Report Browns Talking With Three Teams About A Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report Browns Talking With Three Teams About A Trade

I think we should be interested... depends who is available and / or who we think we could nab with the browns high 2nd.

But if we were only to get like a 4th in return like I've seen suggested.... ehhhh idk

Unless it involves Joe Thomas and a 2nd rounder for the 22nd, the answer is an emphatic "NO"

This thread is moving to the draft forum....

Myles Garrett is a beast though. I'd give up something good to get him. but it's still gonna cost too much. Myles Garrett is a once in a generation kinda DE. hes quick AND strong. just pick the way you don't want to get beat and he will beat you in the opposite

I think some replied before reading the article. The Brown's want to trade back into the late first round, 18-21 discussed, targeting a QB NOT trading the #1 overall.

Miami should definitely be open to trading down to 33. It's certainly a coveted spot being the first pick of day 2.

We have a cluster of players we are looking at for 3-4 different positions, I'd be very receptive to listening to offer's for the 22nd pick.

Granted, it's a deal that would likely have to wait until we are on the clock to 1. see who'd be available to us and 2. the player that Cleveland wants is there.

Picks 33, 65 and a 2018 2nd rounder (which they have plenty of) would be doable.

What we would really need to happen is for KC and Houston to get interested in trading up for a QB as well. That way we have multiple potential trading partners driving up the price and possibly not moving back as far in the first. I am still ok with the 33rd pick.

I think some replied before reading the article. The Brown's want to trade back into the late first round, 18-21 discussed, targeting a QB NOT trading the #1 overall.

you got me there :lol:

I'd trade for the #33. good spot for Willis IMO. and they should give us both 2nds (No. 33 overall, 52 overall), their 3rd (65 overall) and their 4th (108 overall) in exchange for our 22nd overall. that's what it takes. might need to throw in their other 4th

The amount it would take is stupid?? Ummm pretty sure if we were trading down, we would get picks, not lose them....

This is what I get for not reading the article. I thought it was about moving up to the first pick in the draft.

I'd trade for the #33. good spot for Willis IMO. and they should give us both 2nds (No. 33 overall, 52 overall), their 3rd (65 overall) and their 4th (108 overall) in exchange for our 22nd overall. that's what it takes. might need to throw in their other 4th

That would be too tempting to not take

It would be nice to have another draft pick to potentially fill another need, but it just depends on who is there at #22.

I was listening to Bill Polian on the radio and he was asked the same question about trading down. He said that every year he grades about 18 players as first round picks. In his opinion, if there's a player that you have graded as a first rounder and you like that player then take him and don't move the pick. He wasn't really against trading down, but said it's all about taking the right player and not how many picks you have.

He talked about the success rate of each round....like 60 percent success in round one and lower (obviously) for each succeeding round. He also talked about a third round comp pick being a fourth round pick. He says it's "marketed" as a third rounder, but there are already 96 picks in the bag so that makes it a fourth rounder.

Are you being serious? The 33rd, 52nd, 65th, 108th and maybe another pick to move up just 10 spots. Fans would lynch Tannebaum if he traded 5 picks to move up 10 spots. I'm thinking the 33rd and 52nd would be enough to get me to make the trade.

Back
Top Bottom