Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

It's so sad that all some Miami fans have is offering excuses about why the Jets are a top team.

It's so sad that all some Miami fans have is offering excuses about why the Jets are a top team.

When someone keeps shouting empty, meaningless bull**** all the time, it gets old eventually,and sensible people will just tune it out.

"The Jets get all the lucky breaks ... the Jets haven't beaten anyone good ... The ref missed the call ... Sanchez sucks" ... etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97f5h5YSHxA&feature=fvwrel

When someone keeps shouting empty, meaningless bull**** all the time, it gets old eventually,and sensible people will just tune it out.

"The Jets get all the lucky breaks ... the Jets haven't beaten anyone good ... The ref missed the call ... Sanchez sucks" ... etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97f5h5YSHxA&feature=fvwrel

If the shoe fits...... :up:

Why is the truth meaningless? I understand our view of how good or bad we think the Jets are will be very different and is hard to prove either way, but saying the Jets have not beaten anyone that is good is not meaningless. It is the truth.

HEY EVERYBODY ... don't be fooled by Green Bay's 8-0 record. they're really not that good. they beat 5 bad teams and only beat 3 teams with winning records ... Chicago, Atlanta and New Orleans ... but those teams aren't any good either ...

Chicago only beat ONE team with a winning record ... Atlanta ... but that doesnt count becuase Atlanta really sucks anyway ... because THEY only beat one team with a winning record. so how can Chicago be good if the only "good" team they beat, isn't even good??

New Orleans only beat two teams with winning records ... Houston and Chicago ... but Chicago doesnt count, because i already proved that they're not good ... because they only beat Atlanta ... who really isnt good because they only beat Detriot plus four losing teams. Plus, New Orleans lost to the Rams!

so like i said ... Green Bay really isn't that good ... because they haven't beaten anybody who's good ... unless you consider Chicago, Atlanta and New Orleans good teams ... but you can't because I already showed you that they weren't good ... because 99% of the teams they beat we're bad.

Wow ... if Green Bay isn't good, and they're 8-0 I guess nobody is good.

Hey ... these are facts I'm giving you. if I said something that isn't true, tell me.
sorry but that's how it works ... if you don't believe me, just ask The New Guy.

HEY EVERYBODY ... don't be fooled by Green Bay's 8-0 record. they're really not that good. they beat 5 bad teams and only beat 3 teams with winning records ... Chicago, Atlanta and New Orleans ... but those teams aren't any good either ...

Chicago only beat ONE team with a winning record ... Atlanta ... but that doesnt count becuase Atlanta really sucks anyway ... because THEY only beat one team with a winning record. so how can Chicago be good if the only "good" team they beat, isn't even good??

New Orleans only beat two teams with winning records ... Houston and Chicago ... but Chicago doesnt count, because i already proved that they're not good ... because they only beat Atlanta ... who really isnt good because they only beat Detriot plus four losing teams ...

so like i said ... Green Bay really isn't that good ... because they haven't beaten anybody who's good ... unless you consider Chicago, Atlanta and New Orleans good ... but you can't because I already showed you that they weren't good ... because 99% of the teams they beat we're bad.

so if Green Bay isn't good, and they're 8-0 I guess nobody is good.

Hey ... these are facts I'm giving you. if I said something that isn't true, tell me.
sorry but that's how it works ... if you don't believe me, just ask The New Guy.

It doesn't really matter who you beat when you are undefeated. It does when you are 5-3. You stated facts and then followed them with an opinion. I may not agree with your opinion, but I am not going to try and dispute the facts. Some of those teams you mentioned, I don't think are that good. I don't just base my opinion on facts, I also go by what I see.

I never said the Jets are a bad team, and I never disagreed that they could potentially win 10 games with the schedule they have. My opinion is that the Jets offense is not playing well, and 3 wins against bad and average teams (Mia, SD, Buff) doesn't change my mind. If the offense doesn't improve, I think they are going to lose some games when the D and special teams don't provide the big play like they have been. The wins against Dal, and SD are 2 examples. I understand that this is a team game, but I just don't think you can keep expecting game changing plays from the D and special teams, when facing tougher competition.

why hasn't this thread been stickied yet?

Where are all the Pats fans? It is too quiet for Jets week. Think the Jets can make it 3 losses in a row for NE? I don't, but I hope so.

Where are all the Pats fans? It is too quiet for Jets week. Think the Jets can make it 3 losses in a row for NE? I don't, but I hope so.

I personally like having the sunday night game be such a high-stakes matchup.

the Pats haven't played well the past 2 weeks. Against the Steelers the defense didn't show up and against the G-men the offense didn't show up. I'm not worried about the team going forward but sunday night's going to be tough.

Edwards > Burress
Cotchery > Kerley
Richardson > Conner
Woody > Hunter

1. Burress > Edwards
2. Kerley > Cotchery
3. Conner > Richardson
4. Hunter > Woody

Lets discuss.

1. Edwards, 4 games, 10 rec, 120 yards, 22 TDs(not really)
Burress, 8 games, 23 rec, 322 yards, 5 TDs.

With twice as many games, a rusty Burress has outplayed Edwards by almost three times in yardage and is on pace for a 10 TD season. Edwards is on pace for a 0 TD season. You can give me all the bs excuses such as Edwards is on a new team bla bla bla and I'll give u the same excuse for Burress.

2. Cotchery: 6 games, 4 rec, 54 yards, 0 TD
Kerley: 4 games, 13 rec, 105 yards, 1 TD

Cotchery injured? Yes, for a few games but has been active for 6. Has been non existent in Pittsburgh. I don't care what the depth is like over there, Kerley was burried for 4 wks in depth chart under Holmes, Edwards, and Mason. He played on ST for the first 4 weeks. He is a 7th round rookie. A 7th round rookie has played really well as a slot receiver in the last 4 games he stepped in for Mason.

3. Richardson is 39 and retired. He was good when he was here. There's a reason why Jets let him go and trust me, it wasn't because he demanded a huge contract. Conner is young, much faster, and can pancake blocks. This was in 2010 when we actually saw the training camp and the Hard Knocks. Now he has improved Im assuming. Even in his rookie season, there were whispers whether he should replace Richardson this year or the next.

4. Woody is also retired. He was getting very old and was the weakest link on the OL. His pass protection was very suspect. He also happened to have an off season back surgery if I remember correctly, and that doesn't bode too well for a 34 year old tackle. Hunter started off slowly and is now playing at a very good level. Cameron Wake went at him the entire game and came out with two tackles and hands full of dirt.

Anyways, who do you think will win between the Patriots and the Jets? Who do you think will win the division and what do you predict the Jets record would be?

Please don't give me the BS where you state Jets can win if they do this this and that. Just a simple prediction, so I can burn it down once you are proven wrong. You seem to jump on other people's predictions very quickly and always contradict on your own prediction with in the same sentence such as: Jets can go 6-3 in the next 9 games, but I can also seem them at 5-4 or even 4-5. Thats not a prediction. Man up and tell us exactly what you expect out of the Jets team and their offense. Do you think this Jets offense will stink against Patriots? Or do you give another prediction such as "Jets offense can play good but thats because they will be playing against Patriots D. But if they turn it over a couple of times, I can see them crashing down with 200 total yards."...

Man up New Guy, I will give u a taste of your own medicine. (and please don't quote your opinions to be facts. Calling a 4-4 KC team terrible is not a fact, its an opinion I would tend to agree with too.) Learn the difference between Fact and opinion first.

1. Burress > Edwards
2. Kerley > Cotchery
3. Conner > Richardson
4. Hunter > Woody

Edwards > Burress.

All you need to know is that Burress is 34 and Edwards is 28. It doesn't matter what Edwards is doing in SF. What he would have done in NY is the only thing that matters. Burress' receiving yards are pedestrian, and he more than doubled his TD production in 1 game. He is a good redzone target, but he is not explosive like Edwards was and can't stretch the field. The Jets didn't sign Burress because they thought he was an upgrade to Edwards.

Kerley and Cotchery:

Kerley is young and has shown potential to be better than Cotchery was. I don't think you can say he is better than Cotch was after just 4 games. Cotch made big plays for NY last season. Cotch was the Jets leading receiver (only comparing WRs) in the playoffs in 09, and the 2nd leading receiver in 10.

Richardson and Woody:

Both of those guys are retired, so obviously the Jets had to do something. You can't fault the Jets for that, as moves had to be made. That does not mean that the players that replaced them are playing as well as they did in the past. I personally don't think Conner is playing as well as Richardson did, or Hunter is as good as Woody was, but the Jets really didn't have a choice.

Please don't give me the BS where you state Jets can win if they do this this and that. Just a simple prediction, so I can burn it down once you are proven wrong. You seem to jump on other people's predictions very quickly and always contradict on your own prediction with in the same sentence such as: Jets can go 6-3 in the next 9 games, but I can also seem them at 5-4 or even 4-5. Thats not a prediction. Man up and tell us exactly what you expect out of the Jets team and their offense. Do you think this Jets offense will stink against Patriots? Or do you give another prediction such as "Jets offense can play good but thats because they will be playing against Patriots D. But if they turn it over a couple of times, I can see them crashing down with 200 total yards."...

I like to deal with the facts, and the facts are things can change. Just becasue a team is playing bad does not mean that they will continue to play bad the rest of the season. You so badly want a prediction from me so you can prove me wrong, but no one can predict the future. They are just opinions. My opinions are not facts. Hints the g*y smiley (as you like to call them) after I made that statement.

If you want my opinion, I'll give it to you. What you call good offense is very different from what I call good offense. I don't just go by how many points are on the scoreboard, I watch them play. NE D is allowing more points than Buff is, so The Jets should be able to put points on the board. This game will ride on the Jets D. I think NE wins it. Even if the Jets win this game, I don't think they will win the division. NE has the exact same schedule as the Jets with the exception of 1 game. The Pats have Indy at home, and the Jets have NYG. I think the Jets are more likely to lose a game they should win than the Pats are. I think the Jets will win 10 games, and NE will win 11.

Man up New Guy, I will give u a taste of your own medicine. (and please don't quote your opinions to be facts. Calling a 4-4 KC team terrible is not a fact, its an opinion I would tend to agree with too.) Learn the difference between Fact and opinion first.

I think I am the only one that does know the difference between an opinion and a fact. I will dispute opinions, but never the facts.

Edwards > Burress.

All you need to know is that Burress is 34 and Edwards is 28. It doesn't matter what Edwards is doing in SF. What he would have done in NY is the only thing that matters. Burress' receiving yards are pedestrian, and he more than doubled his TD production in 1 game. He is a good redzone target, but he is not explosive like Edwards was and can't stretch the field. The Jets didn't sign Burress because they thought he was an upgrade to Edwards.

I thought Sanchez was a bust and Alex Smith is better than Sanchez? Why does it matter then? SF has a good OL as well. Burress' receiving yards are pedestrian but thats because he was rusty. He is getting better incase you missed some football lately. Edwards is different type of receiver. He's explosive. Burress isn't. That doesn't mean Burress is not better than Edwards. Burress has outplayed Edwards and thats what matters to me.

Kerley and Cotchery:

Kerley is young and has shown potential to be better than Cotchery was. I don't think you can say he is better than Cotch was after just 4 games. Cotch made big plays for NY last season. Cotch was the Jets leading receiver (only comparing WRs) in the playoffs in 09, and the 2nd leading receiver in 10.

41 rec in 14 games last year for 433 yards. That back surgery hasn't helped Cotch either. Kerley is on pace to match that production over the course of a season. And please don't compare 3-game stretches and pronounce him the best.

Richardson and Woody:

Both of those guys are retired, so obviously the Jets had to do something. You can't fault the Jets for that, as moves had to be made. That does not mean that the players that replaced them are playing as well as they did in the past. I personally don't think Conner is playing as well as Richardson did, or Hunter is as good as Woody was, but the Jets really didn't have a choice.

Yes they did. Jets released Woody while still under contract. He was injured and could not produce at a high level anymore. They saw what Hunter brought to the table in the playoffs. There's a reason why Woody retired after his release. He knew no one would offer anything meaningful to him. TRich was getting old and slow. He wasn't playing the QB position where u can play until you are 40. He was playing the FB position where 39 is very old. Jets drafted Conner to replace TRich and after the 2010 season, Jets didn't feel like keeping TRich cuz they found his replacement.

I like to deal with the facts, and the facts are things can change. Just becasue a team is playing bad does not mean that they will continue to play bad the rest of the season. You so badly want a prediction from me so you can prove me wrong, but no one can predict the future. They are just opinions. My opinions are not facts. Hints the g*y smiley (as you like to call them) after I made that statement.

lol, lets be a little more consistent. You claimed that your opinions are pretty much a fact.

If you want my opinion, I'll give it to you. What you call good offense is very different from what I call good offense. I don't just go by how many points are on the scoreboard, I watch them play. NE D is allowing more points than Buff is, so The Jets should be able to put points on the board. This game will ride on the Jets D. I think NE wins it. Even if the Jets win this game, I don't think they will win the division. NE has the exact same schedule as the Jets with the exception of 1 game. The Pats have Indy at home, and the Jets have NYG. I think the Jets are more likely to lose a game they should win than the Pats are. I think the Jets will win 10 games, and NE will win 11.

We will see then.

I think I am the only one that does know the difference between an opinion and a fact. I will dispute opinions, but never the facts.

Calling a 4-4 team a bad team is not a fact. Calling an offense good or bad is ALWAYS an opinion.

I thought Sanchez was a bust and Alex Smith is better than Sanchez? Why does it matter then? SF has a good OL as well. Burress' receiving yards are pedestrian but thats because he was rusty. He is getting better incase you missed some football lately. Edwards is different type of receiver. He's explosive. Burress isn't. That doesn't mean Burress is not better than Edwards. Burress has outplayed Edwards and thats what matters to me.

I think you must be the only guy that would take Burress over Edwards.

Including the playoffs, Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery combined for 2,520 yards 19TDs. Even with 4 more games to play this year (no suspension for Holmes) I doubt that Holmes, Kerley and Burress come close to that. When you have an explosive receiver, it opens things up for other players. I will take Edwards over Burress 10 out of 10 times. If Burress was 28, it might be a different story.

lol, lets be a little more consistent. You claimed that your opinions are pretty much a fact.

Seriously? You refer to me as a kid, yet I feel like that is exactly what I am dealing with when I debate you.

Calling a 4-4 team a bad team is not a fact. Calling an offense good or bad is ALWAYS an opinion.

There is a quote button for a reason. Please use it! I never said calling a 4-4 team bad is a fact. I don't know what you would call them at that point, but good is not one of my options. If you are 4-4 and have struggled and lost to bad teams, you are not playing good.

Calling an offense good or bad is not always just an opinion.

I think you must be the only guy that would take Burress over Edwards.

Including the playoffs, Edwards, Holmes, and Cotchery combined for 2,520 yards 19TDs. Even with 4 more games to play this year (no suspension for Holmes) I doubt that Holmes, Kerley and Burress come close to that. When you have an explosive receiver, it opens things up for other players. I will take Edwards over Burress 10 out of 10 times. If Burress was 28, it might be a different story.

I thought u dealt with facts? Fact is, a rusty Burress has outplayed a young Edwards this year. What happened last does not make a difference this year. Edwards has been sh*t in SF. Hasn't had any impact play yet and he was on a one year prove it deal. Don't like facts anymore?

Seriously? You refer to me as a kid, yet I feel like that is exactly what I am dealing with when I debate you.

Seriously what? I pointed you out where u said your opinions are pretty much facts. Whats childish about that? That I keep pointing you out with ur childish posts?

There is a quote button for a reason. Please use it! I never said calling a 4-4 team bad is a fact. I don't know what you would call them at that point, but good is not one of my options. If you are 4-4 and have struggled and lost to bad teams, you are not playing good.

Calling an offense good or bad is not always just an opinion.

