Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy

Regardless of who starts he will not lose the fan base or locker room.

I pretty much agree with you. Maybe a chunk of the fanbase has a fit if Cutler gets his job back even if Moore plays well, but there is zero evidence that the guys in the Fins lockeroom have any issues with Cutler. In fact the evidence, Landry's tirade, points to a lockerroom squarely in Cutler's corner. They love Moore too. The fans should follow suit supporting both players for now. We very well may need both through the end of the season. And in his last 4 quarters on the field, Cutler has put 34 points on the board. That's not lousy play.

They have to start Cutler. Cutler is the type of personality that gets disinterested quickly, and Gase knows this. The only way to get any kind of value out of Cutler is to start him. It will suck if Moore continuous to play well on Thursday, but not as much as flushing 10 mil down the drain. Our coaching staff and FO will not allow that to happen unless it becomes absolutely necessary, which is unlikely. Just how it is.

The 10 million is already lost. It's gone. You will not get it back by continuing to play this dumbass that can't throw a football to save his life unless it's off his back foot as he's falling backwards and who simply stands there after every handoff watching the play like "what do you mean I'm supposed to act like I could still have the ball, I got the ball to the RB, my job is done" or throws the football straight at the helmet of an oncoming passrusher as if in an attempt to distract him with a more valuable target. His most effective play is chuck it and duck into the fetal position and hope for PI or roughing the passer.

It's an absolute embarrassment every time Cutler goes out on the field. This isn't bad QB play. This is non-QB play. Cutler is playing at the level of football you would expect from your 4th string wide-receiver/runningback/tight-end who has never thrown a pass in the pros being forced into the position due to injuries. AND WE'RE PLAYING THIS IDIOT AS OUR STARTER?

There's absolutely no excuse if Cutler really comes back. I'm just going to have to believe this is Gase letting Cutler go out gracefully with a soon-to-be 11 game lingering injury. Otherwise I'll give up all hope on Gase's talent evaluation and his obvious cronyism.

I like Moore as a backup,but I think people here are outing WAY too much faith in him starting the rest of the year. Not that Cutler was lighting the world on fire, but I'm not sure if Moore is a better option.

Reactions: MD
If Moore plays well, good luck with that one Gase. You will lose the fan base, and more importantly, the locker room.

I agree, if after 2 games, Moore is doing well, Moore is going to stay until he falls on his face...if he falls on his face as hard as Cutler was that is.

Maybe Cutler can pick up some new tricks standing on the sidelines for a few games.

I dont care who we have at QB, as long as we can push the ball downfield and keep teams from stacking the box to stop Ajayi.

Right now Moore is the starter and I'm rooting for him to kick ass, just like I was and will be rooting for Cutler when he comes back.

That said, its gonna be a while. Cracked ribs suck, it is painful every time you take a breath.

Yeah I must say 2 goose eggs out of 6 games is a great job. That means over the course of the season we should only expect another 4 more shutouts at the very most. Hope we can get him back soon so he can continue his excellent work.
I would accept 4 more goose eggs if it gets us to 10-6.

Adam Gase did not state this in his press conference. If anything he hinted that Anything is possible.

On whether Matt has a chance to take over the starting role even if Jay is healthy: "You are getting way ahead of me right now, we are on a short week and once this is over and we hit our bye weekend I can sit back and evaluate where we are".

He could of simply said "If Jay is healthy he is the guy", he did not say that.

First thing, I'm not surprised at all if true. Second thing, it's unfair to put that kind of expectations on more. If he plays well, better than Cutler, he should keep the job.

Back
Top Bottom