Realistic Dolphins 6 round mock. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistic Dolphins 6 round mock.

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
As of right now we lack a starting FS, SOLB, carry only two OLBs and will only carry one NT for the first 8 games of the season.

FA apparently does not hold much else either and while we may be able to pull some trades there is no point factoring something that has not happened yet.

Therefor our draft would look like this if it where tohappen today.

#12 FS Earl Thomas, Texas.

We all know we need a free safety a ballhawking one preferably. Apparently we are not interested on any of the ones left on FA and I do not think this FO would hold out until after the draft to see if Ken Hamlin gets cut.

No need to talk about Thomas, we all know what he brings to the table.

#43 OLB Jerry Hughes, TCU.

4-3 teams will rate Morgan, JPP and Kindle top due to their explosiveness and good frames but I dont care much about any of them due to their stiffness and apparent uncapability to play in space. 3-4 teams looking for OLBs in the first round will go with Brandon Graham and Everson Griffen due to the fact they played for bigger programs. This leaves us as the top 3-4 team looking for a pass rusher in round 2 and we can pick anyone left.

Jerry Hughes recorded double digit sacks in each of his last 2 season in TCU , made 1st. team All-American in both and earned the Ted Hendricks award the last.

He is very fast and quick, has a great first step and is a terror off the edge. Has the fluidity and instincts for OLB. Very smart and a hard worker. He is the most OLB ready tweener in this years draft.

#72 OLB Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech.

A crowd of pass rushers will be drafted between #43 and #72 but I say Sapp, Misi and Cunningham will be taken ahead of Worilds and that can only be good for us leaving a more polished and proven Worilds slide to us at #72.

Jason made a total of 42 plays in the backfield in the last 2 years, that is a pretty good number in my opinion specially considering he had little supporting cast around him in the Hokies D-line and and was the focus of every blocking scheme.

A very quick jump off the snap, good use of hands and interesting pass rush moves, a full repertoire of them actually, he even has a punch and bull rush some DTs would envy, great leverage and will release off blocks with an explosive second effort. Good leverage and lateral step to close gaps in the running game. Great wrap up tackler who will use his whole body to bring down a player, a knack to jar the ball loose with 3 FF. Hard worker and ofetn refered to as a gym rat.

# 107 WR Scott Long, Louisville.

Woods and Long are pretty much interchangeable, we will likely reach for whichever we want most and whichever we think wont make it to this pick. They both might just make it all the way here if it wheren't because of us. I say this based on the lack of NTs after the 3rd. round and the fact we like to reach for receivers in the middle rounds.

6th rd (A) NT Al Woods, LSU.

With so many teams switching to the 3-4 NTs are at a premium Dan Williams will be gone by the mid-late first round Terrance Cody and Cam Thomas will likely be gone in the second round wile Troup will likely be gone by the third round.

Al Woods was a bit of a disapointment at LSU, specially since he was such highly recruited out of high school. But the potential is still there, untapped. His best seasons where his sophomore where he earned a starting role and seemed to be coming along but an injury plagued junior season set him back again and his senior where he recorded career high numbers but his play still left some to be desired.

At 6-3 1/2 and 309 he has a pretty good frame to keep beefing up, had a top 5 40 dash among DTs, not that it matters but it tells alot about his conditioning and athleticism, longest arms and biggest hands among DTs at 36 and 11 inches respectively. Did not lift though.

6th rd (B) TE Clay Harbor, Missouri State.

Small school prospect who many had far from draftable, an amazing workout at the combine had many scrambling for tape on him. And most like what they saw, this guy was a hero at MS leaving as all time receptions leader and third in yards.

Soft hands, crisp route runner and gives his all blocking.

A bit of a FB/TE tweener at 6-2 250. Would be brought to camp and if we see anything we like he would likely get a shot.

6th rd (C) ILB Micah Johnson, Kentucky State.

A big thumper to replace Torbor as Crowders back up. If anyone reaches for him let 'em have him but he is good value here.

I'll save us all the write up on absolutely unpredicatable 7th rounders.

Make no mistake despite the fact we would apparently not get Henne any ready made targets this draft with Woods and Long pretty much being interchangable would be BIG for the Dolphins, and this is assuming we make no moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't see Micah Johnson falling to the 6th round anymore. I would also like to see Jimmy Graham with the 3rd round pick.

I would like to see a WR in the 3rd if that is how the first two rounds went

Personally I do this following the drafting pattern we have seen from this FO. They like taking back to back players in positions they want to improve.

Our behavior cutting Porter, not tendering Moses and the fact we have heard nothing of JT yet makes believe that we are doing that with OLB this year.

We also did not pursue Scott Fujita who from all FA SOLBs would be the one we would go after any time, nor Adalius Thomas who would be much cheaper and knows Nolan.

I for one am not ready to hand Wake the starting WOLB spot until he has earned it with his hand off the ground as an every down player and we don't have a SOLB whatsoever unless you want to start Charlie Anderson there.

No way do we take WRs or TEs that early when we are still carrying the ones we have. Specially talking about Fasano, we gave the guy a 2nd rd tender.

Besides I don't think spendig a 3rd on a WR would do anything for our receiving corps this year. Who would you go with? Mike Williams from Syracuse? Carlton Mitchell? Neither of them would be ready made starters, never mind world beaters.

All Long would do would be kick Pat Turner out of the "developmental" role.

And I would't waste a pick on some one who has never started and has played only 12 college games when we have other more pressing needs. If anything I would take him in the 6th where I have Harbor except I know he won't be there.

We tendered Moses...

Harbor has been well known on draft radars for a while, they just didn't expect him to lift as well as he did, nor be as explosive. Was ona lot of AA teams after his soph year, and was a bit of a disappointment as a jr. As a senior he was steady, and played well against Arkansas in both pass catching and blocking.

Missouri State is my Alma mater for both undergrad graduate studies. Harbor came to school with his brother Cody as defensive ends, but he was quickly moved to TE.

We tendered Moses...

Harbor has been well known on draft radars for a while, they just didn't expect him to lift as well as he did, nor be as explosive. Was ona lot of AA teams after his soph year, and was a bit of a disappointment as a jr. As a senior he was steady, and played well against Arkansas in both pass catching and blocking.

Missouri State is my Alma mater for both undergrad graduate studies. Harbor came to school with his brother Cody as defensive ends, but he was quickly moved to TE.

According to this we did not.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#playe...iner-team/players-list-dropdown-team:team-mia

Also that was a nice read on MSU. and of course he was on the radar otherwise he would not have gotten a combine invitation, but he was expected to go undrafted by most.

Woods can probably be had later than the 4th. And, he's not my favorite NT prospect. I'd like to address TE a little earlier - maybe that 4th you spent on Woods. Have a feeling S. Long could be gone before the 6th - with that massive combine - but I like him as a prospect. Also, as much as I'd love Hughes in the 2nd - and I really would - I don't think he'll last.

. . .

Save for those points, I'd be terribly excited to pick up E. Thomas, J. Hughes, J. Worilds, S. Long, and M. Johnson. I like your line of thinking.

Woods can probably be had later than the 4th. And, he's not my favorite NT prospect. I'd like to address TE a little earlier - maybe that 4th you spent on Woods. Have a feeling S. Long could be gone before the 6th - with that massive combine - but I like him as a prospect. Also, as much as I'd love Hughes in the 2nd - and I really would - I don't think he'll last.

. . .

Save for those points, I'd be terribly excited to pick up E. Thomas, J. Hughes, J. Worilds, S. Long, and M. Johnson. I like your line of thinking.

Yeah. I kinda agree, thats why I say we could just swap both of those and it would still work the same. One would be a massive reach in the 4th and the other would probably be gone by the sixth. If we could use some of those sixths and sevenths to trade up to the fifth and take Long in the 4th and Woods in the 5th.

No way any TE I would care for makes it to the 4th. Pitta and Dickson will likely be gone by then while Garrett Graham is too much like Fasano in my eyes.

Perhaps I'm placing too much faith in Armando, but he says we tendered Moses at his draft round (lowest tender) just before the deadline.

He could be mistaken though.

According to that Will Allen is a F/A also which isn't true.

You are right. WTF is with nfl.com?

Still I haven't heard anything on Moses did we tender him? Even if we did I dont see him getting much of a role.

Back
Top Bottom