Report: Dwight Howard Wants Stan Van Gundy Gone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dwight Howard Wants Stan Van Gundy Gone

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Sources close to the Orlando Magic and the NBA have told WKMG Orlando that Dwight Howard wants head coach Stan Van Gundy out.According to the station’s sports director, David Pingalore, sources claim that talk has been “amping” up in recent weeks and that the probability of Van Gundy being released from his final contract year is very high.Pingalore claims that, according to a league source, Howard has been telling team owners to change the coaching staff and that the Magic are already planning to make the move as per Howard’s demand. Although Magic owner Rich DeVos has denied that Howard does has the power to make those kind of demands, DeVos did tell Pingalore that “We [owners] will make those, but we will let him know what we are making and want his opinion on what fits and doesn’t fit.” http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/04/r...s-stan-van-gundy-gone/?sct=hp_t2_a6&eref=sihp

Stan Van Gundy said he knows his franchise player, Dwight Howard, has asked that he be fired as coach of the Orlando Magic, and get this: Van Gundy claimed his sources are better than any reporter's.
"I was told it was true by people in our management," Van Gundy said Thursday in the hours before the Magic hosted the New York Knicks. "So right from the top."
In what had to be one of the most bizarre game-day scenes in NBA history, Van Gundy confirmed a WKMG-TV report that Howard is pushing for his ouster, and did so right before the center walked through a circle of news media members and embraced his coach. "They haven't told me anything," Van Gundy said of Orlando management, "and they don't need to. I'm the coach right now, and I'm the coach until they decide I'm not the coach. It's 12:02 right now. If they want to fire me at 12:05, I'll go home and find something to do. I'll have a good day."
Nobody has to go anywhere if they fire me," Van Gundy said. "I don't think (the players) are too worried about that. I don't take anybody with me&.When it comes out that one of the highest-profile players in the league has asked for his coach to be fired, it's going to be a story. ... But nobody needs to worry about me.
"I'll be fine. If I need to, I can get another job. I have money put away, so there's no concern about job security, and there shouldn't be any real concern about what Dwight wants right now, quite honestly. That's not what it's about."

Seriously think sometimes Stan just likes to listen to his own soundbites......he hasn't shut up since he first became a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom