Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

We just watched a team put together by Jeff Ireland beat the Steelers in fantastic fashion (Hartline drafted, Clay drafted, Tannehill drafted, Daniel Thomas drafted and Olivier Vernon drafted)

Those guys are all young young players who are breaking out and showing the NFL that they deserve to be noticed.

I actually like Dion Jordan, but dude has barely played, so why on earth are you using him as some sort of example? What next, Egnew? :lol:

As for leading to mediocrity, ah, yes, so far. Unless we win out, we're mediocre. We could still luck out and make a playoff game despite the mediocrity. The problem I'm seeing is that you seem to think it takes apparently a decade or so to turn a team around, despite a TON of evidence that shows it only takes a good GM a couple of years.

I've given him credit for Tannehill as well. He finally drafted THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN FOOTBALL (I'm betting you were one of those defending not doing so over all of those years). See, I don't just hate or (in your case) love EVERY move he makes. I've never once denied that he has made good moves. Yet you keep acting like I have. So, great, he finally addressed the most important position in football and FINALLY got us over .500 (hopefully). Only took him, what, 6 years? At that rate, when are we Super Bowl contenders? 10? :lol:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Sure you will. :lol:

They get one more year IMO. 3 years. I did the same for Sparano, which was the problem for Ireland's first years. Things have changed since then.

As far as mediocrity goes....teams change in midstream. If you choose not to believe that, fine, you can wait for losses so you can call yourself smart. Philbin kept this team together through the most outrageous crap that a narc and a weasal did to this team.

I am going to take this time to tell you something Roy. Ireland is working closely with the coaches in a collaborative manner. You may choose to disagree with this, but when we brought in all the WR's and DB's this year, it was about fixing that along with getting faster. I would say that the state of the Oline WAS 100% the fault of the coaches and players who did not get them prepared to play which they are now doing just fine.

The state of the Oline is not completely fixed, but yesterday, in the snow, we ran for 180 yds. We basically went from giving up 5 sacks a game to two on avg. (which is a very managable stat when you start to have an offense that can overcome 3rd and longs). They obviously have been playing much better for about 4 weeks now. So it seems that the Oline is the main problem.

So Jeff and Joe and co. go out and find there OL this coming draft. What is wrong with that? Meanwhile, we roll along on offense and get a tall WR/TE and big RB and we upgrade our weakness. Rome wasnt built in a season. And dont tell me about the chiefs. He walked into that team with a talented roster only having to nail down the QB position and get some OL.

All wee need to do is draft our OL and gets some bigger parts to work with in the red zone.

If they fail, I will be all over Ireland and Philbin.

Sorry, I'm not buying the o-line's steady improvement over the last 6 games has nothing to do with McKinnie.

Dion Jordan hasn't done squat for being the #3 overall pick. He MAY develop into a stud, but he just as well may not. Every other pick this draft has been a bust so far and then throw in all the money he pissed away on FA this year, so I think any other GM we would get could do better than that.

you see, there is your Ireland hater. Relying on what they see now instead of visualizing greatness in progression.

Jason Taylor did what in his first year? btw, that is why I looked right past Jordan in the draft. Because he was JT IMO and he would take some time for the pro game for being drafted in that spot. But.....but, I dont think he will take as long as JT to develope. He, like OV this year, will come alive. He needs a full offseason in the weight room, and you can bet money he will be 275 next year. That makes him much bigger than JT. JT btw, I heard is working with Jordan. He needs to learn some pro moves once he gets strong.

They get one more year IMO. 3 years. I did the same for Sparano, which was the problem for Ireland's first years. Things have changed since then.

As far as mediocrity goes....teams change in midstream. If you choose not to believe that, fine, you can wait for losses so you can call yourself smart. Philbin kept this team together through the most outrageous crap that a narc and a weasal did to this team.
I don't need to wait for anything to do that. :hi5:

Sorry, I'm not buying the o-line's steady improvement over the last 6 games has nothing to do with McKinnie.

I never once said it didnt. So once again, Ireland fixed a problem that occured because a guy left the team and took out another PB player in the process. He got his hands on Mckinney.

yes, Mckinney. He saved the day, but Brenner as well as Garner kept the glue together on this Oline while Pouncey was out too.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

I don't need to wait for anything to do that. :hi5:

fine. have fun with that.

I never once said it didnt. So once again, Ireland fixed a problem that occured because a guy left the team and took out another PB player in the process. He got his hands on Mckinney.

yes, Mckinney. He saved the day, but Brenner as well as Garner kept the glue together on this Oline while Pouncey was out too..

I disagree the problem developed because a guy left the team. The guy that left the team was the problem all along and him leaving the team was a new additional problem.

you see, there is your Ireland hater. Relying on what they see now instead of visualizing greatness in progression.

Jason Taylor did what in his first year? btw, that is why I looked right past Jordan in the draft. Because he was JT IMO and he would take some time for the pro game for being drafted in that spot. But.....but, I dont think he will take as long as JT to develope. He, like OV this year, will come alive. He needs a full offseason in the weight room, and you can bet money he will be 275 next year. That makes him much bigger than JT. JT btw, I heard is working with Jordan. He needs to learn some pro moves once he gets strong.

I actually don't hate the Jordan pick, but it is too soon to call either way. As a struggling team with tons of holes, I think our #3 overall pick should be able to contribute. Dion is the least of my issues with our dopey GM.

I disagree the problem developed because a guy left the team. The guy that left the team was the problem all along and him leaving the team was a new additional problem.

Your starting LT leaves the team. How is this not a problem? Regardless of your after the fact opinion of him.

Big fan of posters heaping praise on Ireland for drafting Hartline. Anyone want to bring up how we used our 1st, 3rd, and both 2nd round picks in that same draft? Anyone? No? Okay then.

I agree with Gonzo, im having an absolute riot at people having to change their pants because we are 1 game over .500. That says less about the state of our team and more about the state of our fan base.

I actually don't hate the Jordan pick, but it is too soon to call either way. As a struggling team with tons of holes, I think our #3 overall pick should be able to contribute. Dion is the least of my issues with our dopey GM.

well, you will have an entire offseason to bitch about it appears.

We just watched a team put together by Jeff Ireland beat the Steelers in fantastic fashion (Hartline drafted, Clay drafted, Tannehill drafted, Daniel Thomas drafted and Olivier Vernon drafted)

Those guys are all young young players who are breaking out and showing the NFL that they deserve to be noticed.

We barely beat with a mediocre team with a worse record than us and nearly collapsed on the last play = fantastic?

For the 4 guys you mentioned I can name 40 that are Ireland busts. After 6 years if that is the best you got, you should be fired.

Big fan of posters heaping praise on Ireland for drafting Hartline. Anyone want to bring up how we used our 1st, 3rd, and both 2nd round picks in that same draft? Anyone? No? Okay then.

I agree with Gonzo, im having an absolute riot at people having to change their pants because we are 1 game over .500. That says less about the state of our team and more about the state of our fan base.

Its not about what our record is right now. Its about where we are going.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

We barely beat with a mediocre team with a worse record than us and nearly collapsed on the last play = fantastic?

For the 4 guys you mentioned I can name 40 that are Ireland busts. After 6 years if that is the best you got, you should be fired.

well, thats what we are all waiting for.

please resume.

Its not about what our record is right now. Its about where we are going.

You can project the future by whats done in the present. Not a single one of our second round picks have become good players. That bodes ill for our future.

4 straight losing seasons has led us to a single average one, despite damn near the entire conference burning to the ground around us. And your preaching "wait for what happens next". Obviously you mean that to be encouraging, yet it only sounds ominous to my ears.

well, thats what we are all waiting for.
All of you or you? The majority of people on this site know he has done poorly.

33 of his 50 picks are busts, defined as guys you definitely wouldn't pick again and/or is no longer on the team, this is not even including guys like Jerry who basically underachieved. Now add in pretty much every FA decision he has made (Incog, Wheeler, Clabo, Marshall, Wilson, Columbo) and you get to 40 in a hurry. Lets not even consider all the money Ireland wanted to give Orton or the elite guys he could have drafted and instead traded down from.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/draft.htm

Back
Top Bottom