Re-Focused – Texans @ Dolphins, Week 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-Focused – Texans @ Dolphins, Week 2

NY8123

The Fixer
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some good and bad blurbs about Miami in this write up at Profootball Focus. I can not say I disagree with any of it.

The Texans won this without their offense really getting out of third gear; they seemed like a group with plenty of self-assurance and a little to spare in the tank as well. That’s more than can be said for the “new” defense which creaked around the edges and despite never really breaking, looked average. However, average is a step on from last year and you can’t see them writing too many checks that the offense won’t be at least able to make a decent fist of cashing.

Miami, mostly due to Chad Henne, looked a tad underdone as they just about kept in the game, but somehow, always looked out of it. Obviously leaving two field goals of 34 and 22 yards unmade and having Daniel Thomas’ fumble come just as the offensive line was beginning to open some holes, was unhelpful but blaming these things alone would be wrong. For example, while the defense has now played two of the premier offenses in the league you have to expect more of this talented group. With two weeks gone only Randy Starks and Cameron Wake have played anything approaching well and even they have struggled in certain facets of play.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/21/re-focused-texans-dolphins-week-2/

brandon marshall drops in endzone. that sure made henne a "tad underdone"

This team looks like they were bowling and going to the movies rather than practicing. Oh wait.....

brandon marshall drops in endzone. that sure made henne a "tad underdone"

Henne looked bad. half of the catches marshall makes would be interceptions or way over another players head if it were thrown to someone else.
that first long pass to marshall was pitiful. the only td chad threw was due to marshall being able to manhandle jason allen 12 yards before the endzone.

Henne looked bad. half of the catches marshall makes would be interceptions or way over another players head if it were thrown to someone else.
that first long pass to marshall was pitiful. the only td chad threw was due to marshall being able to manhandle jason allen 12 yards before the endzone.

What about the Marshall drop? Did Henne look bad on that throw?

Thats why we have Marshall, to make those plays where you just give him a chance, because hes the best player on the field to go up and get the ball. But he sometimes makes the chambers drop.

Lets throw out the dropped TD, the fumble, the 2 missed gimme FGs, and the Fins didn't have a chance.... ok? As bad as we played we were in there, just too much went wrong at the wrong time.

Lets just throw out all the easy opportunities we had and say we played horrible... wtf is that? We played bad because we didn't convert high school ****. We convert that easy stuff and we probably win.

the marshall drop i don't think the ball would have been in the endzone anyways...i don't think it would have crossed the plane...which means likely 4th and goal from the 1 foot mark and god knows we wouldn't have gotten in then...not with this goalline unit and reggie bush in the backfield

the marshall drop i don't think the ball would have been in the endzone anyways...i don't think it would have crossed the plane...which means likely 4th and goal from the 1 foot mark and god knows we wouldn't have gotten in then...not with this goalline unit and reggie bush in the backfield

The Marshall drop was a perfect pass right in Marshalls hands in the middle of the endzone . . . you are thinking of something else. Henne laid that pass out perfectly and Marshall dropped it.

I think the drop is referring to the one in the back of the endzone where it was laid out for him pretty nicely, maybe a little too much velocity. Marshall left his feet and it looked like he thought about getting his feet down before he caught the ball. But for the catches this guy makes, that was probably a 6 of 10.

oh got ya...yeah different play...i know which one you guys are talkin about and its not easy to lay out like that but it is brandon marshall so i'd say 8 out of 10 times he makes that catch...a little out in front imo but a guy of his caliber should definitely come down with it

Thats cause its Brandon Marshall. You don't throw him the same ball as most WRs a large part of the time because he is often has 2 guys on him. You put the ball out there for Marshall to go up or through to get.

I really didn't think anyone would need to say this. How many threads have been started with the basis that we need to feed the ball to Marshall more often regardless of coverage or give Marshall more throws, have him go up and get the ball.

The problem with Henne is there is a small margin of error with him at QB. Marshall's drop sucked, but it's not like it was a gimme. That's a ball that should be caught, but it's still a tough catch. With Henne though you absolutely have to catch that ball because you probably aren't going to get another catchable ball in the endzone. Henne threw a number of bad passes that could have been or led to scores, but people want to focus on the one Marshall drop that cost us a TD.

i'll tell ya what i don't like...i don't like on 3rd down i think it was our first trip into the redzone maybe second though we have marshall wide left with only jason allen over him bess is inside of marshall and could easily have run an inward breaking route to give marshall an easy one on one against jason allen and henne comes to the los and not only never looks over there and recognizes it but never even looks that way after the snap...he looks right the whole way and i can't recall what happened but i know we didn't score or have anyone open...

there should be alarms going off when your the qb and you see b marsh against jason allen all by his lonesome in the red zone on 3rd down...hell bells should go off...YOU HAVE GOT TO GO AFTER THAT...i'll take b marsh against allen any time any day if they want to match him up one on one...and someone must have said something to henne or he saw it on the pictures on the sideline about it cause the next time we got in the red and marshall had jason allen marshall caught the ball underneath and walked allen into the endzone...

thats what i mean by taking advantage of the opportunities the defense gives you...henne needed to see that play i'm talking about and it should have registered to him you want to give me that matchup i'm gonna make you pay

Henne was still below 50% comletion percentage. He had a bad game.

Yep, he did, it wasn't gonna be all cupcakes and ice cream after a good preseason and a solid statistical first game . . . his biggest test is this week. How he bounces back from a tough game will probably say more about Henne than we have seen in his career so far. He earned a chance with a new OC after his performance against Oakland on damn near one leg . . . but he has to show he can lead this team. Forget the pressure, forget the drops, he has gotta lead his troops into the endzone.

Back
Top Bottom