Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

You have that much to spend because you draft like crap and you don't resign your own guys

Makes no sense. NONE!!!! Considering Clabo, McKinnie and Wallace are the only starters on offense not drafted by the team and 6 starters on D were also drafted or taken from Canada.lol. These are facts and not deprived from some emotional hate of another man.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/mia/formation/4-3-defense

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Then go look at how many backups are draft picks or rookie free agent pick ups. Get a clue. Ireland isn't half as bad as some say he is.

Makes no sense. NONE!!!! Considering Clabo, McKinnie and Wallace are the only starters on offense not drafted by the team and 6 starters on D were also drafted or taken from Canada.lol. These are facts and not deprived from some emotional hate of another man.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/mia/formation/4-3-defense

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Then go look at how many backups are draft picks or rookie free agent pick ups. Get a clue. Ireland isn't half as bad as some say he is.
Sure he drafted a few guys that have stuck, none are elite and we struggle every week to score 20pts. Scroll through his draft picks and FA signings. 4:1 busts and not 1 elite guy. If you're cool with that then what can I say. There is a reason we struggle to win half our games. But like our equally inept president says 'if you like your GM you can keep your GM'.

People are refusing to see the progression aside from the record.

my god, we just beat the cheatin steelers in the snow. no improvement seen there? What does Ireland have to do with this? This was the team doing this. Not Jeff Ireland. But he did draft Hartline, Tannehill, Clay, and D. thomas. All playmakers yesterday. Its about the progression.

but for the Ireland haters, its about Ireland and nothing more. Got to get rid of that guy by losing, and when we win, we have to keep the heat on.

Dont get it.

my god, we just beat the cheatin steelers in the snow. no improvement seen there? What does Ireland have to do with this? This was the team doing this. Not Jeff Ireland. But he did draft Hartline, Tannehill, Clay, and D. thomas. All playmakers yesterday. Its about the progression.

but for the Ireland haters, its about Ireland and nothing more. Got to get rid of that guy by losing, and when we win, we have to keep the heat on.

Dont get it.

Terrible drafts and terrible FA signings. After 6 years we should be contending not crossing our fingers hoping to back our way into a winning record. Just think how good we could be if he didn't waste every 2 and third round pick and millions and millions trying to build an OL twice.

Terrible drafts and terrible FA signings. After 6 years we should be contending not crossing our fingers hoping to back our way into a winning record. Just think how good we could be if he didn't waste every 2 and third round pick and millions and millions trying to build an OL twice.

I disagree. Statements prove nothing to me.

Dont get it.

Probably because it's the only measure that counts in the end. Maybe we can act like something else matters the day we get an automatic SB bid for our 3rd year running back finally breaking a run for over 30 yards for the first time in his career (and first over 20 in the season).

Do you honestly expect those of us who think he's a poor GM (Hater? Grown men shouldn't use certain terms) will change our opinions after one win? Even 2? Tell you what, I'll happily start to reconsider if we actually manage to get into the playoffs. Actually, most of the credit will go to Philbin for managing the fiasco of a line Ireland built for him and a defense that has managed to get softer despite big offseason moves. Some of us aren't so accustomed to mediocrity that one win can change our views.

Dont get it.

How many wins did not having a decent LT cost us this season? McKinnie isn't even that good and its like a night and day difference, plus if Ireland was competent he would have been able to find a replacement for Incognito at some point over the past 2 seasons, maybe avoiding the fiasco. Those 2 mistakes cost us at least one win (which will likely cost us making it to the playoffs) and if we had a good LT from the start maybe we'd be in the race for a bye week and home field advantage instead of hoping a team falters for the final playoff spot.

The sad state of the o-line is 100% Ireland's fault.

Probably because it's the only measure that counts in the end. Maybe we can act like something else matters the day we get an automatic SB bid for our 3rd year running back finally breaking a run for over 30 yards for the first time in his career (and first over 20 in the season).

Do you honestly expect those of us who think he's a poor GM (Hater? Grown men shouldn't use certain terms) will change our opinions after one win? Even 2? Tell you what, I'll happily start to reconsider if we actually manage to get into the playoffs. Actually, most of the credit will go to Philbin for managing the fiasco of a line Ireland built for him and a defense that has managed to get softer despite big offseason moves. Some of us aren't so accustomed to mediocrity that one win can change our views.

So dion Jordan leads to mediocrity? Ryan Tannehill in 29 games leading to mediocrity? There are things yet to happen. If you choose to see mediocrity in the future, why on earth would another GM change that now?

Compare our drafts with NE and see what you get. Then look at the Pats constant FA busts. They have Brady and a cheating coach which helps but they are not reloading with talent. I think people expect every top 3 pick to be a stud. That never happens with any team. So much comes down to getting a franchise QB then getting some pieces around him. It is early but we may finally have that developing for us now. Just enjoy being relevant and see how it unfolds. I think some people just revel in misery.

