Report: Harvin traded to SEA pending physical ----- could this effect da Phinz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Harvin traded to SEA pending physical ----- could this effect da Phinz

It is a 3rd rounder right?

I was thinking Jennings to the Vikes when this trade went down.
it would have to be done with the idea of picking up one of the big name WR in free agency. If Wallace to Miami is indeed "done" then Jennings is their best(only) other option

Whoa...the Seahawks are going to be nasty for the next few years. Good for the fans out there....those games are going to be exciting. I hope we can put our team together to be competitive as well.

Minnesota's gotta do something at WR - Wallace, Jennings, etc. Currently on their roster: Jarius Wright, Greg Childs, Stephen Burton, Chris Summers. They have to look for someone in FA, I would think.

I'm glad we weren't the team that took Harvin off the Vikings' hands. Guy is a Cancer with a capital C.

Minnesota can package their first rounders and move up in the draft to select Austin. Something to consider. Also, I don't think this effects Wallace coming to Miami. I think Wallace recognizes that Tannehill has a higher ceiling then Ponder.

Still, hard to say how this shakes out. Hang on to your hats. The next 26 hours may be a wild ride.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Seattle sends this years first round pick and a 7th rounder as well as a mid-round pick next year for Harvin. Win-win for both teams

Could set the stage for the Vikings to sign Wallace (deep threat compliment to Peterson) and for us to get Jennings.

:fingerscrossed:

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Seattle sends this years first round pick and a 7th rounder as well as a mid-round pick next year for Harvin. Win-win for both teams

Why in the hell couldnt Spielman make these damned trades when he worked for us?!?!?!

Holy **** I'm glad we didn't give that much up for Harvin. Love the guy but wow! I guess Seattle is poised to be crazy competitive and it makes sense, but Miami needs as many of those picks as possible.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Could set the stage for the Vikings to sign Wallace (deep threat compliment to Peterson) and for us to get Jennings.

:fingerscrossed:

Yeah. I really think it's a shame that people are so set on Wallace and if we don't land him I hope there isn't a huge blowback. I think if we can get Greg Jennings at a cheaper price that's a better scenario for Miami.

Regarding the Vikes now massive void at the WR spot.

Previously linked to Mike Wallace only in speculative fashion, they could emerge to make a more significant play for the soon-to-be former Steeler. Closer to home, they had already been linked to Green Bay's Greg Jennings, and that idea will obviously gain more steam with the Vikings' newly enhanced need at the position.

Another idea: the Vikes could make a move to poach RFA Victor Cruz from the Giants, seeing as they'll have some extra picks with which to play this offseason. Giving up their first-rounder to nab Cruz might not be a bad idea. Failing all of the above-mentioned moves, Minnesota could move on Josh Cribbs, a dangerous return man who has been clamoring for more opportunities on offense in recent seasons; in Minnesota, he'd have little competition on the depth chart.

Looking ahead to the draft, it's become much more likely that Minnesota will use an early-round pick (or two) on a prospect at WR. Whether that includes their first-rounder may be determined by what they're able to do in free agency beforehand.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post?id=3025

I don't think it's gonna effect us at all. I think the vikes'll use one of their two first rounders on Austin and use him as a direct replacement. Maybe double up on receivers and l not even look into FA. If they go FA i expect they'll look at Jennings. He's a better fit for their QB and system.

Minnesota had to get more than a 3rd round pick for Harvin. If it was for a 3rd, what an absolute steal.

Back
Top Bottom