Re-build? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-build?

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
I read an article on one of the Dolphins news sites (sorry I can't remember which one) this morning claiming the moves Dolphins are making are suggesting a team re-build. I don't agree because the guys we are signing (Sitton, Kilgore, Hayes, Amendola) are all in their 30s or close to it. The one common thread in these players are that either they have strong leadership qualities or have won other places or both and are regarded as hard nose tough players.

I read an article on one of the Dolphins news sites (sorry I can't remember which one) this morning claiming the moves Dolphins are making are suggesting a team re-build. I don't agree because the guys we are signing (Sitton, Kilgore, Hayes, Amendola) are all in their 30s or close to it. The one common thread in these players are that either they have strong leadership qualities or have won other places or both and are regarded as hard nose tough players.
Don't kid yourself. This is a total rebuild. Whether you use new oem or used aftermarket parts, changing these many key components isn't just tweaking the roster. Not a bad thing, we needed it.

I just hope that Gase changes up the play calling and is way more fast paced. With all of these speed players they should be able to create miss matches.

Suggests they think they can compete with Tannehill at QB in the next 2-3 seasons.

It's a rebuild not in the traditional sense. The way it is now teams can turn themselves around and pretty much a year if not too. I think we're at this point. We're cleaning house the filling in spots with players bat won't hurt us and if we do it right we can improve on what we did last year. So to answer the question I have to say it is not a rebuild it's more of a restructure but we're in win now mode not when in a few year mode

I'd say is more transition with wanting to change the culture. More leaders and smart players that will pay attention to detail and work with the coaches. Gase wants his players to buy in. They will continue to build thru the draft but you still need to add players in free agency, just not the very expensive ones like they did in the past.

Ozzy rules!!

By no means is this a re-build. You don't sign two WR's to replace a slot WR and a starting C as soon as you release your starting C if you are rebuilding. These are stop gaps at the very least and allow flexibility in the upcoming draft.

Very much a rebuild something I expected was going on since last year, these are too many of our starters gone to be just a tweak.

I just hope that Gase changes up the play calling and is way more fast paced. With all of these speed players they should be able to create miss matches.

Didn't you hear part of the reason for the pace was because the players (some of them atleast) weren't on top of their playbooks. In other words, they had to slow things down so the players can handle it.

You can't go fast or fancy unless everyone's on the same page.

It’s not a rebuild. Mid level free agents to fill holes. Building threw the draft. It’s actually been like this every year with Gase. Is it working.. I don’t know yet.

This entire thread is about semantics. My definition of rebuild requires dropping your QB and releasing any player with high salary that is 30 or older. Obviously, there are different definitions from some of the posters. It really does not matter.

It is clear that the FO and coaches wanted to restructure the rosters and the salary allocation. It is clear that Coach Gase did not want another season of players refusing to study. Beyond these statements, it is too early to determine the vision of the end product that takes the field.

Back
Top Bottom