Realistic Offseason Plan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistic Offseason Plan

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The estimated Cap space for 2013 is 48million

Let Walk---Jake Long, Sean Smith (wants 8-10 mil a year per rotoword), Fasano, Bush,

Cut- Marshall (3.4 mil cap saving), Patterson (4.6mil), Carpenter(2.7 Mil), Binns (480k), Possibly Incognito (4.3mil) without Incognito 10.3 million additional cap space.

With the cuts we have 58 million in space.

Resign--Randy Starks ( 4yr-22million) Clemons (4yr-14million) Hartline (4yr-20mil) not a penny more, McCann (2yr-2million) 15million towards cap leaving 43 million

Sign--Louis Vasquez who is a poor mans Levitre (5yr-30 mil)

Dwayne Bowe (4yr- 38mil)

Derek Cox (3yr-15 mil) he is missed 14 games in last few seasons so 5 a year is fair OR
Kennan Lewis (4yr-24 mil) either one we can get would be fine 5-6yr

Brent Grimes (1yr-5mil) After torn ACL he is gona get a 1 year deal to see if hes healthy I would even give him 3 if he would take it

Jared Cook (4yr-16million)

Thats a total of 30.5 million for free agents and 15 million for our own guys so thats 45.5 million and it takes 7.5 for draft picks so thats
53 million total. Even if im underestimating salaries a little I still have a few million left to play with. And we could also cut Cognito and
save another 4.7

Draft--#1--Jarvis Jones/Ansah/Jordan one of the top pass rushers
#2 --Justin Hunter/Hopkins
#2-- DJ Fluker/Barrett Jones
#3-- Logan Ryan
#3--Blidi Wreh Wilson
#4-Vince Williams
#5--Marqees Wilson

From all the mocks Ive seen all these players are pretty much available when our pick rolls around

I think we could actually build a team this offseason if Ireland gets the right guys in place and spends the money and drafts well. We have a ton of cash to spend and good free agents out there.

Bowe drops alot of passes. Would much rather Wallace, who adds much needed speed. I would also like Jermichael Finley.

Looks pretty good. I think Bowe would be worth it if he'd accept less $$. Not sure I see that happening though. We would really have to hit with a rookie burner at WR though. I don't picture Bowe as a blow the top off the D type, but he was extremely productive in an awful situation in KC.

Brian hartline is a poor mans version of Laurent robinson. The guy has 6 tds in 4 seasons. If you want to add playmakers then don't resign average football players to overwhelming contracts. He is a certified number 3 or 4 receiver. Maybe in this offseason Miami can add boldin and Wallace. Boldin is a stop gap guy until we can develop someone I.e. Richard Matthews. We need to draft a receiver in the first 3 rounds.. When parcells took over he put in some stop gap pieces like furgeson. You need to lay a foundation that will get you time to develop players. If we go at this offseason and only add one receiver, bring back hartline, and we bring back fasano then this offseason is a loss. No more average to solid football players. 49ers have the right philosophy and added stop gaps like moss.

Brian hartline is a poor mans version of Laurent robinson. The guy has 6 tds in 4 seasons. If you want to add playmakers then don't resign average football players to overwhelming contracts. He is a certified number 3 or 4 receiver. Maybe in this offseason Miami can add boldin and Wallace. Boldin is a stop gap guy until we can develop someone I.e. Richard Matthews. We need to draft a receiver in the first 3 rounds.. When parcells took over he put in some stop gap pieces like furgeson. You need to lay a foundation that will get you time to develop players. If we go at this offseason and only add one receiver, bring back hartline, and we bring back fasano then this offseason is a loss. No more average to solid football players. 49ers have the right philosophy and added stop gaps like moss.

This^^^^^

The love for Hartline is mind boggling.

I agree we can't overpay average players. Totally, totally agree. But as to Hartline he was productive as essentially Miami's #1 guy. We know Hartline's not a #1 guy, but pair him with a true #1 and he's a guy I want on my team. Again, I wouldn't overpay. But I think he is a solid #2.

I agree we can't overpay average players. Totally, totally agree. But as to Hartline he was productive as essentially Miami's #1 guy. We know Hartline's not a #1 guy, but pair him with a true #1 and he's a guy I want on my team. Again, I wouldn't overpay. But I think he is a solid #2.

SOLID #2s have more than 2 tds in the past 42 games
Heck,we gave him the #1 wr position and he produced 1 td in 16 games

Back
Top Bottom