Reggie Bush confused by no contract offer..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Danny68, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

2. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Overrated and wants to much money.

3. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

4. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Have the dolphins offered anybody a contract offer since the season ended?

5. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

I think he has performed WAY too many negative plays in his tenure here...mainly this season...some games he had were baffling, he had multiple games where he had about as many yards as he did carries...I don't recall having that issue in his debut season for Miami.

6. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

Its Miller time haha nice!^^^

7. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

he can come back. but it better be cheap, it better be in a reduced role and that reduced role better be more out of the passing game than the running game.

he can still be an asset, but I dont want him in as the starter... that role needs to go to miller.

8. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

And the garbage if an OL had nothing to do with that right!?

9. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

This ^^

Even if he does sign back at a lower price, Miller will be taking a lot more snaps than he did this season. I'm pretty sure the D. Thomas project is about over.

10. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

miller is the guy that should be getting the majority of the snaps regardless. even if bush decideds to come cheap he will be number2. miller is faster and bigger than bush. not to mentions puts his foot down and its the hole. bush loses to many yards. he is a 3rd down back

11. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

And dancing behind the line of scrimmage and wondering aimlessly left to right all falls on the offensive line? The kid needs to hit the gap quicker, this isn't a one way road. They both rely on each other for production and success, Reggie had just as much, if not more fault in the dismal run game just as the line did.

12. RebelFin

RebelFin Active Member

Bush does play well when in space but so does Miller. Like the potential and savings with Miller. Might save enough to get a POWER running back to complement Miller.

13. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

This

14. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

Bu!!$h*t.

15. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

No Bu!!$h*t about it..

16. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

Do you make up your facts as you go along? MILLER was mediocre on his best day: he had NO impact at all. And he showed no ability to pass-protect. He's dangerous to TANNEHILL's health.

17. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

Did you see any of MIAMI's games last year, or did you just read a glorified "book report"? And just out of curiosity, did you ever count the # of times that BUSH either "hit the hole", or was dancing (your verbal diarreah, not mine) and LOOKING for a hole....AND THERE WAS NO HOLE??? It happened EACH game/EVERY game last year, and not just once/game, either. You people should place the blame where it belongs: let's all stand up, and give a "Bronx Cheer" for our marvelous, talented, deep (NOT!!!!!!!!!!!) OL. Let's start w/J LONG, who sucked a rat's a$$ last season even when healthy, plain and simple. I have no real explanation for it, but the best thing he did for MIAMI last season was get hurt and go on IR, and let MARTIN play/develop. But at least at G, INCOGNITO did surprisingly well, and so did GARNER at RT (no surprise: he MADE THE TEAM, playing a DIFFERENT scheme, as a RT. MAYBE (big maybe) they'll both improve, and turn into very solid NFL OLmen. But last year...they were barely up to the job. MARTIN needs a little more bulk and a lot more strength. Even so, he STILL looked better than JAKE, i/m/o. Perhaps w/an offseason "love affair"...w/the Weights Room..., he'll turn into something special. I'm hopeful. Lastly, as to J JERRY, he was his own worst enemy last season, but you can see his potential. He DOES have "Tackle's feet", just as Coach SPARANO said (say what you want about SPARANO, he knows OL play). His fate is TRULY in his own hands. He can eat his way out of the NFL and into oblivion, or give up the PIZZA this offseason, and strive to become truly solid.

But NONE of the above happened for us last season. The erratic OL performance, negating BUSH almost as much as any "D" he faced, should have been obvious to EVERYONE. And you better find a much more valid reason for not re-signing BUSH than either his nonproduction or MILLER, who i/m/o showed little except his speed (occasionally) and flawed pass-protection (which might get TANNEHILL killed some day). And as a footnote to all of this, I totally discount the usual, shallow verbal diarreah spouted by "the usual suspects".

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  18. DDTDON

DDTDON Seasoned Veteran

Maybe you should go look at some games before you spew off drivel. The guy danced too much. And when Miller was in, he produced. That's fact!!

19. Regulus

Regulus Rookie

It would be typical for Miami to let an elite talent walk and try to replace him with an unknown who has a lot of flaws. 7-9 here we come !!

20. DDTDON

DDTDON Seasoned Veteran

Lamar Miller: Games: 13 Attempts 51 250 yards 4.9yards/attempt

Reggie Bush: Games: 16 Attempts 227 986 yards 4.3 yards/attempt

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

The stats prove otherwise. Not elite at all.

21. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

I really wish we saw more of Miller before letting Bush walk.

22. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

I have not missed a single snap of any Dolphin game since in the last 31 years..... Bush has always been plagued by dancers feet his entire career. Early on this season he had a 3-4 game stretch where he seemed to be hitting the whole, which it was no coincidence that this resulted in one of his best stretches of running of his career.

But then........ not sure Y he regressed back to dancing..
    Chubbs

23. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

Miller looked better behind the same OL.

24. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

You're right; and it's no coincidence it was after he got hurt against the NYJ. Reggie is what he is. He dazzles every few weeks but he doesn't gain consistent yards. I don't think any team will make him a feature back.

25. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

I agree but I really liked what I saw. A much more instinctive runner with burst.

26. phinzfan21

phinzfan21 A True Fan

It's at least nice to hear a guy want to play for Miami. Wish we could bottle up his drive and work ethic to give to everybody on the team. I wished they had used him a lot more creatively last year too. He isn't worth big bucks at this point, but I'd still like to see him back.

27. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Personally i like Reggie, great work ethic and I love players with a chip on their shoulder.

I fully blame our OC for not using him properly. Such a shame

28. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

I saw them all...and NO, it's drivel. MILLER had no impact at all. And his inability to pass-protect is a risk to TANNEHILL's health. THOSE are the FACTS, whether YOU like it or not. Unrealized potential counts as spit (expletive deleted) to me, until it's realized. And real DOLFANS everywhere should feel similarly. Forget propaganda from the team's corporate division, and forget the Media. I'll be watching MILLER VERY CLOSELY this preseason, w/great hope. BUT, he better show some REAL progress, in everything that matters, which he hasn't shown to date. BUSH is a proven "scatback"-style HB, and THOMAS is a bust who hopefully will be cut and replaced by J GRAY if he makes it back all the way from the knee injury. MILLER's a younger "scatback"-style HB w/excellent "potential". But his potential MUST BE REALIZED, or he's useless and just a warm-body/back-up...you know the type: a real S/Ts ace.

29. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Imo it will be a mistake to let Bush go. If we let Bush go it will not be because of money as he's already given more than enough comments that he's not about breaking any banks that he really wants to play here. If we let h go it is because Ireland feels that Miller and Thigpen will handle and produce what Bush did and more and that maybe Jonas Gray and Thomas will provide a good change of pace. But once Miller goes down to injury, I'm going to open a BOG THREAD OF "I TOLD YA SO THAT WE SHOULD HAD RE-SIGNED BUSH FOR INSURANCE"....but noooooo, Miller is somehow injury immune. Smh

30. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

CONFUSED ??? What part of "you are a uncoachable, drive killing machine, so pack your bags and hit the bricks", does he not understand. We have had to put up with losing games for us for two years, because of him. I hope he goes to the jets or the pats and have them deal with him for a few years. Horrible back and a terrible influence on Miller. I would offer him a contract to leave, like a plane ticket and even pay for a moving service.

31. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

:confused: we are losing games "because" of Bush now? This is worse than Long is asking for Joe Thomas money. :lol:

32. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

NOW?? No NOW is the only time we are NOT losing games because of Bush. I have written about this all year, we would have been a playoff team if Bush knew where he was supposed to be running. Led the league in negative runs, which killed drives and caused punts. RBs are for getting consistant yards and this is the one that Reggie could never grasp. This is why they are letting him go, and why he was benched earlier in the season. It was never about the fumbles, he is just a HORRIBLE RB that doesn't understand the role he is to play. He needs to go and go SOON!!!!!

33. miamipdmachine

miamipdmachine Active Member

I really don't see how you don't at least make an offer to your leading rusher and leading scorer without having at least some kind of backup plan. To me a guy that had 250 yards on 51 carries and one TD is hardly a solid backup plan to replace your leading scorer. I'm not saying pay the man an ungodly amount of money but at least offer him something. He hasn't been that bad and according to the stats he definitely hasn't been "losing" games for us. And yes I watched every snap this year before anyone asks..and yes he does dance more than he should but some of that, not all grant it, comes from the O-line not getting the job done. In my opinion, for what it's worth, I need to see more outta Miller before I just write Bush off.

34. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

Peep the 'Condi Rice beans woman in forehead at Pebble Beach article'. Lulz!

35. iambanned

iambanned A True Fan

The Dolphins are not offering Bush a contract, IMO, because they have no idea what his market value is and they don't want to either overpay him or offer him something embarrassingly low. They want him to test the market and then, I think, sweep in with an offer that demands a small, home-team discount.

36. calebstephens8

calebstephens8 Active Member

37. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

LOL. Another member of the happy 40% adjustment brigade. The world is a jolly place, when you can assign 4 more wins here, and 6 less there, all under the guise of, "I have written about this all year," as if that has any shred of weight or credibility.

Our quarterback averaged 6.8 yards per attempt. We had a net negative yards per pass attempt differential. We set a team record for fewest forced turnovers. We can't find Pro Bowlers until half the roster begs out. Those criteria are all relatively basic to winning but the hysterically pathetic Reggie Bush haters can't see anything in their glossy world other than a stutter step. At that point the mind goes on tilt and stays there. They tremble and sweat, absolutely petrified he might break into the open field and ruin their desperate simplistic argument.

It's one of the delightful developments in franchise history. :lol:

38. Miami1

Miami1 Starter

I like what Bush was able to do the past 2 years. He is the only playmaker on offense as of right now. Love the Bush/Miller combo in the backfield. Plus with injuries to that position, its always good to be deep at RB. I hope they resign him.

39. jetsh8r

jetsh8r A True Fan

I forgot about Gray completely. I really liked him coming out of college, but knew we would have to wait a year on him. Miller did outperform Bush this year and I want to keep them both. At the end of the day, keeping Bush will have to have to come at the expense of upgrading another player. I would add the 4 mil he will command add that to a FA WR and make sure we get the right one.

40. Dick Pepperwood

Dick Pepperwood A True Fan

Right On Dude. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Miller. I think he is going to be a Stud. But he is not Reggie Bush, not yet. We won 7 Games Last Year. Without Reggie we would have Won 5.
    But this being the Dolphins, We Love giving away Playmakers. Think...Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Rob Ninkovich, heck even Ted Ginn Jr. So it is a sure thing we let our most explosive offensive player go. But there is always Daniel Thomas and Michael Egnew (SARCASM)[h=1][/h]