realistic 2010 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

realistic 2010

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Even though Mayock states Earl Thomas better than Berry, I still believe he will be available with pick 20 or 21.

Therefor, considering next year is supposedly the year for the WR, I would trade down to the Texans if possible so that they could gain CJ Spiller for their 1st and 2nd and then draft in an ideal world Earl Thomas.

With our 2a, I would trade if possible for a 1st pick in 2011, which is a draft loaded with talent especially WR

With 2b I would take Brandon Spikes.

With 3rd I would trade for Anquan Boldin.

With 4th I would consider if available A. Hernandez.

In FA I would if possible re-sign Matt Roth and also sign B. Chillar MLB. Considering Matt Roth was superb against the run as a 1st year OLB, after going through training camp as a 3/4 end, IMO, would be an ideal signing now, and then have him as a run stuffing OLB. Just think, he was pencilled in to start ahead of Taylor before his injury and considering Joey Porter had bad year he would most likely have been our No.1 OLB, not to mention Sparano is on record as saying he only went as he needed games, maybe he went with the intention of coming back. This would leave Wake and Taylor as pass rushing ends, rotating in and sticking to what they do best, as opposed to asking Taylor to bulk up like last year.

Chillar I have watched many times for Packers and Capers states that his excellent play was one of the reason they played so much 2-5-4. He is excellent against the pass and can also play OLB in 3-4.

Another move I would make is playing Langford and Starks, more at NT. On running downs I would have Solai, Langford and Starks as front 3 with Merling and Mcdaniel and a low draft pick rotating. On 2nd and 3rd downs or when Solai needs rest which would be often, I would bring in Merlin 1st Mcdaniel 2nd and move over one of Langford or Starks to NT. I would also keep Ferguson to rotate with Solai soley on running downs. This would allow Solai to be at his best, playing destructively in small bursts. I would also, with Chillar, play more 2-5-4, which Nolan has done previously.

I would release Ayodole with the sigining of Spikes and Chillar.

We would finally then have a roaming play making safety, 3 legit cover corners in Smith, Davis and Will Allen, 2/3 pass rushing OLB, Taylor, Wake and Anderson, play making MLB in Spikes which would improve Crowder, with an excellent option on passing downs with Chillar, and Torbor being a suitable backup. Front 6 of Ferguson, Solai, Merling, Starks, Mcdaniel and Langford, IMO should be a real strength, especially if Solai improves.

On offence, our running game should be TOP 5, with the addition of a pass catching TE, Q and the continued improvement of Henne, hopefully still being backed up and tutored by Penny, the only other want i would require to complete my dream 2010 offseason would be the addition of Zach Thomas on our D coaching staff:up:

I'd take Jimmy Graham in the 4th before Hernandez.

You would really have to find a team wanting a player pretty badly in this years draft to give up a 1st rounder.

Yeah, it's just impossible to predict trades when doing these.

Back
Top Bottom