Redskins and Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskins and Jets

Schleprock

Mad and Surt...Legendary
Club Member
Reaction score
Are supposedly going to swap Santana Moss and L.Coles

I like moss i hope he goes so the jets wont be as good with him....

Jt0323 said:
I like moss i hope he goes so the jets wont be as good with him....

The problem w/ that theory is that Coles is a better player than Moss.

http://newyorkpost.com/sports/jets/41373.htm

February 26, 2005 -- The Jets and Redskins are in serious discussions about bringing Laveranues Coles back to New York for an encore in green, with Santana Moss headed to Washington in a swap of receivers.

Now the teams have to work their way through what sources close to the talks said are three possible sticking points, but ones that are not insurmountable.

A deal cannot be completed before the start of NFL free agency March 2, so there's some time to iron out the bumps.

Seems the Redskins don't want to let Coles go for nothing, which consideing they paid a first round pick for him 2 years ago is understandable. They may have to take a big cap hit to o it though, hopefully, the jets may pick up the last $5m remaining on his bonus.

That's kind of scary because there's no denying that Coles is a great player. Hopefully if the Jets do get him, then maybe they might slightly overpay in terms of draft picks. Plus losing a ST threat like Moss hurts.

I think Coles will still get traded, just when and where is harder to predict now. The Skins hold the cards in this one, they only have to trade him if they get the right offer.

Nublar7 said:
HAHAHA! Good to see the Jets suffer. :lol:

Why are we suffering? It's not bad to have Moss as a backup plan and we can still sign Mason and keep Moss then we'd be better than trading away Santana.

Masons going to cost the team he goes to big bucks. He'll be looking at that $12m his fellow 31 yo WR got (Mushin Muhammad) and want a piece of that pie.

From what I've heard, he's going to the Jags anyway.

Chrisbob said:
Masons going to cost the team he goes to big bucks. He'll be looking at that $12m his fellow 31 yo WR got (Mushin Muhammad) and want a piece of that pie.

From what I've heard, he's going to the Jags anyway.

Maybe but i hold out hope b/c we hired his old OC, the OC that turend Mason from a great STer into a great WR.

they're like the same guy but Coles has produced more through the years....
I really don't see this affecting the Phins too much or anyone for that matter when it comes to personel or preparing for the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom