Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jeff Ireland to stay Dolphins GM despite bullying controversy

That in the countless other players he drafted and sign that are making major contributions everywhere..

Countless? You seem to be keeping a running count of said players and it's less than ten.

Your starting LT leaves the team. How is this not a problem? Regardless of your after the fact opinion of him.

Either I'm not understanding you or you don't have your facts right as to what predicated the McKinnie trade. The Dolphins signed McKinnie on Oct 21st and Martin left on Mar 30th so the trade had nothing to do with the fact that we "lost" our starting LT.

Either I'm not understanding you or you don't have your facts right as to what predicated the McKinnie trade. The Dolphins signed McKinnie on Oct 21st and Martin left on Mar 30th so the trade had nothing to do with the fact that we "lost" our starting LT.

Your right roy, because Clabo was being replaced by Martin, so in essence, we still lost our LT and then we really lost him later.

But does this not show that Ireland had foresight?

To the point on Hartline and the rest of that draft.

You guys keep living deep in the past. Ireland has gotten much much better since Parsells left. There is a correlation. pat white cough cough.

Ireland and Philbin are tied together. This is just how it will be.

but hey, at least we can talk about it ad nauseum for another year or so....or maybe longer? lol

you see, there is your Ireland hater. Relying on what they see now instead of visualizing greatness in progression.

Jason Taylor did what in his first year? btw, that is why I looked right past Jordan in the draft. Because he was JT IMO and he would take some time for the pro game for being drafted in that spot. But.....but, I dont think he will take as long as JT to develope. He, like OV this year, will come alive. He needs a full offseason in the weight room, and you can bet money he will be 275 next year. That makes him much bigger than JT. JT btw, I heard is working with Jordan. He needs to learn some pro moves once he gets strong.
The comparison to Jason Taylor is silly. JT was drafted 3d round number 73 overall so I expect him to develop over time. Jordan was drafted #3 overall and should be on the field making an impact.

The comparison to Jason Taylor is silly. JT was drafted 3d round number 73 overall so I expect him to develop over time. Jordan was drafted #3 overall and should be on the field making an impact.

I already said that is why I originally didnt want to draft Jordan. But Jordan was multi purpose already in college. JT didnt play LB until Saban years.

but Jordan is bigger. He is currently lacking in run game, which is why he is only in on pass downs. But things will change quicker.

and your saying he is not making an impact?

He is not making as much of an impact as you expected. His play vs. the Ravens got us 7 points. He sacked the great Cam.

He is being brought around slowly because of the shoulder. Their is where you argument would be stronger.

I expect the#3 pick to be on the field making an impact full time, not part time.

I expect the#3 pick to be on the field making an impact full time, not part time.

But he got OV and already had Wake. So he is not needed as much anyways. That was the argument some of us, cough cough were making at the time.

But you can just look to next year for Jordan to break out. So if he becomes great, whats the diff if he wasnt great his first year? That happens all too much in this league.

But he got OV and already had Wake. So he is not needed as much anyways. That was the argument some of us, cough cough were making at the time.

But you can just look to next year for Jordan to break out. So if he becomes great, whats the diff if he wasnt great his first year? That happens all too much in this league.
That pick could have been used differently and without having to move up to get it. Guys that are drafted high are expected to compete and contribute full time from day 1. When you get into the second and third round is where you are looking at guys that need time to develop. Is Jordan going to reach his full potential immediately? Not likely but not just being drafted at 3 but trading up to get him even though he is deficient in the run game equals not getting full value of the pick.

How can I look at next year and expect Jordan to break out? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you he will improve enough to get on the field in all situations? Of course not. We hope he develops to meet that goal but there is no guarantee. Make no mistake that in the time he has been on the field I really like what I see but thus far he is not a complete player. Easy to Monday Morning QB picks now but had they have stayed put and selected Richardson, our DL would be better suited immediately and that would have been a great long term investment.

An Ireland sub forum would have to have the same rules of the PoFo Anything Goes to maximize the experience.

Sure he drafted a few guys that have stuck, none are elite and we struggle every week to score 20pts. Scroll through his draft picks and FA signings. 4:1 busts and not 1 elite guy. If you're cool with that then what can I say. There is a reason we struggle to win half our games. But like our equally inept president says 'if you like your GM you can keep your GM'.

How do you feel today about that?

That pick could have been used differently and without having to move up to get it. Guys that are drafted high are expected to compete and contribute full time from day 1. When you get into the second and third round is where you are looking at guys that need time to develop. Is Jordan going to reach his full potential immediately? Not likely but not just being drafted at 3 but trading up to get him even though he is deficient in the run game equals not getting full value of the pick.

How can I look at next year and expect Jordan to break out? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you he will improve enough to get on the field in all situations? Of course not. We hope he develops to meet that goal but there is no guarantee. Make no mistake that in the time he has been on the field I really like what I see but thus far he is not a complete player. Easy to Monday Morning QB picks now but had they have stayed put and selected Richardson, our DL would be better suited immediately and that would have been a great long term investment.

Yeah, they are expected to do that. BUT, if the pick has an injured shoulder and misses part of the off season and training camp, and then shows flashes of the greatness that could come, I am completely fine with that. We have 2 DEs that are playing better than Jordan, why mess that up simply because Jordan was drafted third? That is stupid and I love the way they are handling Jordan. He will explode and all you Ireland haters can take a nap.

Certainly one of the huge negatives of the winning season is, may mean Ireland stays.

Back
Top Bottom