Re-Focused – Texans @ Dolphins, Week 2

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NY8123, Sep 22, 2011.

1. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Some good and bad blurbs about Miami in this write up at Profootball Focus. I can not say I disagree with any of it.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/21/re-focused-texans-dolphins-week-2/

2. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

brandon marshall drops in endzone. that sure made henne a "tad underdone"

3. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

This team looks like they were bowling and going to the movies rather than practicing. Oh wait.....

4. next-year

next-year MostHated

Henne looked bad. half of the catches marshall makes would be interceptions or way over another players head if it were thrown to someone else.
    that first long pass to marshall was pitiful. the only td chad threw was due to marshall being able to manhandle jason allen 12 yards before the endzone.

5. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

What about the Marshall drop? Did Henne look bad on that throw?

6. sharp

sharp Scout Team

Thats why we have Marshall, to make those plays where you just give him a chance, because hes the best player on the field to go up and get the ball. But he sometimes makes the chambers drop.

Lets throw out the dropped TD, the fumble, the 2 missed gimme FGs, and the Fins didn't have a chance.... ok? As bad as we played we were in there, just too much went wrong at the wrong time.

Lets just throw out all the easy opportunities we had and say we played horrible... wtf is that? We played bad because we didn't convert high school ****. We convert that easy stuff and we probably win.

7. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the marshall drop i don't think the ball would have been in the endzone anyways...i don't think it would have crossed the plane...which means likely 4th and goal from the 1 foot mark and god knows we wouldn't have gotten in then...not with this goalline unit and reggie bush in the backfield

8. Kdawg954

The Marshall drop was a perfect pass right in Marshalls hands in the middle of the endzone . . . you are thinking of something else. Henne laid that pass out perfectly and Marshall dropped it.

9. sharp

sharp Scout Team

I think the drop is referring to the one in the back of the endzone where it was laid out for him pretty nicely, maybe a little too much velocity. Marshall left his feet and it looked like he thought about getting his feet down before he caught the ball. But for the catches this guy makes, that was probably a 6 of 10.

10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

oh got ya...yeah different play...i know which one you guys are talkin about and its not easy to lay out like that but it is brandon marshall so i'd say 8 out of 10 times he makes that catch...a little out in front imo but a guy of his caliber should definitely come down with it

11. kizzaboo

kizzaboo Seasoned Veteran

Thats cause its Brandon Marshall. You don't throw him the same ball as most WRs a large part of the time because he is often has 2 guys on him. You put the ball out there for Marshall to go up or through to get.

I really didn't think anyone would need to say this. How many threads have been started with the basis that we need to feed the ball to Marshall more often regardless of coverage or give Marshall more throws, have him go up and get the ball.

12. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Henne was still below 50% comletion percentage. He had a bad game.

13. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

The problem with Henne is there is a small margin of error with him at QB. Marshall's drop sucked, but it's not like it was a gimme. That's a ball that should be caught, but it's still a tough catch. With Henne though you absolutely have to catch that ball because you probably aren't going to get another catchable ball in the endzone. Henne threw a number of bad passes that could have been or led to scores, but people want to focus on the one Marshall drop that cost us a TD.

14. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'll tell ya what i don't like...i don't like on 3rd down i think it was our first trip into the redzone maybe second though we have marshall wide left with only jason allen over him bess is inside of marshall and could easily have run an inward breaking route to give marshall an easy one on one against jason allen and henne comes to the los and not only never looks over there and recognizes it but never even looks that way after the snap...he looks right the whole way and i can't recall what happened but i know we didn't score or have anyone open...

there should be alarms going off when your the qb and you see b marsh against jason allen all by his lonesome in the red zone on 3rd down...hell bells should go off...YOU HAVE GOT TO GO AFTER THAT...i'll take b marsh against allen any time any day if they want to match him up one on one...and someone must have said something to henne or he saw it on the pictures on the sideline about it cause the next time we got in the red and marshall had jason allen marshall caught the ball underneath and walked allen into the endzone...

