Replacing Jay Ajayi | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replacing Jay Ajayi

Hey, I know everyone is bummed about losing Jay Ajayi, but I just realized that there is a PERFECT replacement out there for him that we can grab... from the CFL.

That's right, it's Trent Richardson!

Jay Ajayi is averaging 3.4 yards per carry this season, and Trent Richardson's career average is 3.3 yards per carry. Folks, that's just a tenth of a yard difference in average production, and Richardson's in the best shape of his life after tearing up the CFL.

Make the call, Mike.
Poor attempt at humor.

Don't quit your day job Wanstache...

I'd go try to get something from that loaded jax rb stable as a one year rental

no way Kenyan drake is gonna be able to handle 15 carries per game...and I see zero chance he runs the ball up inside consistently and takes "what we can get"
Thats the irony here.

Drake won't even get those dirty yards and he is going to want to bounce it outside every play as well....

I'm already a Josh Allen fan, I am just not trying to go there because I am a Tannehill guy to the end.

I am also a Lamar Jackson fan.

I haven't worried much about Darnold or Rosen because I didn't think we'd be in that position to draft either but this Garapollo trade really threw a wrench into the top of the draft.

Once again it looks like the entire draft runs through the Cleveland Browns.

Ajayi is inconsistent AF

Last year when most would say he blew up look at his yardage totals game for game

Then this year

Guys kinda useless IMHO if you like consistency in an RB

You are completely right about him being inconsistent. I am a huge Ajayi supporter but this is starting to make more sense. I loved Ajayi and who knows he could be great in Philly. The question is for how long would you take a Rb who complains after a WIN about carries? Injury concerns? Doesn't want to block and can't catch? Gase has to take a stand and he gave his opinion to the world after getting destroyed on TNF. Ajayi must not have wanted to get on board with what Gase wants from his players. It's shocking to us for many reasons (age, ability, contract is low) but there had to be bigger reasons. We aren't winning now regardless and maybe getting a 4th rder was better than keeping a highly paid hurt Rb or letting him go in FA anyways. He only had a year left on his contract so a decision had to be made eventually. I think a lot had to do with it but his knees had to be the main reason IMO (pissy attitude doesn't help). Belichick would get a round of applause for looking at the future or trading what we now know has been a locker room cancer. Time will tell but change may be what is needed. It's never fun to get a draft pick for a known player. I think the fact the Dolphins put it out there about his knee speaks volumes about the real feeling they had about Jay all along.

Jeff Darlington

✔@JeffDarlington

Something to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins don’t believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

110 a game? Jay has only averaged 47 yards a game if you take out his 6 100 yard games the last year and a half, and averaged 79 yards a game with them. Good, but not great production. And very inconsistent.

Sure lets take away all his good games and call him inconsistent lol.

How many running backs are popping 110 yards a game with Bushrod and Steen paving holes? Ajayi has been the best yards after contact running back in football since he became a starter. He has been doing the most with less by far.

Ya'll are trying to run in circles trying to justify this garbage trade.

What other good running backs are coming out in the draft next year besides Barkley?

San Fran strikes me as the team most likely to trade out of the top 5.

Indy is the team I'm betting Barkley lands on. Luck gets Lucky.

NYG, NYJ, CLE, LAC and ARI are the 5 teams in the top 10 most in need of a QB.

Courtesy of http://www.tankathon.com/nfl (love that website name)

I wouldn't be surprised if someone trades up into the top 5 for barkley

and yes even Miami with tannenbaum

Saquan Barkley please

Yeah, at this point it's going to be a draft pick. Barkley probably goes too high, but maybe not. I don't see Miami winning many more this season. A 6-10 record could certainly put them in the neighborhood for one of the top running backs. Barkley might be top 5 though. Guice or Chubb could be early possibilities.

It is obvious Gase thinks he can not be on the field on 3rd down, both in protection and catching the ball out of the backfield.

Back
Top Bottom