Yeh, but if he ran people over in the open field and didn't ever try and juke and make some more yardage, people would be killing him for that. If you ask me, Ronnie just can't win sometimes. The guy has one of his best games and he still takes crap.

PerfectFinz72 said:
Good post, but I actually don't think he WASN'T showing those things previously. I think he finally had a chance to get more than 20 carries AND more importantly....we had a lead to allow him to carry the ball in the 4th quarter. He ran VERY well in the 4th quarter with that.

I know some are down on Ronnie....but I really believe he's going to be a very good back. I think there are alot of factors contributing to the running game not going well during the season thus far. With some good oline play and Ronnie getting some additional carries...he showed why he's a good back and ony going to get better.

the main thing was we gave him HOLES and if there were no holes, he showed PATIENCE till soemthign opoened. those were the 2 big factors.

ronnie brown was great today, he finally got a chance to carry the ball

more than 15 times

he gets better as the game goes on

he has unbelievable strength and runs hard every single down

Brown gettin all up in they're chilly!

Some of those runs I heard ronnie was finishing with some sick hits. Man i can't wait till we see some video of those. That's too sweet, up against the #1 defense in th league no less! Oh yeah that whole caddy vs. brown talk should be about over.

I for one am probably #1 when it comes to questioning the Ronnie Brown pick and being dissapointed by the guy week in and week out, and this week was the first time I've been happy with his performance since he's been a Dolphin. I'm not jumping on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon like 99% of the people here, but I was happy with his play this week, and I am sure guys like CNC66 would appreciate that, BUT I wouldn't put the Caddy vs. Ronnie debate to rest, because as long as these two guys are in the league together, they'll be compared to one another. I still think Caddy has a leg up due to his rookie year, Ronnie may even the score with his sophomore season. At any rate, it is good to finally see some expected production out of our #2 pick.

Dmancari23 said:
I for one am probably #1 when it comes to questioning the Ronnie Brown pick and being dissapointed by the guy week in and week out, and this week was the first time I've been happy with his performance since he's been a Dolphin. I'm not jumping on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon like 99% of the people here, but I was happy with his play this week, and I am sure guys like CNC66 would appreciate that.

Thank you for at least responding to one of these threads. You've been all over Ronnie and I've despised you because of it. But at least you can admit that, for at least today, you were wrong.

Back
Top Bottom