Realistic Options at ILB Moving Forward? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistic Options at ILB Moving Forward?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We still don't know the extent of RM's injury, but assuming it's an ACL tear, what are the realistic options on the table right now? I've been hearing T. Bulloch, R. Mualaga etc. Given our current salary cap situation, who can we legitimately bring in? Let's get everything out on the table.

Not sure if our d. coordinator knew malulaga from cincy or whatever but if he does know that may be ok i guess

I don't think we can just go with the guys we have. What happens if we suffer another injury? I think we've got to sign at least one, maybe two of the veterans out there. I know we've got a limited amount of cap space left, but I would bring in Maualuga (sp?) and another veteran LB (Is Tulloch done?). Mauluga has a relationship with our Matt Burke.

What exactly is our salary cap situation post-Cutler? I feel like we were sitting pretty at like 16-18mil prior to that but not sure if it counts Misi retiring or not. What about the players beyond the top 53? Do they count towards that cap number?

I think we need to make a move but not necessarily for a beat up vet. Maybe we get lucky and score a LB from another teams cuts when they move down to 53

I know we made the logical decision at the time, but I can't get this thought out of my head. We could have had Davis Harris for peanuts.

Counting on Misi is a mirage. Investing in an older veteran like Timmons is dicey. Kiko has a history of injuries. Just think how we might feel today if we had acquired Harris and let Misi go?

our FO love to have players with injury history. We're gonna have to roll with what we got. We can't blow the cap anymore

Ozzy rules!!

We still don't know the extent of RM's injury, but assuming it's an ACL tear, what are the realistic options on the table right now? I've been hearing T. Bulloch, R. Mualaga etc. Given our current salary cap situation, who can we legitimately bring in? Let's get everything out on the table.

Trade a late round pick for Mychal Kendricks (Eagles OLB) and move Timmons to MLB.

Eagles SLB Mychal Kendricks said he asked the team to trade or release him back in January.
The Eagles declined Kendricks' request. Kendricks doesn't have much of a role in DC Jim Schwartz's defense as the third linebacker. Perhaps the Eagles are holding onto Kendricks in the event WLB Nigel Bradham is suspended following his July 4 battery charge settlement. Jul 28 - 11:04 AM

Not a ton of options out there and Redskins lost a LB also..

What exactly is our salary cap situation post-Cutler? I feel like we were sitting pretty at like 16-18mil prior to that but not sure if it counts Misi retiring or not. What about the players beyond the top 53? Do they count towards that cap number?

I think we need to make a move but not necessarily for a beat up vet. Maybe we get lucky and score a LB from another teams cuts when they move down to 53

5.7 million left now. Tannehill is the top cap hit at 20.3 million and he isn't even going to play. Stinks.

Back
Top Bottom