thats what i mean by taking advantage of the opportunities the defense gives you...henne needed to see that play i'm talking about and it should have registered to him you want to give me that matchup i'm gonna make you pay

15. Kdawg954

Yep, he did, it wasn't gonna be all cupcakes and ice cream after a good preseason and a solid statistical first game . . . his biggest test is this week. How he bounces back from a tough game will probably say more about Henne than we have seen in his career so far. He earned a chance with a new OC after his performance against Oakland on damn near one leg . . . but he has to show he can lead this team. Forget the pressure, forget the drops, he has gotta lead his troops into the endzone.

16. Kdawg954

it was the Marshall drop, 2 missed field goals and a momentum killing fumble by DT that ultimately broke the back. I thought Miami was gonna march it down the field and take the lead before DT fumbled. The offense was clicking.

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

henne needs to make plays in the red zone...and not go to his first read and then either check down or turtle up...and he needs to make quick decisions...and don't take damn sacks in the red zone...they kill td chances and our odds on tds in the red zone are low enough even with everything going right

18. next-year

next-year MostHated

get off henne's #$@*, once a few more games have passed you guys are going to realize that he has not changed at all, it's insane how quickly people jump on bandwagons now.

and yeah we want to have marshall to throw jumpballs to, but not fluttering ducks that are in a better position for the db to catch.

It kills me how it was ginns fault, then hennings fault, now marshalls fault, fasano can't catch, marshall runs the wrong routes (the most retarded of all arguments) we even gave henne the best player in the game for his type of passes, dumpoffs. but nothing is his fault to some people. hey a ball got batter down at the line and intercepted, THATS HIS FAULT. he gets his passes batted because he gets tunnel vision and stares down receivers like they turned into jessica alba

19. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Henne had a 40% completion percentage. What the comeback? Receivers dropping balls?

20. NY8123

Execution. : the act or process of executing : performance

The Miami Dolphins have not executed consistently on Offense or Defense in terms of limiting turnovers and producing turnovers. All these missed opportunities add up and good teams don't miss opportunities, Miami misses on a regular basis.

21. dolpns13

Great points.

22. dolpns13

They have to be strong enough to overcome mistakes. Everyone in the NFL fumbles. The good teams brush it off and are able to come back unaffected, the bad teams.. well we all saw first hand how mistakes affect bad teams.

23. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Or the sideline pass to Hartline

24. dolpns13

Was that the one that went out of bounds? I vaguely remember.

25. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I think its a pretty good analysis

26. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

Agreed but it was also Henne missing Hartline in the endzone and again on a big 3rd down play. There were a few more but I don't remember them all. I guess my only point is Henne is as much to blame as Marshall is.

27. UHHS

UHHS A True Fan

I have to agee with Kdawg on this one, that was a beautiful layed in pass. Henne goes into la la land too often. His flat passing gets batted down and it appears to me at least, when he has to put a big arc on the ball he has absolutely zero touch or depth perception. Might just be me but thats what I think is going on here. But again, that pass to Marshal was really pefection, could not have thrown it better. Hti Marshal in a bad place, the hands.

28. tazthenomad

tazthenomad FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's amazing to me what lightning rod Henne is. Even in this thread the focus is almost all on Henne instead of the defense which I believe is LAST. Maybe the offense would be farther along if we routinely got better field position or got the ball right back on 3 and outs or maybe even the special teams didn't give us the ball on the 11 yard line.

29. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

Defense would be farther along if the offense didn't turn the ball over inside the 10.

30. dolpns13

Kinda like with Romo and Dallas.. Although Henne is no where near the same league as Romo

31. NY8123

It is, was and always will be the teams fault. Marshal has had his share of **** ups. Henne is Henne and good for one or two a game, Hartline drops some ball, the line is giving up pressure, the D is horrible at creating turnovers, there is no pressure from the D-line and the TE/Slot coverage is horrible.

I blame the coaching staff - completely. These are fundamental problems not overall talent problems.