Regular Season Standings 2013-14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Regular Season Standings 2013-14

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Early Prediction

With the team schedules in mind, what is your prediction of the AFC East standings at season's end?

Our Dolphins will be atop the division in 2014/15. But his season we will end up at the two spot; we will be at .500 (8-8). I feel it likely that we will enter the post season as a Wild Card - this entry will be determined by other games.

My forecast:

1. New England
  2. Miami
  3. Buffalo
  4. New York

_

I expect a 9 win, hard fought season, with games again that come down to the wire. The difference will be, a defense that can make more take aways, and not vanish at big moments, an offense that can score another 10-15 TD's then last year, as well make some bigger plays, and more consistent kicking whomever it is. We wont be the team saying how we were 1 play away anymore. time to kick that phrase to the curb.

1) Pats
2) Dolphins
3) Bills
4) Jets

Dolphins will end up 7-9. At the end of the season, it will be clear our rookies need another season to develop and we need some more receiving weapons.

Meanwhile, the Jets will be in full blown meltdown mode and various players will be bitching to the media. Some even letting reporters use their names. Santonio Holmes will be one of those.

Usually four or five teams that didn't make the playoffs the year before make them the next year and I think that's us. I think we will fall short of the division crown but will snatch a #5 seed with a 10-6 record in a fairly weak AFC. What happens after that no one can ever really be sure, but once you're in anything can happen.

I am not ready to give my record prediction yet, but I do expect Miami to be in the playoff hunt and more likely to be above .500 than below it. At this point though, I do agree with A&O on the division order.

1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. Buffalo Bills
4. New York Jets

The Dolphins and Patriots will be fighting it out all season long over the Penthouse Sky Suite on the top floor with a sweet balcony overlooking the whole AFC.

The Bills will have to settle for a mid-level apartment that is unfortunately missing cabinets, fixtures, and door knobs, but I hear it has this awesome view facing a pristine garbage dump.

The Jets will be stuck with a cardboard box in the basement of the division parking garage. They will mismanage their rent money and will be relegated to the league cellar where ****roaches dwell and the rats feed off of ganggreen. But on the bright side they do have air conditioning down there.

Brady will tear an ACL and it will end his carrer..then thins will fall as they should.. NE back at being lame for the next 20 years.

Would like to think we win 9 games, I think we end up 2nd in the division with a wildcard spot

You think 8-8 will be good enough for a wildcard spot?

Didn't the Broncos do it in 2011? It is a very fat chance if we did the same at 8-8 though. I stick with my prediction regardless.

:chuckle:

_

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with 10-6 and one playoff win before bowing out. On paper, Miami is probably about three games better maybe even more. But other teams have improved as well.

What will help the Dolphins chances are that both the Jets and Bills will be transitioning to new quarterbacks. While Smith and Manuel could both be potential upgrades, it will take some time. Both are considered much less NFL ready than the four rookies qb's from last year. For Miami that could mean a 4-2 or optimistically a 5-1 divisional record.

The top three teams in the AFC IMO are Denver, New England and Houston. Then there's a dropoff and you have a number of teams vying for spots 4-6 including Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Miami and Baltimore.

9 wins...compete for a wildcard spot til the very end...no meaningless december for us this year...

in 2014 we take over the reigns in the division and on a year in and year out basis...

9 - 7!! We'll miss the last wild card spot and have the 19th pick in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom