Realists Vs. Homers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realists Vs. Homers

Yeah, OP, I get pissed off too when Miami fans get excited. How dare they?

Get as excited as you want my friend. Just keep in mind that during your excitement, if you say somthing like, and i'm not saying you will but the HOMERS know what i'm screaming, "Ginn is the next Jerry Rice" people are gonna have fun with you and no not in a good way :-)

No one said it did. I'm just trying to discern between valid opinions and super bias, which is somthing i feel is important to you because of what you said about ESPN.

If a national broadcaster comes off as a homer it can be annoying. If Joe Schmo comes off as a homer, I really don't give a damn.

Homer is a term that is affiliated with people that dont care what reality is, they will talk their guys up no matter what and talk down the rest of the world no matter what. It's why i have a hard time taking them seriously when they have somthing to say.

Realist is somone that strives to get away from bias. Thats simply what i'm trying to say. Between the time that i created this post and went to get some food and come back, Homers were foaming at the mouth and baby i'm loving it.

Here is where I think you need to realise something. Everybody's reality is drastically different. People's reality is as different as their opinions.

Wow, for a "fan of football before a fan of the Dolphins", that is a real stupid sig bro (no offense). I was feeling your post, but then when I saw the sig it kind of ruined it.

I love football, like most people on this forum do, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to talk bad about other teams. Everyone has their own opinion, and you are against the wrong ones...but with all due respect, it is still their opinion. They are entitled to it, however wrong or boneheaded it may be. Let them speak, you speak, and we will continue having interesting and heated discussions on here.

The fact is that people can love a team, but that doesn't mean that they have to follow every other football team and know everything about it. I am not one of them, but there are people out there that just cheer for the Dolphins and know nothing else about the other teams or the rest of the league. Let them cheer, who cares what their football IQ is? After all in the end aren't we all here to support the Fins?

GO MIAMI!!!!!!

Dude you can talk as bad as you want about anybody you want. Just as long as it has a factual basis. Like i know there are soooo many people out there that hate brady or hate quinn because they arent wearing our uniforms. THATS the stuff i'm getting at.

And its cool, i know that marijuana bothers alot of people, especially when me one of our players enjoy it as much as we do :-)

But if drugs in a professional enviornment are an issue.....you realize whos in your avatar right?

Wow, for a "fan of football before a fan of the Dolphins", that is a real stupid sig bro (no offense). I was feeling your post, but then when I saw the sig it kind of ruined it.

I love football, like most people on this forum do, but that doesn't mean that I don't get to talk bad about other teams. Everyone has their own opinion, and you are against the wrong ones...but with all due respect, it is still their opinion. They are entitled to it, however wrong or boneheaded it may be. Let them speak, you speak, and we will continue having interesting and heated discussions on here.

The fact is that people can love a team, but that doesn't mean that they have to follow every other football team and know everything about it. I am not one of them, but there are people out there that just cheer for the Dolphins and know nothing else about the other teams or the rest of the league. Let them cheer, who cares what their football IQ is? After all in the end aren't we all here to support the Fins?

GO MIAMI!!!!!!

Dude you can be mad at another team/our team/the president, i'm not here to tell you how to think. I'm just here to remind people that they sound really dumb whenever they jump on somone's jock and get mad when somone calls them on it.

and yeah, its cool man i understand that alot of people are offended by my sig pic.

But if drugs in a professional enviornment are an issue.....you do realize whos in your avatar right?

Here is where I think you need to realise something. Everybody's reality is drastically different. People's reality is as different as their opinions.

Your right. Because in my world, an object that falls during free fall accellerates at 9.8 meters/second. The world is round, and it revolves around the sun. 1 + 1 always = 2, and your attempt to validate anyone that can run their mouth has failed. Thanks!

I could swear that in one of my other posts you commented about how happy you are that Dan Marino doesn't play for the Miami Dolphins anymore, the greatest player that this franchise has ever known. I'll have to go back and check my earlier posts Mr. Football Fan.;)

Dude you can be mad at another team/our team/the president, i'm not here to tell you how to think. I'm just here to remind people that they sound really dumb whenever they jump on somone's jock and get mad when somone calls them on it.

and yeah, its cool man i understand that alot of people are offended by my sig pic.

But if drugs in a professional enviornment are an issue.....you do realize whos in your avatar right?

you do know you are talking extreme, sure the most extreme homer(as you label it) sounds a little less knowledgeable but at the same time an extreme realist (as you label it) sounds every bit as much as bad as the former.

The funny thing is while you are laughing at them- they are laughing at you. (while you have half the crowd on your side, the other half is on theirs)

See where I am going? Its based on perspective, I think thats where 67stang is coming from (correct me if I am wrong)

I think its good to have all kinds of different fans. I wouldnt want someone that was JUST like me. You want someone that opposes your opinion, I think it makes you better fans in the long run. When you step down off your soapbox, maybe you'll see the same thing.

you do know you are talking extreme, sure the most extreme homer(as you label it) sounds a little less knowledgeable but at the same time an extreme realist (as you label it) sounds every bit as much as bad as the former.

The funny thing is while you are laughing at them- they are laughing at you. (while you have half the crowd on your side, the other half is on theirs)

See where I am going? Its based on perspective, I think thats where 67stang is coming from (correct me if I am wrong)

One of the greatest lyrical lines every written is from an ancient Paul Simon album song title: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor." Says and explains it all very graphically!

n149ky-1.jpg

Your right. Because in my world, an object that falls during free fall accellerates at 9.8 meters/second. The world is round, and it revolves around the sun. 1 + 1 always = 2, and your attempt to validate anyone that can run their mouth has failed. Thanks!

Ya also Dr. Spock you can get struck by lightening, hit by a car while checking your mail, be diagnosed with cancer, be selected for jury duty, and all sorts of random stuff that exists everyday out side your vacuum.:up:

I like to define myself as both a die hard homer and a real fan that knows the game. I should I coach X's and O's. However, I devote myself to the Fins and the GA Dawgs and love them both unconditionally. In fact, i love them more when we are not doing so good. In my warped world i feel that's when they need my love the most.

Sure I can enjoy any game played by any team on any day. But I love watching my dawgs and my fins and I could care less if we were 0-16......My team is always better than yours and noone could make me say or accept anything different.

That was excellent! You have got to give me permission to use that bro. I mean I don't agree completely with your initial post....but I love this post here.

You should add a simple swear word in the end. Like "female dog!" twice as nice.

Back
Top Bottom