How many wins did not having a decent LT cost us this season? McKinnie isn't even that good and its like a night and day difference, plus if Ireland was competent he would have been able to find a replacement for Incognito at some point over the past 2 seasons, maybe avoiding the fiasco. Those 2 mistakes cost us at least one win (which will likely cost us making it to the playoffs) and if we had a good LT from the start maybe we'd be in the race for a bye week and home field advantage instead of hoping a team falters for the final playoff spot.

The sad state of the o-line is 100% Ireland's fault.

I am going to take this time to tell you something Roy. Ireland is working closely with the coaches in a collaborative manner. You may choose to disagree with this, but when we brought in all the WR's and DB's this year, it was about fixing that along with getting faster. I would say that the state of the Oline WAS 100% the fault of the coaches and players who did not get them prepared to play which they are now doing just fine.

The state of the Oline is not completely fixed, but yesterday, in the snow, we ran for 180 yds. We basically went from giving up 5 sacks a game to two on avg. (which is a very managable stat when you start to have an offense that can overcome 3rd and longs). They obviously have been playing much better for about 4 weeks now. So it seems that the Oline is the main problem.

So Jeff and Joe and co. go out and find there OL this coming draft. What is wrong with that? Meanwhile, we roll along on offense and get a tall WR/TE and big RB and we upgrade our weakness. Rome wasnt built in a season. And dont tell me about the chiefs. He walked into that team with a talented roster only having to nail down the QB position and get some OL.

All wee need to do is draft our OL and gets some bigger parts to work with in the red zone.

If they fail, I will be all over Ireland and Philbin.

So dion Jordan leads to mediocrity? Ryan Tannehill in 29 games leading to mediocrity? There are things yet to happen. If you choose to see mediocrity in the future, why on earth would another GM change that now?

I actually like Dion Jordan, but dude has barely played, so why on earth are you using him as some sort of example? What next, Egnew? :lol:

As for leading to mediocrity, ah, yes, so far. Unless we win out, we're mediocre. We could still luck out and make a playoff game despite the mediocrity. The problem I'm seeing is that you seem to think it takes apparently a decade or so to turn a team around, despite a TON of evidence that shows it only takes a good GM a couple of years.

I've given him credit for Tannehill as well. He finally drafted THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN FOOTBALL (I'm betting you were one of those defending not doing so over all of those years). See, I don't just hate or (in your case) love EVERY move he makes. I've never once denied that he has made good moves. Yet you keep acting like I have. So, great, he finally addressed the most important position in football and FINALLY got us over .500 (hopefully). Only took him, what, 6 years? At that rate, when are we Super Bowl contenders? 10? :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I am going to take this time to tell you something Roy. Ireland is working closely with the coaches in a collaborative manner. You may choose to disagree with this, but when we brought in all the WR's and DB's this year, it was about fixing that along with getting faster. I would say that the state of the Oline WAS 100% the fault of the coaches and players who did not get them prepared to play which they are now doing just fine.

The state of the Oline is not completely fixed, but yesterday, in the snow, we ran for 180 yds. We basically went from giving up 5 sacks a game to two on avg. (which is a very managable stat when you start to have an offense that can overcome 3rd and longs). They obviously have been playing much better for about 4 weeks now. So it seems that the Oline is the main problem.

So Jeff and Joe and co. go out and find there OL this coming draft. What is wrong with that? Meanwhile, we roll along on offense and get a tall WR/TE and big RB and we upgrade our weakness. Rome wasnt built in a season. And dont tell me about the chiefs. He walked into that team with a talented roster only having to nail down the QB position and get some OL.

All wee need to do is draft our OL and gets some bigger parts to work with in the red zone.

If they fail, I will be all over Ireland and Philbin.

Sure you will. :lol:

Dion Jordan hasn't done squat for being the #3 overall pick. He MAY develop into a stud, but he just as well may not. Every other pick this draft has been a bust so far and then throw in all the money he pissed away on FA this year, so I think any other GM we would get could do better than that.

Compare our drafts with NE and see what you get. Then look at the Pats constant FA busts. They have Brady and a cheating coach which helps but they are not reloading with talent. I think people expect every top 3 pick to be a stud. That never happens with any team. So much comes down to getting a franchise QB then getting some pieces around him. It is early but we may finally have that developing for us now. Just enjoy being relevant and see how it unfolds. I think some people just revel in misery.

Yeah, their GM isn't great either, but they have great QB play and coaching to overcome it. Just think if they had a decent GM. It parallels a lot of what you are seeing in MIA, decent QB play makes up for a lot of other deficiencies and bad decisions. Why keep handicapping this squad with Ireland?

this is what happens when a guy can hitch his wagon to a young legitimate qb in the making...you can ride his coattails

That in the countless other players he drafted and sign that are making major contributions everywhere..

Back
Top Bottom