Realistic Offseason from this point on ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistic Offseason from this point on !

PlexGod

Starter
Reaction score
My plan would be cut bell, fasano, chris clemons and probably mcdaniels. that should save us around $10-12 mil. All guys that could be replaced.

Restructure Long, dansby, carpenter (2 mil for a kicker ?!?!) and/or starks and save us another 4-6 mil. I know we cant restructure all of them but 2 out of the four could be done.

Sign: Winston, and flynn.
Draft: If possible trade down (unless blackmon is there at 8... highly unlikely) and try to pick up an additional 2nd and 5th. Draft with the first 5 pick ( 1 late 1st, 2 second and 2 3rds) two WRS ( floyd or hill in the first round and then someone else with a third) a TE like allen or fleener in the second, a Pass rusher with a second, and a safety or other DB with a thrid.
I think that will help fill some major holes with hopefully decent to good starting talent for a while. I was thinking of trading down in the draft and sending our late 1st for wallace but we wouldnt have the money to sign him to a long term deal.

Our starting line ups would be.
QB: flynn, moore
RB: Bush, thomas
FB: Whoever.
WR: Rookie (1st rounder), Hartline, Bess, Gates and Rookie (3rd rounder)
TE: Allen/Fleener, Clay
Oline: Long, richie, pouncy, Jerry or gardner, Winston.

Dline: Odrick, Starks, Solia, Wake.... Merling and 2nd rounder rotating.
LB: Dansby, Burrnet and Misi.
CB: Vonte, smith, Marshall, wilson and carrol.
FS: Marshall or Rookie
SS Jones.
( i used Marshall twice cuz im not sure where we are going to play him)
Not a great line up but a young team that might just need good coaching and a year to gel and we could surprise alot of people. Im not saying we are going to make the playoff but i could see 7-8 wins from a team like this. Maybe more if flynn is the real deal. Lets face it if he bust we could win 3-4 games, if he shines we could win 9-10 games. It all rest on the QB shoulders. I think a D like this will still be top 12 in the league.

Its a realistic offseason. Didnt want to do one of these Mario william and manningham and flynn and trade for wallace things.

What do you guys think??? the good and the bad !!

Post what you would like to see done realistically. out of the remaining FA's and draft

I dont like the idea of cutting Fasano. He is not a pro bowler, but he catches passes real well.

I see what you are saying the problem is he is not worth the money. They are a good amount of tight ends in this league that are getting paid the same as him and produce a lot more plus we can get a good TE in this years draft that can do the same thing that he does for a quarter of the money

What do u guys think of kicking the tires on Abraham depending on what he's asking for I think it would be a good addition a d yes I know it's more money invested on the defense but with the wr pool drying up I say we use the draft to get our wr hopefully Floyd would be a good start

It all depends on how much he is looking 4 but I also would not mind taking a look at manny lawson I think for a cheap price he couldn't really help our defense and he knows the system

So far it seems there gonna be keeping Bell, which to me isnt a bad thing.
But I do want Floyd or Hill, and Fleener

Back
Top Bottom