Reality | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality

Gase was exposed major this season, and him putting all his eggs in the Ryan Tannehill basket (lol) will be his coaching funeral. Good luck.
Can't wait until another coach is fired hey.

I see the what the OP is saying. Gase can't depend on one single position to win games. Jax made the playoffs with a great defense, good o-line and punishing rb. Bortles only job was to limit mistakes.
All areas need to be fixed, and if Gase believes that the whole season was wrecked only because of Tannehill, then we are in big trouble. I think Ryan can read defenses well, make adjustments, run on occasion and make every throw. But can you honestly say if Cutler was plugged in to the 2016 we would be that much better or worse? I don't know.
If Cutler was our QB last year there's no way we make the playoffs. We barely squeaked by in some of those games as it was, and with even slightly worse QB play we would have lost a few more.

He's blaming the T-hill injury yet his actions are blaming Christensen. In over his head.

2018 is already a wasted season. Until they clean house from top to bottom we're going to get the annual hard sell on how things will be better this time. I've seen this movie before and, unfortunately, know how it's going to end. This latest hire is nothing more than window dressing to make it look like they're doing whatever it takes to make things better.

Burke was a major problem. Are they going to address that? There's experienced DCs available. Problem is Gase won't hire someone with HC experience. That, to me, proves he lacks the confidence in his abilities.

It's like the team has completely forgotten about the Joe Philbin experience.

I listened to the WHOLE press conference and Gase did not say anything about the team being better with Tannehill. Not sure where you got that idea from.

Gase is a dead man walking and he knows he has next year to save himself. IMHO this OC hire was a complete joke and consistent with Gase’s penchant for hiring yesmen and micromanagement, which will be his undoing. If Gase really wanted to show Ross he was serious about putting this team on a new glide path he would have given up playcalling, chunked his DC, OC and oline coach and replaced them with serious candidates. He didn’t. Most of you are correct, the issues on this team go way beyond RT. Lack of discipline, massive penalties, players going AWOL and locker room drama, a coach doing lines and hookers, consistently getting behind in games 2 tds, and the Jay Cutler fiasco are ALL on Gase. RT isn’t the panacea.

Gase is a dead man walking and he knows he has next year to save himself. IMHO this OC hire was a complete joke and consistent with Gase’s penchant for hiring yesmen and micromanagement, which will be his undoing. If Gase really wanted to show Ross he was serious about putting this team on a new glide path he would have given up playcalling, chunked his DC, OC and oline coach and replaced them with serious candidates. He didn’t. Most of you are correct, the issues on this team go way beyond RT. Lack of discipline, massive penalties, players going AWOL and locker room drama, a coach doing lines and hookers, consistently getting behind in games 2 tds, and the Jay Cutler fiasco are ALL on Gase. RT isn’t the panacea.
I completely agree. This defense hasn't worked for two years. The communication breakdowns and inability to cover TE's isn't going to end just because we draft or acquire 1-2 new starters. Also, don't forget Malauga who supposedly was partying all night long before he got busted. Can you imagine a professional athlete abusing his body this way and expecting to perform at 100%? Why was Gase OK with this?

I listened to the WHOLE press conference and Gase did not say anything about the team being better with Tannehill. Not sure where you got that idea from.

The question was, "How would the season be different if Ryan didn't get injured." He replied " I am pretty sure you know my answer to this." And then continued to talk about the injury, and how next year he will be back etc etc.

A

Ryan doesn’t change being the 2nd highest penalized team. Ryan doesn’t change having the 3rd worst defense in pts allowed. Ryan doesn’t change having an awful oline. I’m also confused how a coach who thinks he was handcuffed by his qb play ran the ball the lowest % in the nfl. The point is I hope he is honest, and shows humility and makes more dramatic changes than Ryan comming back.
I agree, he has quite a bit of work in front of him. Hopefully the team could make some positive strides. Lord knows I'm hoping for it, the second Patriots game had me so excited, like players were finally getting it. But then three games we had regression back to the simple mistakes.

BTW, you misspelled "reality":drool

Not having RT did kill our season, crappy luck. He comes back next season as the starting QB. I think he'll play better than ever but there better be a plan in place if that knee doesn't hold up or if it gets reinjured. There are QBs coming out that are damn good and we were crappy enough this year that we actually could get one. We pick at 11 and if either Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph or Josh Rosen are there we should pull the trigger and be done with it. If all of the QBs that we wanted are gone at 11 then I'd look at the Guard, Nelson, from Notre Dame or Saquan Barkley, who is a big time game changer, from Penn State. Last year I campaigned for Pay Elflein, as a Guard/ Center who could be a plug and play Guard and also be the future replacement for Mike Pouncey. The Vikings snagged Elflien. There is a very good player named Billy Price, who also went to Ohio State. This guy is your starting Guard from day1 and your Center of the future. I would use a 2 on Price but most mocks having him going late first, early second.

Let's talk for a second about the Tight End position. The biggest fail on this team imo is that we get crushed by the opposition's TE every week and we counter with an over the hill Julius Thomas, are we kidding??? Other teams have Kelce, Whitten, Jimmy, Gronk and on and on and we get ZIP out of the position on offense. On defense we get shredded every time by TEs. If we don't stop this madness we're going to keep losing and losing and losing. This solution is not to get in a bidding war for a FA TE. The solution is to draft one. Last year when we picked, Noyku, a stellar TE from the U was sitting there and we passed. This is not a great year for TE, but Wisconson has a guy I like named Troy Fumagalli,6'6", about 245 and he catches everything. He seems to run excellent routes and his hands are amazing. He could be a gem in the 3rd or 4th round.

RT is coming back but as we all know, there is much more work to be done. With a smart off season and a bit of luck on the injury front, we could be damn good next year.

I agree. The players worth 4 and 5 wins to their teams are perennial mvp candidates. RT is not an mvp candidate thus i see the team not being significantly better with him. There are alot of problems he couldn't cover up

Just for the record, Tannehill took a big step last year after the 2nd half with Gase as his coach

This off season, coaches players were raving about him like he was about to take an even larger step this season.

Finally in camp and preseason of what little I was reading, in the little time before he was injured, he was having the best camp and preseason of his career...so if he had not been injured, he very well could have made a huge amount of difference compared to Cutler.

As most know Gase had his exit press conference for the year, and blamed this year on not having Ryan. This pissed me off. I know Ryan is better than Jay, and this team would have been marginally better if Ryan played this season, but the results wouldn’t be that dramatic. In 2016 Ryan played in 13 games has 19 tds 12 ints 67% completion rate 2995 pass yards and was sacked 29 times. Jay was awful this year and played in 13 games(I’m not counting the 3plays in the season finale) had 19 TDs 14 ints 62% comp rate 2666 passing yardsand sacked 20 times. These stats are way to similar to think Ryan changes the fortunes of this team.

Ryan doesn’t change being the 2nd highest penalized team. Ryan doesn’t change having the 3rd worst defense in pts allowed. Ryan doesn’t change having an awful oline. I’m also confused how a coach who thinks he was handcuffed by his qb play ran the ball the lowest % in the nfl. The point is I hope he is honest, and shows humility and makes more dramatic changes than Ryan comming back.

Disagree...in the games we lost by close margins I think Ryan would have made a difference where Jay played awful.

10 wins with Ryan I think.......

The Rams game? He was horrible for 55 minutes, and played good for 5. The only thing he overcame in that game was him self. Our defense and Parker was the MVP.

He played against one of the best defenses last year that few QBs looked good against in their home, and did what you expect a good QB to do in the end, he won the game.

Back
Top Bottom