I will find ur quote in a minute since you so badly want it here. And calling an offense good or bad is ALWAYS an opinion because what might be a good offense according to you, can be an average offense according to someone else. Wrong again.

That is not a fact, but just my opinion. They are pretty much close to being the same thing though.

Here's one post...I can't find the other where you said SD is an average team and KC(Im pretty sure it was KC) is a bad team and claimed it a fact. I'll quote if I come across it, unless u changed it.

I thought u dealt with facts? Fact is, a rusty Burress has outplayed a young Edwards this year. What happened last does not make a difference this year. Edwards has been sh*t in SF. Hasn't had any impact play yet and he was on a one year prove it deal. Don't like facts anymore?

Yes, the fact is Burress (who has played in all 8 games) has better stats than Edwards. When you compare a free agent signing, you want it to be an upgrade over what you replaced. Just because the guy you replaced has a bad season with a new team does not mean that the guy you signed was an upgrade. You want the guy you signed to produce at least as good as the guy you replaced did the year before. How Edwards plays in SF has nothing to do with it.

Seriously what? I pointed you out where u said your opinions are pretty much facts. Whats childish about that? That I keep pointing you out with ur childish posts?

You believing that I actually think my opinions are facts is childish. I already told you they are not, which would give most adults a clue that I was being sarcastic. The other clue was the big blue smiley face after I made that statement.
>>>>>>:D<<<<<<< Instead of getting that like most people, you reply:

You are so eager to try and prove me wrong that you totally ignore the obvious.

calling an offense good or bad is ALWAYS an opinion because what might be a good offense according to you, can be an average offense according to someone else. Wrong again.

An offense can't be great and average at the same time. You may think an offense is good, and I might think an offense is average. One of us is right, and one of us is wrong, or we are both wrong, but both of us can't be right. So, someone's opinion can also be a fact.

Here's one post...I can't find the other where you said SD is an average team and KC(Im pretty sure it was KC) is a bad team and claimed it a fact. I'll quote if I come across it, unless u changed it.

SD is an average team. I haven't changed anything. You however, changed my quote by deleting the blue smiley that was at the end of it. Good job! :up:

Yes, the fact is Burress (who has played in all 8 games) has better stats than Edwards. When you compare a free agent signing, you want it to be an upgrade over what you replaced. Just because the guy you replaced has a bad season with a new team does not mean that the guy you signed was an upgrade. You want the guy you signed to produce at least as good as the guy you replaced did the year before. How Edwards plays in SF has nothing to do with it.

Not always. Sometimes u let a player go and pick up a cheaper option. Edwards lost tons of value after his off the field issue yet again, but Jets had already let him go by then.

Right now, Burress > Edwards until proven otherwise.

You really believe that I think my opinions are facts? I already told you they are not, which would give most adults a clue that I was being sarcastic. The other clue was the big blue smiley face after I made that statement. Instead of getting that, you say:

You didn't like me quoting that I guess. You keep bragging about facts that have no meaning. Drive summaries have no meaning how an offense performs, yet u continue to satisfy yourself by saying ur presents facts. That is so dumb, I wouldn't doubt u claim ur opinions to be facts especially after u said it yourself.

You are so eager to try and prove me wrong that you totally ignore the obvious.

I ignore a lot of ur posts just cuz they too childish.

An offense can't be good and average at the same time. You may think an offense is good, and I might think an offense is average. One of us is right, and one of us is wrong, or we are both wrong, but both of us can't be right. So, someone's opinion can also be a fact.

Again, what is average to you, may be good for someone else. It depends what each person sets a criteria for being good, average, and bad. Maybe one defines a good offense that doesn't turn the ball over, while someone else defines one that can score 30 points a game regardless of how many turnovers they had. Its never a fact, always an opinion.

SD is an average team. I haven't changed anything. You however, changed my quote by deleting the blue smiley that was at the end of it.

I didn't change ur quote. Told u Im not a huge g*y smiley face fan. U said it somewhere SD is an average team and KC is a bad and that it is a fact. I can't find the quote but I know I read it here somewhere. Too many pages to dig up.

Back
Top Bottom