Report: Garrard outplayed Tannehill and Moore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Garrard outplayed Tannehill and Moore

no surprise here, he is the best qb on the roster at the moment. As far as past success in the nfl.

Wow, that's a whole lot of opinions being formulated based on the 1st day of OTAs.

Didn't Blaine Gabbert beat out Garrard last year in preseason?

I remember watching a concession video interview last year. I like all 3 guys about the same, but I can't help but think the two guys who weren't beaten out by Blaine Gabbart have the edge.

Wow, that's a whole lot of opinions being formulated based on the 1st day of OTAs.

I remember watching a concession video interview last year. I like all 3 guys about the same, but I can't help but think the two guys who weren't beaten out by Blaine Gabbart have the edge.

Tell me about it, FOUR HOURS into OTAs and fans have picked our starting QB, lol.

But wait, he was also the only QB to throw a interception! OMG, what can that mean?

It is a huge reach to name Garrard the starter, Like CP said, Moore doesn't practice well and that might give Garrard a slight advantage through camp.
The job will be won based upon the preseason game performances. The other issue is how well Garrard hold up. He is still fresh, after a few months, his back might start acting up.
At this point, I think it is Moore's job to lose. He better play great because Garrard will take the starter's job if he slips.
All three(4) QB's bring something to the table. We are in great shape with excellent depth, experience and youth.

My opinion has nothing to do with what happened today.

No. David Garrard was hurt with a serious back injury (herniated disc) and they cut him because they didn't think he could play.

He wasn't beaten out by Gabbert.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Those that believe I ever came even close to insinuating that I believe David Garrard will win the starting job based on today's OTA are bad with reading comprehension.

We talkin' bout practice?

[video=youtube;eGDBR2L5kzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/video]

No. Gabbert didn't beat out Garrard last year in preseason.
Jack Del Rio said today "David's our starter," which is something he's said throughout the spring, summer and training camp, even as a legitimate competition brewed in camp.
Four days after Gabbert looked fairly rookie-like against the Falcons, Del Rio also answered affirmatively when asked if Garrard would start the season opener.
http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...del-rio-assesses-jaguars-qb-david-garrard-and

Blaine Gabbert was not named the starter for Jacksonville until their third game of the season.

My opinion has nothing to do with what happened today.

No. David Garrard was hurt with a serious back injury (herniated disc) and they cut him because they didn't think he could play.

He wasn't beaten out by Gabbert.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Those that believe I ever came even close to insinuating that I believe David Garrard will win the starting job based on today's OTA are bad with reading comprehension.

The Jags also cut Garrard because they didn't want to pay him the $8+ million he was due.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

We talkin' bout practice?

We're talking about practice because that is where it all starts.

I Can't wait until we establish a QB as the undisputed starter for years to come and he gets all of the 1st team reps and builds cohesion with his WR's.

While I agree that Garrard will be the week 1 starter, I hope nobody is expecting more than a game managing type of QB out of him. His stats are less than impressive. He's an 86 career QB rating, not a 90. He's thrown more than 20 TDs only once in his career. the only 2 seasons in which he started all 16 games, he finished with ratings of 82 and 84 (rounded up). He averaged 19 tds to 12 ints his last 2 seasons. If he played like he did in 07 (18 and 3), That would be great. But while our future at the QB position looks like it could be bright, Garrard does not get me excited in the least bit as the starter this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3636/david-garrard

this, if jville thought he was more than a game manager they would have never let him go even he was hurt...you wait on good QBs to come back...

While I agree that Garrard will be the week 1 starter, I hope nobody is expecting more than a game managing type of QB out of him. His stats are less than impressive. He's an 86 career QB rating, not a 90. He's thrown more than 20 TDs only once in his career. the only 2 seasons in which he started all 16 games, he finished with ratings of 82 and 84 (rounded up). He averaged 19 tds to 12 ints his last 2 seasons. If he played like he did in 07 (18 and 3), That would be great. But while our future at the QB position looks like it could be bright, Garrard does not get me excited in the least bit as the starter this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3636/david-garrard

Do I want Garrad to start? Not really but I'll take a game managing QB at this point if he wins the starting QB battle. Pennington was nothing more than a game managing QB and he took a 1-15 team to the playoffs.

Garrard is decent as long as he had MJD to hand the ball too.

Seriously, walk away from the edge..........................

Back
Top Bottom