Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

Damn, return 2 kicks for TD's in the snow on Sunday and then Monday you are the Dolphins owner and keeping Jeff Ireland.

rossangel-1.gif

What a weekend for this kid.

I actually wish the story made Jeff Ross the owner instead. First thing on the Agenda, The Jeff Ireland Roast. That would be classic. Invite Sparano, Parcells, Karlos Dansby, Reggie Bush, Dez Bryant and others to join in on the fun.

roseanne_jeff_ross-1.jpg

Some of you are getting way to worked up over this Ireland stuff right now. There are still three weeks to go and everyone knows that in season vote of confidence from Owners means nothing. If the team tanks these last three weeks, miss the playoffs and have a losing season then Ireland will probably be fired. If the team finishes 10-6 or 9-7 and makes the playoffs then this season was a step forward and a success. At that point it means Ireland made the right decisions.

Just let it play out, enjoy the playoff run and worry about whether Ireland deserves to stay once the season is over.

Some of you are getting way to worked up over this Ireland stuff right now. There are still three weeks to go and everyone knows that in season vote of confidence from Owners means nothing. If the team tanks these last three weeks, miss the playoffs and have a losing season then Ireland will probably be fired. If the team finishes 10-6 or 9-7 and makes the playoffs then this season was a step forward and a success. At that point it means Ireland made the right decisions.

Just let it play out, enjoy the playoff run and worry about whether Ireland deserves to stay once the season is over.

Agree. I'm no Ireland fan but the story for 2013 has not been written yet, so let's see how we finish. I have to give the front office credit though, for keeping the ship from falling apart this season. Also if Tannehill continues to develop then all sins are forgiven in my book. After yesterday the kid has proven to have big time potential, and yes, he was an Ireland pick. In case you haven't noticed, I'm all in on drafting Eric Ebron!

Agree. I'm no Ireland fan but the story for 2013 has not been written yet, so let's see how we finish. I have to give the front office credit though, for keeping the ship from falling apart this season. Also if Tannehill continues to develop then all sins are forgiven in my book. After yesterday the kid has proven to have big time potential, and yes, he was an Ireland pick. In case you haven't noticed, I'm all in on drafting Eric Ebron!
"Keeping this ship from falling apart" isn't good enough. This organization should not be accepting consistent mediocrity, they should be shooting for the Super Bowl.

Bullying aside, how does he stay despite losing for 6 years and drafting like shat and overspending on free agents? How does he stay in spite of being an utter idiot for 6 years?

Bullying aside, how does he stay despite losing for 6 years and drafting like shat and overspending on free agents? How does he stay in spite of being an utter idiot for 6 years?

He's Jefflon. No blame sticks to him.

His warm and charming personality!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

He's Jefflon. No blame sticks to him.

He's got to have dirt on Ross or something

Easily answered: because Ross isnt that great of an owner.

Other then the obvious reasons for wanting Ireland fired(i sure do miss hitting on second round picks, though im apparently a minority in that feeling), i am eager to hear Ross publicly cursing him out "Sparano-style" a year or more after he is let go. Should be damned entertaining.

i would say first thing you will watch is him dump a ton of money into the oline in free agency...seems to be his mo to date...try to fix problems with money vs the draft...and yeah he will definitely take some crappy players in the draft...you can set your watch to both

This is a dumb statement considering how much we had last off season and this. You don't get that good of a cap situation by spending frivolously. Think.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

there has been soooooo many questionable moves in the past 5 seasons, who is to blame for what?
all I know is they need to draft TALENT and then USE the talent.

What moves?

This is a dumb statement considering how much we had last off season and this. You don't get that good of a cap situation by spending frivolously. Think.

You have that much to spend because you draft like crap and you don't resign your own guys

"Keeping this ship from falling apart" isn't good enough. This organization should not be accepting consistent mediocrity, they should be shooting for the Super Bowl.

As every organization should. The "keeping the ship from falling apart" is exactly what the "FRONT OFFICE" should've done during the martin fiasco. I mean, is the "FRONT OFFICE" supposed to be making coaching decisions during the season?lol.

Back
Top Bottom