Reality | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
As most know Gase had his exit press conference for the year, and blamed this year on not having Ryan. This pissed me off. I know Ryan is better than Jay, and this team would have been marginally better if Ryan played this season, but the results wouldn’t be that dramatic. In 2016 Ryan played in 13 games has 19 tds 12 ints 67% completion rate 2995 pass yards and was sacked 29 times. Jay was awful this year and played in 13 games(I’m not counting the 3plays in the season finale) had 19 TDs 14 ints 62% comp rate 2666 passing yardsand sacked 20 times. These stats are way to similar to think Ryan changes the fortunes of this team.

Ryan doesn’t change being the 2nd highest penalized team. Ryan doesn’t change having the 3rd worst defense in pts allowed. Ryan doesn’t change having an awful oline. I’m also confused how a coach who thinks he was handcuffed by his qb play ran the ball the lowest % in the nfl. The point is I hope he is honest, and shows humility and makes more dramatic changes than Ryan comming back.

As most know Gase had his exit press conference for the year, and blamed this year on not having Ryan. This pissed me off. I know Ryan is better than Jay, and this team would have been marginally better if Ryan played this season, but the results wouldn’t be that dramatic. In 2016 Ryan played in 13 games has 19 tds 12 ints 67% completion rate 2995 pass yards and was sacked 29 times. Jay was awful this year and played in 13 games(I’m not counting the 3plays in the season finale) had 19 TDs 14 ints 62% comp rate 2666 passing yardsand sacked 20 times. These stats are way to similar to think Ryan changes the fortunes of this team.

Ryan doesn’t change being the 2nd highest penalized team. Ryan doesn’t change having the 3rd worst defense in pts allowed. Ryan doesn’t change having an awful oline. I’m also confused how a coach who thinks he was handcuffed by his qb play ran the ball the lowest % in the nfl. The point is I hope he is honest, and shows humility and makes more dramatic changes than Ryan comming back.
You make some good points and for the most part I agree with you, but the difference between Cutler and Tannehill is really night and day. You can throw whatever stats you want at us but even if you think Ryan is nothing more than average that is still far and away better than what Cutler was this season.

I agree with your final thought, but comparing Tannehill to how Cutler played this season based on statistics is not indicative of much.

I agree. The players worth 4 and 5 wins to their teams are perennial mvp candidates. RT is not an mvp candidate thus i see the team not being significantly better with him. There are alot of problems he couldn't cover up

You don't think 2 less ints, 5% better completion rate, and 400 extra yards is important?

You make some good points and for the most part I agree with you, but the difference between Cutler and Tannehill is really night and day. You can throw whatever stats you want at us but even if you think Ryan is nothing more than average that is still far and away better than what Cutler was this season.

More like the difference between early evening and night. 2 less ints 5% comp rate and 300 yards, 2 more wins against a much easier schedule, isn’t dramatic it’s marginal. Name 1 of the wins in 2016 that Ryan carried us to victory. I can’t even think of one of the 8 victories that he was even the MVP. I’m not saying he isn’t better than Cutler, as he clearly is, but he isn’t Russell Wilson who carries his team to victory dispite poor play at oline, RB, and WR. If Ryan played this year we might be 8-8, instead of 6-10, and all the glaring defencies are still glaring. If you think Ryan comes back and saves this with out major changes you need your head examined.

More like the difference between early evening and night. 2 less ints 5% comp rate and 300 yards, 2 more wins against a much easier schedule, isn’t dramatic it’s marginal. Name 1 of the wins in 2016 that Ryan carried us to victory. I can’t even think of one of the 8 victories that he was even the MVP. I’m not saying he isn’t better than Cutler, as he clearly is, but he isn’t Russell Wilson who carries his team to victory dispite poor play at oline, RB, and WR. If Ryan played this year we might be 8-8, instead of 6-10, and all the glaring defencies are still glaring. If you think Ryan comes back and saves this with out major changes you need your head examined.
First of all... I've already had my head examined and it's only slightly abnormal. Listen, I'm not saying Ryan would have got us 4 or 5 more wins, and you're right we had a lot of other problems than QB. Those stats you're throwing around are meaningless though. Ryan was far and away a better QB last year than Cutler was this year. He was more accurate, made better decisions, the entire playbook was open, and the run game was more effective because teams couldn't just stack the box against us without paying for it. Let's not even talk about the fact that he was killing it towards the end of the season once he got comfortable with the offense, and there's no reason to suggest he wouldn't have continued to trend upwards. Above all else though my god man... if you just simply use tour eyes it's pretty damn obvious what a difference the QB play was last year compared to this year. Oh and by the way he absolutely put the team on his back with two 4th quarter td's last year vs the rams to seal a victory at the last minute.

More like the difference between quarter moon and half moon.

First of all... I've already had my head examined and it's only slightly abnormal. Listen, I'm not saying Ryan would have got us 4 or 5 more wins, and you're right we had a lot of other problems than QB. Those stats you're throwing around are meaningless though. Ryan was far and away a better QB last year than Cutler was this year. He was more accurate, made better decisions, the entire playbook was open, and the run game was more effective because teams couldn't just stack the box against us without paying for it. Let's not even talk about the fact that he was killing it towards the end of the season once he got comfortable with the offense, and there's no reason to suggest he wouldn't have continued to trend upwards. Above all else though my god man... if you just simply use tour eyes it's pretty damn obvious what a difference the QB play was last year compared to this year. Oh and by the way he absolutely put the team on his back with two 4th quarter td's last year vs the rams to seal a victory at the last minute.

The Rams game? He was horrible for 55 minutes, and played good for 5. The only thing he overcame in that game was him self. Our defense and Parker was the MVP.

It all starts up front. When I read Bushrod would be back and Albert was traded....and the addition of a 5th Rd doozy. This team still hadn't learned a damned thing. People want to trash Cutler, but again why add a pocket passer behind that Oline? Especially after the previous years shortcomings.

Will this team learn moving forward? Especially with a 30 year old mobile QB?

I've never been a Tannehill guy. But I have always advocated for a oline and a TE.

I see the what the OP is saying. Gase can't depend on one single position to win games. Jax made the playoffs with a great defense, good o-line and punishing rb. Bortles only job was to limit mistakes.
All areas need to be fixed, and if Gase believes that the whole season was wrecked only because of Tannehill, then we are in big trouble. I think Ryan can read defenses well, make adjustments, run on occasion and make every throw. But can you honestly say if Cutler was plugged in to the 2016 we would be that much better or worse? I don't know.

This whole “limited playbook” is a bunch of ****. Gase brought in Cutler because he claimed Cutler knew the system. I’m so tired of hearing that ****. Either Gase was lyibg or full of ****.

Now, I do think that we would have won more games with Ryan. Cutler looked horrendous in several games. I have never seen Ryan look that damn bad lol. But, I think that we could have squeaked into the playoffs. We definitely need some upgrades for next year. I would say priority is LB, G and a TE that is a weapon!

Gase was exposed major this season, and him putting all his eggs in the Ryan Tannehill basket (lol) will be his coaching funeral. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom