Remember R&R? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember R&R?

Roquan would be a nice addition, but then what do we do with Kiko? Despite many fans' wishes, he will not be cut. McMillan was drafted to be our man in the middle. Maybe you slide McMillan to SLB and move Kiko back to MLB where he was more effective. Roquan IMO would be a significant upgrade at the WLB spot.

Roquan would be a nice addition, but then what do we do with Kiko? Despite many fans' wishes, he will not be cut. McMillan was drafted to be our man in the middle. Maybe you slide McMillan to SLB and move Kiko back to MLB where he was more effective. Roquan IMO would be a significant upgrade at the WLB spot.

That would probably make the most sense. Kiko was far more serviceable last season at MLB.

We play mostly nickel anyway... Roquan and Raekwon on the field, and Kiko can kick rocks.

Smith hit like a truck in the Rose Bowl. I'd be happy with the pick. The front four has plenty of talent (especially the DTs), there's no reason why the linebackers can't be wrecking havoc.

We play mostly nickel anyway... Roquan and Raekwon on the field, and Kiko can kick rocks.

Except that we still don't know what Raekwon looks like in coverage. Everything we've been told points to him being a good run stopper, but his pre-draft evaluation as a coverage linebacker was spotty.

I remember when we got roasted by Mel Kiper for targeting a linebacker like McMillan instead of a player like Zach Cunningham. Kiper' point being that linebackers in today's game have increasingly complex coverage assignments. I agreed with him at the time.

If Raekwon is no better than Kiko in coverage, we have a problem. Maybe Burke can fix it with the addition of a solid FS. That way you could play Jones or McDonald as a hybrid LB paired with Roquan. The FS would provide better coverage support on the back end.

Raekwon (the guy we drafted last year who got hurt) remember was slated to be a two down LB. All well and good but this team needs three down studs.

Raekwon (the guy we drafted last year who got hurt) remember was slated to be a two down LB. All well and good but this team needs three down studs.
McMillan is a 3 down guy. Of course that's a projection because we didn't see him on the field

A lot of optimism around this kid we drafted last year. I think the deck is stacked against in the sense he has just 1 NFL play under his belt and will come in with a surgically repaired knee. I’m not counting on him being any kind of savior for our D - if a stud LB is available, I’m drafting one at no 11.

Raekwon is staying inside. Hes got a long future in Miami provided hes healthy.

Kiko will play one more year in Miami and hit the bricks.

Back
Top Bottom