realignment anyone for it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

realignment anyone for it?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
a few years back when the NFL did some realignment it really was hard to understand why they went in the direction they did.now that the years have passed i can review what they did and still to this day scratch my head.i thought they put to much consideration in the rivalry aspect,but failed to see the new rivalries that would come to follow.
what should the divisions look like if they were to do it by location and not past rivalry.the sport is at an all time high in its popularity.why not test realignment again i think fans would travel more to see road games esp if they are closer to wear they live.i would love to see
DOLPHINS
BUCKS
JAGS
FALCONS
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE

No.

Sports is about rivalries, not geographical correctness. Plenty of good rivalries exist already. No reason to tear them all down and start over just so all of the Florida teams can be placed in the same division.

so you enjoyed playing the same team twice a year for the last 40 years.
dont you think playing teams in the same state would bring an even bigger rivalry.
even help attendance

We play the jags just about every year anyways. That hasn't done anything for our attendance but when we play at jax us dolfans in central and north florida take over jags stadium, so it does boost their attendance. As for the fins and jags rivalry , there really isn't one because there are not that many jags fans walking the earth.

I hate the alignment of the AFC East. I think it puts the Fins at a disadvantage. IMO, rivalries would develop against other teams. The Colts didn't suffer from moving out of the division.

As much as I enjoy the rivalries that we have, I am no fan of being in the same division as New England. We won't beat New England again for a long time I'm afraid. And if we have a divisional game late in the season in the cold, more often than not you can forget about it. But ultimately it'll never change. I'm fine with the division the way it is.

a few years back when the NFL did some realignment it really was hard to understand why they went in the direction they did.now that the years have passed i can review what they did and still to this day scratch my head.i thought they put to much consideration in the rivalry aspect,but failed to see the new rivalries that would come to follow.
what should the divisions look like if they were to do it by location and not past rivalry.the sport is at an all time high in its popularity.why not test realignment again i think fans would travel more to see road games esp if they are closer to wear they live.i would love to see
DOLPHINS
BUCKS
JAGS
FALCONS
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE

I wouldnt mind a realignment. It is odd that Indy was moved to the south while Miami wasnt and they are the most southern team.

I don't understand, how is it a head scratcher that they did it the way they did? Most of the big rivalries are still there and, for example, there was no reason for the Cardinals to be in the NFC East or the Saints, Panthers or Falcons in the NFC West.

One day I want to piss on the Pats like we did in the 80's. Almost there...

As much as I enjoy the rivalries that we have, I am no fan of being in the same division as New England. We won't beat New England again for a long time I'm afraid. And if we have a divisional game late in the season in the cold, more often than not you can forget about it. But ultimately it'll never change. I'm fine with the division the way it is.

Oh here we go with the playing in cold weather stuff again. Football is meant to be played in the outdoors, in all kinds of weather conditions. Many people think of it as a cold weather sport. Maybe we should just move our team and become the Toronto Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom