Realists Vs. Homers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realists Vs. Homers

iam sure most of us consider and are intelligent enough to view themselves as being both...i know i do. I can discern with my eyes and feelings most of the time.

I love people who think they know more, and look down on others because they think they know more. Let's take a guy who can smell and taste a sip of wine and tell you what it is and what year. Now, lets take a guy who just really likes wine and can speak with knowledge on what wines he likes. Neither guy is a homer if he talks about wine. Your post seems very opinionated, and seems to belittle someone who just likes to watch the game and cheer for their team. It's a game, it is meant to be enjoyed by all shapes, sizes, and ages, regardless of indepth knowledge of the X's and O's. We could have 3 yards of total offense, 10 turnovers, and play absolutely the worst game statistically and I can still enjoy it as long as we win. Ya, I will gripe about what I feel we need to change, but that is what this sight is for. So fans of all knowledge level can post about their favorite team. That is great that you study the game to so much depth if that is what makes you happy. However, don't think you are better or even correct because you think you have more knowledge than the other guy, because if you know anything you know football is not an exact sport. That's how the Tom Brady's and Zach Thomas' fall so far in the draft. I respect everyones opininion on here, but will argue if I don't agree. That doesn't mean I think the other guy is an idiot, we just don't agree. Bottom line is everyone has an opinion, regardless of the knowledge behind it, and should not be called an idiot because it isn't on line with yours. Go Phins!

Thats a great comparason or how about "I like TO and those that dont- are not knowledgeable", then call him on that and you have proved his point and nothing needs debated because...

You do not like TO so therefore you are not knowledgeable enough to hold that debate.

Yeah, OP, I get pissed off too when Miami fans get excited. How dare they?

Sorry this post sucks. I love the fins, and I have an understanding of the game and a love for pure athleticism. I'm a homer, and I know enough, but I don't know everything. Nor do I claim to, or want to. I have more important things to do in my life than scrutinize every NFL players weekly performance so that I can call myself an NFL "realist" on an internet message board. The NFL is fun to watch and it's fun to talk about, it's not my career, it's not my life, it's not my family. It's my hobby, and when I become arrogant about my hobby, it ceases to become a hobby and I become an elitist. This post is elitist.

All very good points. I think we got off on the wrong foot. Because I am very much a realist too.

But most importantly. You may Think you are some kind of a football guru. Truth is, if you really were you would be on ESPN or actually make good arguments instead of "Cassel threw 400yards last game , he is a GREAT QB." and I respond, One good game does not make someone a Great QB. It takes multiple Great games. He is however a good QB for how inexperienced he is. Still none-the-less a rookie QB who is no Tom Brady no matter how much you may want him to be.

Fact of the matter is that i never said he's great. I implied that he is a very real threat that people are downplaying. You also said i made him out to be a "God" in another post, which i never did. But yeah we probably did get off on the wrong foot, i'm adversarial but i never hold grudges so dont take my analishness personally.

You may Think you are some kind of a football guru. Truth is, if you really were you would be on ESPN

Since when do you have to be a sports guru to work at ESPN? All they get paid to do is say "Red sox and Yankees", "Yankees and Red Sox", "Brett Favre", and "Lebron is great."

If people choose to only care about their home team that doesn't make them a horrible person.

I love people who think they know more, and look down on others because they think they know more. Let's take a guy who can smell and taste a sip of wine and tell you what it is and what year. Now, lets take a guy who just really likes wine and can speak with knowledge on what wines he likes. Neither guy is a homer if he talks about wine. Your post seems very opinionated, and seems to belittle someone who just likes to watch the game and cheer for their team. It's a game, it is meant to be enjoyed by all shapes, sizes, and ages, regardless of indepth knowledge of the X's and O's. We could have 3 yards of total offense, 10 turnovers, and play absolutely the worst game statistically and I can still enjoy it as long as we win. Ya, I will gripe about what I feel we need to change, but that is what this sight is for. So fans of all knowledge level can post about their favorite team. That is great that you study the game to so much depth if that is what makes you happy. However, don't think you are better or even correct because you think you have more knowledge than the other guy, because if you know anything you know football is not an exact sport. That's how the Tom Brady's and Zach Thomas' fall so far in the draft. I respect everyones opininion on here, but will argue if I don't agree. That doesn't mean I think the other guy is an idiot, we just don't agree. Bottom line is everyone has an opinion, regardless of the knowledge behind it, and should not be called an idiot because it isn't on line with yours. Go Phins!

I wanted to draw attention to this post again, after rereading it I realized it deserved a bit more than just a thanks. Its right on the mark

I am a Phin fan first, doesn't matter if we are an Undefeated Super Bowl Champion or 1 over time slant pattern away from a winnless season. If that makes me a homer, so be it!

Since when do you have to be a sports guru to work at ESPN? All they get paid to do is say "Red sox and Yankees", "Yankees and Red Sox", "Brett Favre", and "Lebron is great."

If people choose to only care about their home team that doesn't make them a horrible person.

No one said it did. I'm just trying to discern between valid opinions and super bias, which is somthing i feel is important to you because of what you said about ESPN.

If that's part of earning your paycheck at ESPN, then Skip Bayless should've been a fired a loooong time ago.

is it possible to be a homer realist or a realistic homer lol

Get over yourself, buddy. Just watch the games and enjoy it if you're such a football fan.

You should've kept this post in the thread it was posted.

We all root for the Dolphins here, and who are you to say what kind of fan someone is according to their knowledge of the game? Just because someone doesn't know as much as you claim to know about the game doesn't mean they can't contribute. Some people have lives, jobs or circumstances that prevent them from keeping up with the Phins like they want. If you can't handle reading opinions you don't agree with then I think you should leave the internet.

is it possible to be a homer realist or a realistic homer lol

Homer is a term that is affiliated with people that dont care what reality is, they will talk their guys up no matter what and talk down the rest of the world no matter what. It's why i have a hard time taking them seriously when they have somthing to say.

Realist is somone that strives to get away from bias. Thats simply what i'm trying to say. Between the time that i created this post and went to get some food and come back, Homers were foaming at the mouth and baby i'm loving it.

Back
Top Bottom