Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"The bullying scandal that rocked the NFL earlier this season made a mockery of the Dolphins’ locker room and had Miami general manager Jeff Ireland looking like a lame duck just waiting for the inevitable ax. However, after a pair of crucial wins against the Jets and Steelers, Miami is back in the thick of the playoff race, and Ireland appears to have saved his skin once again."
"Ireland has been told by Dolphins owner Jeremy Ross that his job is safe, according to the Miami Herald. So, it appears that Dolphins fans will get to continue their “Fireland” campaign for at least one more season."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/12/report-dolp...-as-general-manager-despite-bullying-scandal/

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/12/report-dolp...-as-general-manager-despite-bullying-scandal/

this is what happens when a guy can hitch his wagon to a young legitimate qb in the making...you can ride his coattails

Great now we can watch him screw the 2014 draft up too

i would say first thing you will watch is him dump a ton of money into the oline in free agency...seems to be his mo to date...try to fix problems with money vs the draft...and yeah he will definitely take some crappy players in the draft...you can set your watch to both

Easy to confuse Stephen Ross and Ron Jeremy. Only their mothers can tell them apart.

A report based on a report by Armando. Seems legit.

Ironically, I don't have huge issues with his drafts. But he severely overpays for free agent talent. And he's whiffed way too much on oline free agents, and I don't often agree with his last cut or two at the end of preseason. But I do find it funny that what is generally considered the hardest part of being a GM(drafting) is not what bothers me the most.

I think he takes guys that have talent but that take a year or two or three to develop, which is why he spends so much on other teams free agents. By the time some of his picks are up to speed, their rookie contracts are almost up, so he's not saving himself a lot. But I think his draft success is at least average if not slightly better than average.

there has been soooooo many questionable moves in the past 5 seasons, who is to blame for what?
all I know is they need to draft TALENT and then USE the talent.

Great, so now he will let grimes walk because he makes plays. Watch him sign some scrub to replace him because he was 3 dollars cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom