Reborn Ricky Williams Is A Runaway Hit In Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reborn Ricky Williams Is A Runaway Hit In Miami

I wish Ricky wouldn't have made the statement about "as long as his numbers are better than Deuce's" I know he speaks his mind and that is one of the things that makes him special, but it makes him look shallow. It sounds like he put that goal above team goals. It just makes another circus we don't need. You guys may feel free to slam me on this one, but that's how I feel.

it contradicts everything else he has said about the leading the league in rushing and 2000 and all - he must have a nice little grudge that he is only slightly exposing

Nah i think he was just being himself goofy and playing around. He propably wishes he didnt say it now but I am sure he was joking

I think the comments were made to show the Saints organization that they were wrong about him....I don't think he was attacking Duce in any way.

Good for him, it shows that he has a competitive nature.

Sometimes things just get taken out of context.

Originally posted by Chubby
Nah i think he was just being himself goofy and playing around. He propably wishes he didnt say it now but I am sure he was joking

I have to kinda agree with chubby. I think deep down he would like to have more yards than Deuce but if he doesn't I don't think it will bother him to much. I think he knows how happy Dolphins fans are with him and I think thats enough for him.

I think he wants more yards than Duece to prove to Haslett he is a breakaway back, and also to make Miami feel as if they did get a real; good deal. Right now if you asked me, with Ricky's attitude and the way he is running, go ahead and give NO whatever it is they want. He is worth every cent.

I don't think that he ment it against Duece but against NO management. He just wants them to know what they gave up on and lost. And I don't have a problem with that. I think that Duece is taking it out of context.

Duece fits it great with those NO fans... still crying about Ricky... why can't they just let it go... sure Duece would have better yards then ricky if he got the ball as much :shakeno:
why don't he have a higher ypc then Ricky... he is after all the break away runner that Ricky is not... :lol:

Also, the statement was in repsonse to the question, "How many yards do you want to end up with?" It was purely a personal goal question, not related to the team.

Wow, if that's the biggest emotional outburst we have to worry about from Ricky all year, I think we're ok.

i agree with ricky!!

i think his comments were at the n.o. brass, not duece. i am glad ricky has pride and wants to prove his detractors wrong. you just can't say enough about ricky williams as a person or player right now in my book.

i wonder if that ***gy haired bufoon jim haslet is going to make duece gain 40 lbs?

WE SHOULDA DRAFTED DREW BREES!!!

One factoid on Ricky Williams: Now that Miami owes New Orleans its first-round choice in 2003, because Williams triggered an elevated choice when he hit the 1,500-yard mark, teams have now surrendered quite a draft bounty to secure his services. The Saints and Dolphins will have combined to give up three first-round choices, two second-rounders, and five later selections to get the star tailback.

Heh anyone want to figure out what the Saints gave up on their quest to D.M? LoL

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
Duece fits it great with those NO fans... still crying about Ricky... why can't they just let it go... sure Duece would have better yards then ricky if he got the ball as much :shakeno:
why don't he have a higher ypc then Ricky... he is after all the break away runner that Ricky is not... :lol:

Trust me when I say no one is "crying about Ricky." If that RW would have put forth the same effort in N.O., he'd still be in Black and Gold. RW said himself that he didn't do all the right things while in N.O. I'm glad RW is having success this year, and I'm glad he is finally happy in Miami. BTW, Deuce is only responding to what RW said. We've let RW go, but it sure seems that RW hasn't let N.O. go, otherwise, he wouldn't have made the comment that he made. Oh, yeah, one more thing, Deuce's Saints have the lead in the most important stat: wins vs. losses.

Back
Top Bottom